Public charter
Huntersville, NC
Students enrolled: 1,600
After care: No

Posted March 31, 2015
This school is good if you have a "perfect academic child." It is NOT the place to be if you have a gifted child with a learning disability. Lacks empathy for those children and too inflexible with different learning styles. Huge self-esteem deflater for our child.

Posted January 08, 2015
What an amazing school! We have a graduate and a high school student, and we could not be more pleased with the school. It is very challenging, and the rules are enforced more here than at many other schools, and those are two reasons we chose this school. Our college sophomore had a great first year, due in large part to her experience at LNC. When her friends from CMS schools struggled to manage their coursework and the heavy reading and writing load in their classes, she breezed through her freshman year! The teachers here challenge their students every day--and the hard work pays off in many ways! The curriculum more than prepares students for life after high school, and the stricter rules help them learn to behave appropriately even after they have graduated. It is unfortunate that so many parents seem to want a "safe" school with good rules and strong academics---- until the rules and classroom expectations are applied to their students--then the school is inflexible or there is too much work. We have really appreciated the blessing of having our girls attend a great school where they can flourish!

Posted January 07, 2015
An absolutely great school! One of the best in the state for test scores and college placement and I wouldnt want to send my kids anywhere else. To all those complaining below, consider the fact that your kid is still at the school because you know it is better than any other school around

Lake Norman Charter School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
This school has been good until recently. My son, an honor role student, was placed in a study hall against our wishes. When we contacted the principal, Terri Costa, we were basically called liars and told there would be no change...too ANY other class. I have never been treated as rudely. Hopefully, this principal will not be here long.

Posted July 30, 2014
How fortunate we are to have our children be a part of this school community! LNC has caring, well-qualified staff and provide innovative, personalized instruction that has helped each of the kids find success. We are excited that in this upcoming school year that 1:1 technology will be provided to better help students to be organized and be ready and adaptable for the expectations of college and future careers. One thing that I really like is that my husband and I can get actively involved in partnering with the school in providing the best opportunity possible for all the students. Whether it is attending a coffee chat, volunteering at the school/school events or participating in focus groups...it is clear that our input matters.

Posted May 30, 2014
Students are not encouraged. The environment is very rigid, not conducive to learning. Administration is not welcoming to parents - very arrogant. The electives for high school are EXTREMELY LIMITED.

Posted May 30, 2014
This school does not keep the best interest of students in mind. Homework is overwhelming in both middle and high school. Many group projects. Electives in high school are very limited. Parents are bullied by administration. Communication is POOR! A college prep school doesn't mean slam students with meaningless work. Words that come to my mind to describe our years at LNC - rigid, bullied, arrogant, lifeless, rude, dull, dreaded.

Posted May 20, 2014
Lake Norman is a Great school, there is lot of parent involvement and plenty of volunteer opportunities if you want to stay involved with the school. This is my son's second year at school I am very happy about the school overall. Teachers are dedicated and caring about the kids.

Posted May 01, 2014
Lake Norman Charter School We have three students attending LNC: 5th, 8th, and 10th grades. We have been very pleased with the level of education they are receiving. Our high school student has opportunities to take a variety of AP classes, and next year was even given the chance to attend classes at CPCC for dual enrollment. We are very excited about the 1:1 technology program launching next year, where all the students will have the use of an iPad for the school year. The teachers care, the administration is very involved, and the school is small enough to feel your child is getting the attention they deserve.

Posted April 30, 2014
We love Lake Norman Charter. It has been a wonderful experience for my two children. The teachers and administration have been professional and high-quality. My 5th grade son has excelled this year and loves going to school. My 8th grader is challenged and has learned SO much at LNC. Looking forward to many more years at LNC as I still have a kindergartner to come!

Lake Norman Charter School
12701 Old Statesville Rd, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Lake Norman Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Norman Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top