Posted August 17, 2013
North Meck is the best school! Mr.Hayes is a fun nice principal but is on his stuff, he doesn't play. I love that he has brought back the Cosmetology Program and these other programs such as Culinary, Automative Tech, Horticulture, and Construction. The school is building big time.

North Mecklenburg High 2

Posted April 03, 2011
I normally do not post on these sites. However, since my son's schools has been taken over by the new principal things have gotten so bad. Discipline is not an issue and never was. The man is nothing but about testing, testing and more testing. Students are taught nothing at this school. During an open house the situation was chaotic to say the least, the school has one asst. principal and very young and inexperienced group of people called academic facilitators and for the life of me I cannot figure out who to talk to about my sons issues at this school. I was told by friends about how good this school was, but even they are backing away from it. Poor North Meck, I feel sorry for both studens and staff.

North Mecklenburg High 2

Posted December 16, 2010
This school has gone from one of the best to one of the worst in less than three months. The long time Principal was forced out by the powers that be and was replaced by several other temporary Principals that were removed. The newest Principal comes from a school of less than 400 students will little experience running a large high school. The student population has gone from first to worst. Parents, my student currently attends this school and the morale of both the staff and high achieving students has gone out the window. Avoid North Mecklenburg high and attend Hough High if at possible.

North Mecklenburg High 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Norfff. We have the besgt school spirt around. The classes are great considering, there are different levels offered so youll always be able to pass. Some of the counselors are a little diffucult by theres people that really do want to help you out and are willing to make sure you dont 'get left behind' I love it, and the people there.

North Mecklenburg High 1

Posted April 28, 2009

North Mecklenburg High 0

Posted March 12, 2009
My son is a freshman at North Meck in the IB program. I am happy to say that after spending money on a private school, this school has far exceeding my expectations. The teachers and administrators are some of the finest that I have ever seen. They have gone above and beyond to help my child succeed; staying after school, counseling, offering advice, you name it. The overcrowding issue is what it is, but does not take away from what this school has to offer. I am looking forward to the next three years at North Meck!

North Mecklenburg High 1

Posted December 14, 2008

Posted September 14, 2008
North Mecklenburg is second to none. My son is now a junior in the IB program and has developed into a mature adolescent because of it. He has learned how to control time and his teachers stay afterschool to tutor him. The 'overcrowding' issue is not as bad as it sounds. The school has scheduled themselves so that overcrowding is as small as possible. Send your child to North Meck!!! GO Vikings!

Posted April 11, 2008
This school is one of the best in CMS. We have many classes to chose from and all different levels....from AP, IB, honors, and regular. We have the best School spirit in CMS and a majority of us love going there. The teachers and principal are always on hand for questions or meetings.

North Mecklenburg High 4

Posted March 21, 2008
Principal is involved with parents/students. It has many available AP and Honors courses. Teacher quality for the most part is good. Counselors are not useful or well informed. Overall I am pleased with discipline. The school lets the students have some freedom and recognizes that adolescents will make mistakes and it will not be the end of the world. Wish the principal had more leeway to enforce his own discipline policies instead of enforcing rigid school board policies.

North Mecklenburg High
11201 Old Statesville Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified North Mecklenburg High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Mecklenburg High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews.