K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Academically I would say effective to very effective. To deal with children which have behavior/attention issues I would say somewhat effective. It is a hit or miss.

We left this school after receiving a spot in a charter. This school is NOT accommodating to every child. My kid is a sweet kid, however has a tough time sitting still after a while and gets a bit restless, like many kids. After all, it's ridiculous to expect that 6 year olds can sit still for long periods of time. I feel like the teachers had nothing but negative things to say to him and it really hurt his confidence. He is way above grade level academically, so he is very very smart. I wish this school would cater to different children and be a bit more encouraging and positive role models. It's not just about how long you can sit still, how long you can sit down and do work, how well you do on testing...it's letting kids be kids, too!!! The school leadership called us so many times to discuss our child's behavior that WE got fed up and left. They were NOT accommodating and don't care about accommodating special strategies. They have a huge wait list and all they need is push the parents out so they can get the next easy kid in. If your kid has a similar behavior I would highly suggest looking elsewhere. What is ironic is that they pray for your child's wellness but they don't treat everyone equally as Christ always preached. Where is the Catholicism when they "bully" the parents until they are fed up? Sorry, but I do pray that the leadership of this school do start accepting each kid equally rather than singling the challenging ones out. We surely miss the school environment as this is not as nearly as great as the charter we are now, but it is sad that the leadership is not open minded. We pray for you!

The school leadership wants children that have no issues. If your kid has learning issues the leadership will insist that you correct your child at home rather than making any special arrangements for the child to succeed. The school has a long waiting list and prefers to be selective to whom they keep on their grounds rather than have to deal with problems. It is really sad that this happens because you would expect that a catholic school would actually be based on acceptance and forgiveness rather than bully a child / parents for them been different. I think that the major problem that this school has is the leadership. We do know several parents that were forced to take their kids out because the principal does not want to handle with discipline and lack of attention issues. The parents are never told to remove their kids, but the leadership will do whatever they can to make these parents so sick of attending lengthy meetings that push you thru the wall that they will get fed up and leave.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is not an issue. It feels appropriate for grade level. Less than an hour typically.

Develops character: Neutral

This the school is so far behind the time it leaves kids at a disadvantage.

The administration is very closed minded and old school. The teaching staff are complacent and do not seem to understand what our student will need to be successful adults.

We moved here from Simpsonville, SC. When we first arrived I enrolled my son in the public school that we were assigned to. What a nightmare that was. Thankfully, I was able to get him enrolled and it's been the best move I could have ever made. My son loves it there. Whole staff has been welcoming. Only complaint about the school is the chaos at pickup time. They need a better system.

Both of my Boys have gone there since Kindergarten. They are now in the 4th and 6th grade. Everything has pro's and con's but our decision to be apart of St. Mark School was a good one and my children will be there until they graduate from 8th grade. Academics, Sports, faith and communication are all top notch.

I currently have a very happy 4th grader here. My older daughter attended St. Mark since the day it first opened its doors, as a kindergardener, and last year graduated from 8th grade. I cannot imagine a more amazing place for her to have been educated, both academically and spiritually. The principal is outstanding, and knows every child and parent that walks through those doors. The teachers are excellent. The academics are rigorous without being overwhelming, and my children have had the added advantage of being able to live their faith in a supportive and caring environment. My eldest loved going to school every day. We chose for her to attend the local public high school this year as a freshman, and I am so pleased with how well St. Mark prepared her academically. In fact, she is ahead of the curve, having already obtained several of the core requirements while still in middle school at St. Mark. Overall, St. Mark is the total package. There is a very active PTO, a great athletic program, terrific teachers who truly care, and a wonderful school community of parents and kids who love this school! I highly recommend it!

WONDERFUL! We are so fortunate to have been accepted. My daughter went to a local Christian school and was so far behind the other kids, I knew I had to do something for her. After a few weeks we realized how far behind she was and the learning resources department organized a meeting with Administration, guidance, her, both of us and her teacher. Together we worked for her education and to bring her up to her peers....it was a difficult year with some tears but now that it is over--she is a strong student with amazing study skills. She likes the bigger class and is learning important social skills. Before she had 2 friends- thats all she had in her class that were not teachers children. Now she has alot!! I am so thankful for St. Marks.

Last modified St. Mark Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8