PK-12 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

We love the learning style of hands on Montessori! Our son is absolutely thrilled to go to school each day-- and doesn't want to leave hen I come to pick him up. Field trips, overnight excursions and weeklong trips to an estuary camp and in older grades, to a nature camp and to Washington, DC-- what more can kids ask for? They go hiking, to The Cherokee Nation in the mountains and to the beach-- all while learning math, science, language and social studies. There is collaboration among the students to accomplish whatever projects they given, truly team efforts. Montessori prepares students for real-life situations and the students eagerly take on their tasks. This school and it's teachers are wonderful!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Montessori method of teaching encourages students to take personal responsibility for themselves and their environment.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is generally no homework assigned, so no struggles to get hours of busy work completed at the expense of family time.

We moved to the area a year and go and were so sad to leave behind my daughter's previous daycare facility. We visited over a dozen preschools/nurseries in the summer of 2013 and were feeling quite dejected by what was out there--"five star" facilities with one star feel (crowded rooms, disengaged teachers, unstructured play all day, etc). Then we found PMA and were so relieved that they accepted children at 18 months. Teachers are loving, give individualized attention and have actually helped me to be a more patient parent who truly embraces positive reinforcement. I love that middle schoolers know my daughter and greet her in the morning. PMA is a school and a family. My daughter doesn't want to leave at the end of the day. She's just two now and knows her colors beyond primary colors, diverse animals, can count and add, dress herself and her vocabulary is growing by the day. I really really love this school and all the wonderful work being done there. I've never see children so excited to come to school and learn. I'm so glad we found PMA. We'll be there for years to come as I have had a wonderful opportunity to meet teachers from various classrooms and remain impressed.

Great school providing hands-on learning, research based teaching and a proven learning method-- Montessori at its best. There are two teachers in each classroom, small class size and enthusiasm everywhere. With its wonderful Davidson location, we could not be more pleased. We have had our children at Phoenix for three years now. All of the teachers know them because Montessori provides for three year cycles. There is no staff turnover in the elementary, middle and high schools, so the students are very secure in their environments. What a pleasure for all of the Phoenix families to be part of this learning community!

My son has been at PMA for six years. The best part is how my son has learned personal responsibility, something quite lacking today. I used to have to drag him to his homework. Now he sits down and does his homework first. Kids are able to learn the way that they learn best. It is a warm inviting school with the ability for a child to be an individual. Moving to the new campus has been a great thing. Along with regular class activities there is an emphasis on community and giving back. People can learn great things come in small packages. The tuition for the small classes is very affordable. We love the school

My two children could not be more different from one another and yet both have thrived in PMA's environment. They are happy, confident children with a firmer grasp of academic concepts than I have seen in their traditional school friends. More importantly, they have an awareness of their responsibilities to their community, the Earth and their fellow citizens. While no situation is ever perfect, I am proud to have been a part of the Phoenix Family for many years. It has been a huge investment, but one I intend to continue to make.

This school was a complete waste of time and money. The children are not challenged and parents are not welcome. Administration was mainly concerned about the contractual agreement regarding payment. Teenagers are asleep on couches and while pretending to be on their laptops. We were only there a short time, thankfully! NOT a real Montessori school.

Phoenix Montessori is a great school! They offer affordable classes for all ages and truly care about not only your child, but your family. This school has been home to all three of my children. The staff and curriculum developed a love of learning in my children and helped to cultivate their natural curiosity. I highly recommend this school to every family.

Phoenix Montessori Academy has been a life saver for our son! He was struggling for years in public school until we finally pulled him out and found Phoenix. The school is amazing and has literally turned his life around. He loves school now and is doing really well. I would highly recommend this school to anyone, especially if you have a child who learns in a non-traditional way and needs a smaller, more caring environment. It is also one of the few Montessori schools with a middle and high school program.

Last modified Phoenix Montessori Academy is a Private school