School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I could not be more proud to serve as principal of Torrence Creek Elementary School. The heart of our school is our students who want to learn and contribute to their surrounding community. I work with a highly talented and committed team of educational professionals here at TCE who want the best for each and every student. Our parents are our number one cheerleaders and their involvement in our school supports our mission in every way. If you want to learn more, please feel free to contact me or call our front office to join one of our tours. We welcome your visit!
November 20, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Our family has had a great experience at TCE. The teachers and staff are amazing and work extra hard. We love all the extra activities they offer for students and families to participate thru out the year. Our child loves the fun loving environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Such an amazing group of teachers, so far both of our teachers and the ones I have had to partner with on projects and activities are amazing.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child is only in 1st grade so it is hard to tell at this point, but I feel that it is managable and there is not a lot of "stress" on the child to complete it at this time. We make him do more that what is assigned but I feel that is just due to his level and we are able to do so at this time.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They are attentive to making sure that all students are included whether it be academically, and/or cultural differences and create an environment of diverstiy and appreciation.

My son has been at TCE for 2 years now and we could not be happier! TCE faculty, staff and PTA has completely exceeded all of my expecations. The things I like most is how close everyone is, it is like a family. The school is very well run, organized, safe and Ms. Davis, the principal, does an amazing job with her team. We are looking forward to the years ahead at the school and could not imagine being anywhere else.

We have a kindergartner and a first grader at TCE and could not be happier. The staff is engaging and knows all of the kids by name. There are a variety of extracurricular clubs & activities available and the relationship between staff and parents can't be beat.

We have had such a great experience. The teachers are amazing and we are always well informed. My kids absolutely enjoy school.

In 2014-2015, my sons started their 1st and and 2nd grades at this school with no English skills at all. I was really worry about their academic progress and English barrier. TCE team helps them to cope the language barrier and engage them perfectly with their classes. Now (2015-2016), they learned a lot of English and their academic progress improved dramatically. I really would like to thank all TCE team members for their excellent effort and encouragement. Talal

Friendly, sincere, and polite teachers. My daughter feels much better, more confident, and has more friend. We just moved from NY upstate. She is not complaining about bullying anymore. We feel that she is learning and enjoying the life in a free and lovely ambient. We gratefully thank you all TCE family !

We purchased our home specifically to be zoned for this school based on my nieces amazing experience at TCE. Our son has been at Torrence Creek for Kindergarten and 1st Grade. I would wager that our experience has been better than had we selected a Charter or Private school. The school staff and teachers met with us for a couple of hours before our son was a student at the school to discuss the plan for ensuring his learning disability (ADHD & Dyslexia) would not prevent him from receiving a top notch education. The Exceptional Children’s program at TCE is amazing for students with disabilities as well as for students with above average intelligence. What we love about TCE is that they truly do tailor programs for ALL students and to ensure everyone receives what they need. The teachers and staff are part of the community-many living right here in Huntersville and are highly qualified and top notch. Engagement with students and parents is excellent and extra-curricular activities are well organized and are enjoyed by the majority of students. The other great thing about TCE is the diversity of the student population. There are several cultures represented at the school and the staff/administration/PTA utilize this to engage students and teach them about cultures, languages and traditions. We could not be happier at TCE and recommend it to anyone looking for a great experience.

Last modified Torrence Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.