Posted May 10, 2014
SLCA, unfortunately has been a great disappointment. Recruiting athletes is never a good way to run a school...

Southlake Christian Academy 5

Posted December 18, 2013
SLCA is a wonderful school full of motivated teachers, staff and administrators. Both of our children graduated and received academic scolarships. One graduated from Furman and is now in a full paid PHD program at USC, Columbia, a great tribute to the learning and personal development. Class size was never an issue as there are adequate teachers and aids.

Posted October 14, 2013
Class size is same or more than public school tuition increased and service declined. Teachers lost benefits this year admin blames Affordable healthcare act - teachers not engaged this year due to all the changes. If your child is in sports - school cares and even pays tuition for the athletes. Nepotism is rampant at the school. Older children who "mentor" the younger ones use vulgar language and when it is reported nothing happens the parent is told that is was an isolated incident. I have upper school children and do not see any benefit to this school over public this year. The principals almost use a script when you want to discuss the school. It is sad that what use to be a good school had turned into a school striving to be great at sports and so so on academics.

Southlake Christian Academy 5

Posted July 26, 2013
SLCA is an absolute wonderful school. We have recently move from London and have found this school better from our previous English private schools

Southlake Christian Academy 2

Posted June 09, 2013
I go to Southlake Christian Academy. I have attended Southlake for twelve years. The administration is not helpful. When you hire a teacher, is it too much to ask for you too hire a qualified teacher? Also, this is a school that is suppossed to be college prepatory and instead our administration worries about who they will recruit for football next so that they can achieve their beloved state championship. Don't get me wrong, I love football but there is a certain extent a school should go to develop their team. Southlake seems oblivious to the angry parents. Parents come to the front office every other day, but nothing they say will changes anything. If all these people continue to leave the school you will have no money because the only thing the school does is bring in athletes who can't pay tuition. Now people might ask me have I tried eveything to improve the school and I can say I have. I literally live at this school. I am involved with fall and winter sports, beta club, and the play. Parents have come up to me and said, "Wow! Thank you for being everywhere you can be to help out the school." Honestly, I would love to tell people to come here, but I simply can not do that.

Southlake Christian Academy 3

Posted April 01, 2013
This school is an outreach school, not a covenant school. The teachers are above average. The admin is average. The students are below average in effort and passion. The parents are busy working or looking for work. The middle school classrooms are the brightest, happiest I've seen. The upper school kids are not sheltered. I don't know why there is a comment about that. Weird. Maybe a bit sheltered from the reality of excellence in academics in other parts of the country and world. The students need to take their studies more seriously. Some do. It is possible to go on to a great college and rank in the top 10%. That happened this year to a friend's kid. But it really is up to the student. There is little hand holding and creative guidance. If you want to go the AP route, do it. No one will force you to or even encourage you. You need to know what universities have as their minimum requirements now. If you wait until junior year, it will be too late. This school is like a clean 3 star hotel. No frills. It is not a 5 star service oriented school. You will need to take care of some things as a family and not rely on the school.

Posted October 28, 2012
The biggest problem with this school is that they shelter students from the real world. The teaching staff is way below average. The classes seem to be fresh out of college and just boss the kids around and quiz them on things they never went over. I guess you can say its has Christian but they are too focused on "trying" to make the school challenging. All the students who graduate never truly want to return here. This school is so focused on its athletics. They say the kids are mature enough, but they won't teach about the experiences they will encounter in college and life. The schedule is the worst schedule in Lake Norman. Seven classes a day is way to overwhelming for the students, especially when the teachers assign quizzes and tests all on the same days. If you want your kid to have a better middle and high school career, send them to a public school. The education is better. And FREE. $12000 a year is too much for below average teaching. If you are concerned about the lack of Christian values in a pubic school, make sure they are involved in FCA. I was very disappointed in this school. This is the brutal truth. Do not send students here. It is not worth the overpriced cost.

Southlake Christian Academy 4

Posted August 02, 2012
I have had a child at Southlake from kindergarten until now, the 3rd grade and love it. I saw one comment that the school does not give the scores to the EOG. That is no longer true. We received the score and complete evaluation of my son's testing and how he compared to his class and the school. We know his weaknesses and his strengths. It should also be noted that the school falls within the top 20% of all schools which take the EOG. The administration is doing an outstanding job. I also love the commitment the staff has to Christ and teaching the Bible. As others have said in these reviews, no school is perfect. When you have a school full of people who are saved by grace alone you are not going to find perfection.

Southlake Christian Academy 4

Posted May 22, 2012
I would hope that the 1-star comments came from families that have exhausted every opportunity to positively impact SouthLake. No school is perfect and we can say, from experience, that one school may not be the right fit from K to 12th grade. We look at it one year at a time. Yes, the athletics program is growing, and it does bring in boosters. But we can say that our children are receiving a great education, firm and loving guidance in their Christian walk and life-application skills that will prepare them for college and beyond. Please don't fall prey to the world's measure of comparison and attitude of complaint, but allow God to lead you and your child to school, SouthLake or another, and joyfully obey. What fits for one may not fit another. Just remember what a blessing it is to have choices in our children's education.

Posted May 12, 2012
I feel so let down. We have so many great families at our school, but I am convinced the administration doesn't care about any of us as they pursue special deals to build their football program. The academics here have never been great but now, more and more kids are being added to already too large class sizes that are athletes first, not students. I don't feel guilty in the least that I am exploring other educational alternatives in Lake Norman as my family won't be back next year. Academics and athletics are important to me. Not one over the other.

Southlake Christian Academy
13901 Hagers Ferry Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Southlake Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Southlake Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews.