Posted May 08, 2014
TCE has had some great changes this year. Our school size is finally what an elementary school should be- as the relief school was finally built and we are now half the size we have been since the doors opened. No more mobile units or overcrowded conditions! The students are all in the school building now. A rarity in a system as big as CMS. Teachers and staff are fantastic. The entire staff is committed to our kids education. The PTA is involved and supportive of staff and students. It makes a big difference to the school community as a whole. I would not want my kids to go any where else for elementary school.

Posted July 22, 2012
Teachers and staff members are great!! My 5th grader just graduated from TCE and the 6 years she was there was great. All teachers are commited to teach and they challenge students, specially in math and reading. They are complemented with music and tech class and they are always exhorted to achieve.

Posted December 03, 2010
Torrence Creek is an amazing school. My children are receiving not only an excellent education but their teachers truly care about their success. The teaching staff is excellent and the Principal is outstanding.

Torrence Creek Elementary 3

Posted October 12, 2010
Many of the teachers truly care about the kids, and are wonderful educators. But, the school is WAY too big and you start to feel like a number. There are 23 trailers so many kids are not part of the main building most the day. The play area outside has a lot to be desired. If we could afford it, we would sent our kids to a smaller private school with a better facility, not as over crowded, and a closer family atmosphere.

Posted July 13, 2010
Torrence Creek has excellent teachers and leadership. The year has been over crowded since it opened, but has developed a system that works and the students don't realize they are in "over croweded conditions". The system works and I wouldn't want my child in anyother school. I would fight the system to keep my child at this school it is AWESOME !!

Posted February 16, 2010
Quality teachers and parent involvement has overcome purposeful and successful attempt of Charlotte controlled school board and administration, to overcrowd the school. Neccessary school construction in Huntersville has been witheld and shifted to other politically decided areas of Mecklenburg. Torrence Creek has more 'trailer students' than those in the building. All must share gym/cafateria/media center... made for a school population half the size. Very early and late lunch times to accommodate all students, specialty rooms used for classrooms, having to abandon trailers and double up class in building during winter weather, limts on extra curriculum, 10 plus minute walks-in weather to and from mobiles for in building specials/lunch, free time is on blacktop as most of the play area is covered by trailers and many more issues. This school has a great commeraderie and academic achievement record because it is a neighborhood school which presently CMS is unable to affect.

Posted September 11, 2009
Even given the overcrowding, Torrence Creek is an excellent school. Parents, students, and vistors always feel welcome. Parental involvement is outstanding. Unfortuately, we are no longer at the school as of the 2009-2010 school year (not our decision) although I would love to be able to finish out my childs final two years of elementary education there. I knew the school was good, but I didn't realize how great it really is until we were no longer there.

Torrence Creek Elementary 0

Posted September 01, 2009
I agree with others that this school is over crowded. That said, it is one of the best schools around. No doubts about that.

Torrence Creek Elementary 3

Posted June 21, 2009
Too overcrowded from day one. Only getting worse thanks to budge contraints. School is over all a good school but way too many kids for one building. There are about 15 portables and counting...

Torrence Creek Elementary 4

Posted October 15, 2008
Until this school gets its size under control, it won't be a 6 star. It should be offering sports and music extra-curriculars.

Torrence Creek Elementary
14550 Ranson Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Torrence Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Torrence Creek Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.