Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

My biggest fear was that my daughter would get bored. This has never been a concern! The "blocks" for reading and math keep her challenged and engaged with students at her level. The teachers are very easy to communicate with, they are "on it" with the use of technology - integrated but not a distraction. The PTA is very active and FANTASTIC. We couldn't have done any better with a private/charter school. We LOVE Barnette!

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers make good use of traditional paper as well as online homework assignments. There's typically 30 minutes or so per evening (so far!).

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They have a "Character" program where they recognize and reward admirable student behavior. Students who exhibit good Character get a T-Shirt and it's announced during morning announcements to the whole school!

We love Barnette! I can't imagine a better school for our kids or this community. The administration is caring and thoughtful in their decisions regarding the school and students. The teachers are amazing and do a great job teaching students on every level. The Cambridge Program is a great addition to the school and feeder schools. Barnette PTA goes above and beyond for our students and staff. We consider ourselves fortunate to be apart of the Barnette community!

We love Barnette! The teachers are great at communicating what is happening and our PTO is top notch. The flex program has been huge for my kid. The ability to move around and learn from different teachers is great. It is close to home, it is clean and all the staff are friendly and accommodating. More folks in our community should give our public schools the opportunity to shine and stop going to charter schools that are pulling funding from our public schools. Be an involved parent and the school will be what you want it to be. We highly recommend Barnette!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each of my son's teachers have given at least 110%, they truly care for each student!

We love Barnette! It has it all amazing teachers plus a outstanding PTA, you couldn't ask for a better elementary school!!!

I currently have 1 child attending Barnette (4th Grades). We have had a fabulous experience at the school. GREAT teachers, amazing staff and hands-on parents. 5 Stars all the way! Keep up the great work Barnette!

I have 2 kids that attend Barnette and they truly love it. I believe some of the previous negative comments and reviews reflect the old administration. The teachers seems fully supported by the PTA and the new principal. As a result, teacher retention has been over 90% for the past few years. We had the chance to send our kids to a charter and I am very thankful we stayed at Barnette. It is a great fit.

We can not imagine a better elementary school for our children. When we began looking at schools for our oldest, we were shocked at how many choices there were. It was overwhelming. I did not hear many good things about Barnette (this was 6+ years ago), and was concerned about enrolling our son. I have to say, that our experience has been wonderful, and I can not imagine a better school for our family to be a part of!! One of our children has severe ADHD, and the teachers and admin staff have supported us every step of the way, through each challenge. Our son (along with his little sister) is flourishing at Barnette. We feel very lucky to have Barnette as our neighborhood school! The principal, and entire staff are amazing, dedicated, hard-working educators. We are so grateful!

Last modified Barnette Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.