Huntersville, NC
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I could not be more proud to serve as principal of Torrence Creek Elementary School. The heart of our school is our students who want to learn and contribute to their surrounding community. I work with a highly talented and committed team of educational professionals here at TCE who want the best for each and every student. Our parents are our number one cheerleaders and their involvement in our school supports our mission in every way. If you want to learn more, please feel free to contact me or call our front office to join one of our tours. We welcome your visit!
November 20, 2014

Posted December 08, 2014
I had my son at the school for K and had an ok experience. Probably just not the best fit for a teacher for him. I took him to a charter for 1st grade and it was horrible! I quickly put him back at TCE and he's thriving. No more bad behavior from boredom and he has an excellent teacher. All the staff is dedicated to the students and the teachers work their butts off all day every day! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this school after what we were put through last year. My son's 504 plan was promptly updated as soon as school started and we were even able to leave things off of it due to what the teacher was seeing. Phenomenal school and even better now that there are less students since Grand Oak opened.

Posted October 05, 2014
My 2 children attended Torrence Creek for K, 1st, 2nd and 5th. They thrived here at Torrence Creek. The teachers were attentive to their individual needs and my children did well academically. Since we have moved out of state I have not found a school that we like as much as Torrence Creek. As a personal side note, the children here are phenomenal as well; there are not cliques or bullying.

Posted August 20, 2014
This is our second year at TCE and loving it there. I got involved with the PTA and being a room parent I was also able to help with the father - daughter dance and i loved being apart of all that. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. I was open up to a whole different world since last year was my first year. I was able to be apart of a lot of events at the school. The staff are very helpful the parents are too and the PTA. Being there you can feel the closeness with everyone. I have personally made great new friends and my daughter have too. All in all I love TCE and myself and family are happy there.

Posted August 13, 2014
We are about to begin our third year at Torrence Creek and we couldn't be happier. Coming from a private school, we were a little apprehensive of TCE. However, there was no need to be worried. The curriculum is outstanding and is taught by caring and nurturing teachers. These outstanding educators continuously challenge my son and as a result he has grown so much as a student and as an individual. Parent involvement is strong and supportive. We truly feel part of the TCE community!

Posted August 13, 2014
Torrence Creek is an amazing school. My son started first grade moving from another state. But I can say that every teacher he had have truly care about his success. The school has showed me that all the staff is dedicated to the students.

Posted August 12, 2014
My son has been here since Kindergarten, now going into 4th grade. TCE has the best teachers and staff , many have been there since the school opened in 2005. Outstanding parent involvement. The special teachers are amazing, so blessed to have TCE as our home school. Can't wait for my daughter to start kindergarten this fall at TCE.

Posted May 08, 2014
TCE has had some great changes this year. Our school size is finally what an elementary school should be- as the relief school was finally built and we are now half the size we have been since the doors opened. No more mobile units or overcrowded conditions! The students are all in the school building now. A rarity in a system as big as CMS. Teachers and staff are fantastic. The entire staff is committed to our kids education. The PTA is involved and supportive of staff and students. It makes a big difference to the school community as a whole. I would not want my kids to go any where else for elementary school.

Posted July 22, 2012
Teachers and staff members are great!! My 5th grader just graduated from TCE and the 6 years she was there was great. All teachers are commited to teach and they challenge students, specially in math and reading. They are complemented with music and tech class and they are always exhorted to achieve.

Posted December 03, 2010
Torrence Creek is an amazing school. My children are receiving not only an excellent education but their teachers truly care about their success. The teaching staff is excellent and the Principal is outstanding.

Torrence Creek Elementary 3

Posted October 12, 2010
Many of the teachers truly care about the kids, and are wonderful educators. But, the school is WAY too big and you start to feel like a number. There are 23 trailers so many kids are not part of the main building most the day. The play area outside has a lot to be desired. If we could afford it, we would sent our kids to a smaller private school with a better facility, not as over crowded, and a closer family atmosphere.

Torrence Creek Elementary
14550 Ranson Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Torrence Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Torrence Creek Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top