Lake Norman Charter School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
This school has been good until recently. My son, an honor role student, was placed in a study hall against our wishes. When we contacted the principal, Terri Costa, we were basically called liars and told there would be no change...too ANY other class. I have never been treated as rudely. Hopefully, this principal will not be here long.
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 30, 2014
How fortunate we are to have our children be a part of this school community! LNC has caring, well-qualified staff and provide innovative, personalized instruction that has helped each of the kids find success. We are excited that in this upcoming school year that 1:1 technology will be provided to better help students to be organized and be ready and adaptable for the expectations of college and future careers. One thing that I really like is that my husband and I can get actively involved in partnering with the school in providing the best opportunity possible for all the students. Whether it is attending a coffee chat, volunteering at the school/school events or participating in focus groups...it is clear that our input matters.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 30, 2014
Students are not encouraged. The environment is very rigid, not conducive to learning. Administration is not welcoming to parents - very arrogant. The electives for high school are EXTREMELY LIMITED.
4 people found this helpful

Posted May 30, 2014
This school does not keep the best interest of students in mind. Homework is overwhelming in both middle and high school. Many group projects. Electives in high school are very limited. Parents are bullied by administration. Communication is POOR! A college prep school doesn't mean slam students with meaningless work. Words that come to my mind to describe our years at LNC - rigid, bullied, arrogant, lifeless, rude, dull, dreaded.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 20, 2014
Lake Norman is a Great school, there is lot of parent involvement and plenty of volunteer opportunities if you want to stay involved with the school. This is my son's second year at school I am very happy about the school overall. Teachers are dedicated and caring about the kids.

Posted May 01, 2014
Lake Norman Charter School We have three students attending LNC: 5th, 8th, and 10th grades. We have been very pleased with the level of education they are receiving. Our high school student has opportunities to take a variety of AP classes, and next year was even given the chance to attend classes at CPCC for dual enrollment. We are very excited about the 1:1 technology program launching next year, where all the students will have the use of an iPad for the school year. The teachers care, the administration is very involved, and the school is small enough to feel your child is getting the attention they deserve.

Posted April 30, 2014
We love Lake Norman Charter. It has been a wonderful experience for my two children. The teachers and administration have been professional and high-quality. My 5th grade son has excelled this year and loves going to school. My 8th grader is challenged and has learned SO much at LNC. Looking forward to many more years at LNC as I still have a kindergartner to come!

Posted April 23, 2014
LNC truly has a group of dedicated staff, students, and parents. Everyone involved in this school works together to make it the best learning/working environment that it can be. The staff take their classroom lessons "outside of the box", this enables the students to grasp the material in meaningful,creative modes. The entire school community believes in service to the school and the community. They strive to instill leadership qualities to the students. Our family has two graduates of LNC and they are presently very successful in rigorous university programs.They have continued to serve and volunteer in their universities.

Lake Norman Charter School 4

Posted April 10, 2014
I am a senior from LNC going to a prestigious college this fall. I am not unique. Many people have gotten into great schools such as UNC, NC State, Clemson, etc. In the end for LNC, it is about getting students into the best colleges and well prepared, which from my personal experience, they have done so. We have the highest SAT average in the area. The administration doesn't show bias towards one sex at all. They do however enforce a dress code, which some girls refuse to follow. They also enforce all other rules listed in the student handbook so if your student gets in trouble for their cell phone or gum it shouldn't be the admins fault for enforcing rules. For students who are willing to work hard, this school provides a challenge and from my conversation from previous graduates it provides great preparation for college. For the most part, the teachers truly want their students to succeed. AP classes are typically very well taught and unlike CMS, they are not the "new honors level." I have passed the 4 AP tests between sophomore and junior year, which could not have been accomplished without the teachers. My only complaint is the level of busy work that some teachers give.

Posted February 18, 2014
Very rigid administration and teachers. Little flexibility and little encouragement for students. Arrogant, "better than everybody else" attitude permeates the school.
2 people found this helpful

Lake Norman Charter School
12701 Old Statesville Rd, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Lake Norman Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Norman Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top