Posted September 11, 2014
I chose this school because it is so calm and peaceful and felt much more like home. The environment is calming - I have never heard yelling - and they go outside on their large property a lot. The toddler room has stairs to practice on and tons of toys to experiment with. When I ask if he wants to go to school, he runs to the door. My three year old also loves to come. After school, they change rooms, so she has different materials (toys) to work with and gets to see her friends from the other classrooms. They are actively engaged all day. The teachers are not just hourly caregivers but true teachers that go above and beyond. Probably the only down side to the school is the number of days off. Even with the year round program, they are not able to go during teacher work days and breaks, so I have to arrange for back up care. But, they need that time to make the school function the way that it does - as a school!

Posted February 03, 2012
Christian Montessori School at Lake Norman was a wonderful experience for my daughter. While at the school, she developed a passion for learning, independence, and a sense of self. In addition to her academic flouishing, she grew closer in her relationship with the Lord and know sees the big picture and where she fits into that. CMSLN is active in the community and performs several community service projects throughout the year. Every class has a Montessori certified lead teacher and knowledgable staff. Overall, we had a fantastic experience at the school and would recommend it to family and friends.

Christian Montessori School 2

Posted November 08, 2010
My child attended this school for 3 years, the first two were wonderful, however when my child progressed to the Primary rooms we did not have the same experience. The Montessori teaching method is followed, however with very little direction from the actual teacher, thus leaving the children to fend for themselves when guidance is critical. The leadership is weak at best and although there are good teachers in the school, they do not excel in areas of childhood development. My child's lead teacher was very good instructionally, however her interaction with the childern 1:1 left much to be desired. Now that we are in a new school and seeing children manage personal tasks, I realize that many everyday living skills are not taught in CMS, ie tying shoes. This school is a good choice for a toddler or younger, at the age of 3 consider other options.

Posted February 10, 2010

Posted October 30, 2009
My children have both attended this school. We have learned that the experience they receive is very teacher dependent. Leadership is poor, as is the quality of many of the teachers. As well, if you are stuck with one of the poor teachers, they tend to know nothing about child development, including pre-academic development and behavior modification. Although Montessori is usually better than the typical day care and preschool experience, I feel that if you are going to pay for a montessori school it should be one worth the money. We will not be back in future years.

Christian Montessori School 0

Posted September 14, 2009
We started our child in this program at 18 months. He was a stay at home child who was struggling with language skills. Since enrolling him in the school, not only has language exploded, but he has devloped significantly in other areas. We are so impressed with the school on many levels, including its enriching, peaceful environment, its committment to the Montessori method and its strong diversity. Our child is learning so much beyond the 'play' and 'worksheets' of the other area preschools. We feel that building a strong foundation is important and we are glad we were able to find that in CMS.

Posted March 11, 2009
CMS is one of the best Montessori Schools in the region. After researching many of the Montessori Schools in the surrounding Charlotte area including Davidson Day, we felt CMS was the best opportunity of our son to learn and prosper. Since beginning, our son has exploded with knowledge and we are extremely impressed with how well they follow the traditional Montessori methodology. The staff is very easy to work with and accommodating to family specific needs. If you are considering a Montessori education you should definitely take the time and consider CMS.

Posted February 09, 2009

Posted October 08, 2008
The positive experience of CHristain Montessory school starts the moment when you walk through the door. Faculty and staff are exptreamly friendly, helpful and attentive to your needs. Students quickly formed a close bond with fellow students and their teachers. Religious teaching enhanced my children's understanding of the Bible. I left my children at the school with a peace of mind.

Posted October 08, 2008
The posititve experience of Chirstian Montesrry school starts the moment when you walk through the door. Faculty and staff are extreamly friendly, helpful adn attentive to your needs. Studnets formed a close bond qucikly and thier teachers. My children often asked me on Sunday if they will go school tomorrow. Religious teaching significantly enahnce my children's understanding about the Bible. I left my children at the school with a peace of mind.

Christian Montessori School
14101 Stumptown Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Christian Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-4
Christian Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top