Metrolina Christian Academy

Private | K-12 | 824 students

Student diversity

Living in Indian Trail

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $152,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $790.

Sweep tile

Posted October 29, 2013

My daughter is 7 months old and has been at Metrolina since she was 3 months. I am more than happy with Metrolina. They are so friendly and caring. They take fantastic care of my daughter and treat her like their own. We actually moved to be closer to this daycare because we heard how amazing they are. Blessed my child is there.

Posted February 24, 2013

I used to attend MCA. I always moved a lot, so I never stayed i the same school very long but my parents tryed to keep me and my older brother in MCA as long as they could because we liked the school so much. Last year i moved to FL to live with my dad and my older brother stayed with my mom and we went to public school for 3 years and said we hated it. After i moved my older brother went back to MCA. He loves it and enjoys being there, He still remembers all his friends that were there 3 years ago. I still talk to some of my old friends from MCA. I even talk to some of my older brothers friends that were friends with me. I enjoyed MCA, its coming from a students point of view and I think any parent that will send their child/children to MCA, is a great parent. Anyone who is willing to write a bad review about MCA must be crazy! I loved that school and it will always be my favorite school o ever attended. I plan attending MCA again soon, I plan on graduating from there and going to my dream college. Parents will be very pleased with MCA.

Posted July 20, 2012

As both a teacher and parent, I am extremely please with MCA! There is a strong commitment to excellence and to creating a well-rounded program. They care about the spiritual development, as well as the academic. They also work hard to provide the best opportunities for students with athletics and fine arts. If you are looking for a "perfect" school, you will always be disappointed. Schools are run by people, are there are no perfect people! However, MCA strives to provide the absolute best!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 30, 2012

MCA is a fantastic school. We started in a Transitional Kindergarten and my oldest is now entering 8th grade. I have 3 kids at MCA and we are very happy with the school. With every school you are going to find things that aren't perfect but I will tell you, compared to public school, you will find teachers and staff who will listen and support you. They go above and beyond to help your child succeed. When you are shopping around for a great private christian school, you want need to look far. MCA is the best of the best!

Posted March 5, 2012

I only have good things to say about MCA. Both our children started kindergarden at MCA with our oldest just finishing college and our youngest graduating from MCA this year. MCA provided a solid foundation that allowed them to grow and share their faith. I'm so grateful for MCA and the outcome has been priceless.

Posted August 24, 2011

I love MCA! I had 3 children at the school. My oldest was there for 7 years. We were very please with all aspects of the school. We moved 3 hours away 2 years ago and if we were still in the area my children would still attend.

Posted July 10, 2011

MCA is a great school for students to get a solid, Bible-based education! The administration and teachers pray for their students and families daily! Students leave MCA prepared to excell in college and beyond, but more importantly, they are prepared to defend their faith!!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 2, 2011

We just finished our first year at Metrolina and could not be more impressed. Excellent, caring, knowledgeable teachers, supportive staff and excellent leadership. It was so nice to see Ms. Hill the principal greeting the children every morning. From our first meeting with Mrs. Walton where she made us feel so welcome, I knew this was the school for my children.

Posted January 31, 2011

This is such a wonderful school! The teachers are such nurturing wonderful people and above all.....great teachers! Our family has two children at the school and we look forward to them being here for a very long time!

Posted May 7, 2010

It's the luck of the draw on whether you get a good teacher or not and this year we didn't. I would be hard pressed to say which teacher in our grade was the best. I expected more and I'm walking away with an awful first year experience. I think this school would be good for high schoolers (I have no experience at that level so I really don't know) but for the elementary years, do yourself a favor and look somewhere else. Somewhere that's actually going to nurture young kids because here they can't be themselves. I only wish someone had told me this before wasting a year here.

Posted July 25, 2008

Christ-centered, academically advanced, and very nurturing environment!

Posted June 10, 2008

Wonderful school. Can't say enough positive things.

Posted January 15, 2008

We love MCA! The teachers are caring and knowledgeable, the curriculum is challenging, test scores are high, and we love that Christian morals and personal responsibility are part of the lesson plan. Our children have made wholesome friends, and they are happy here. MCA was a prayer answered for our family, after some very bad experiences in the local public school.

Posted June 19, 2007

MCA has been a blessing to my family. My son has been there since kindergarten, and will be going into third grade this year. He has received a great education with great morals and values. We have been blessed by receiving wonderful teachers, there patience and guidance will always be remembered. My husband and I are truly grateful for this school.

Posted October 26, 2004

Metrolina Christian Academy has truly been an answer to prayer. My child graduated in 2003 with a solid spiritual and academic foundation. She was well-prepared for college, especially in the areas of English and Mathematics. She still considers MCA home and is always eager to visit previous teachers and administration. I am so thankful that God has blessed this ministry with the educational tools and dedicated faculty that are shaping our children's future!

Posted September 2, 2004

MCA provides a wholesome, safe environment for my girls. I am truly grateful for the Christian values that are taught to the students every day, and modeled by the teachers and staff. The test scores are impressive, also. I feel that my girls,(elementary and middle school) receive individual academic attention when they need it, to help them be as succesful as they can be. The guidance and support available to middle school students is particularly outstanding. Middle school is such a difficult time, and MCA truly provides an atmosphere where the MS students can thrive in ALL areas, not just academics.

Posted February 23, 2004

Great school! My daughter and granddaughter both attend there now, and I wouldn't change their school for anything. They have wholesome friends, fine teachers, & an excellent education. This is the first year they have entered the High School 'Quiz Bowl,' and they won for the county, and are attending the Regional Bowl soon. I'm pleased and proud.

Posted September 9, 2003

Metrolina offers children the opportunity to participate in many of the activities that you might find in a public school setting but in a small school atmosphere. Reasonably priced and affordable for the average family. A good alternative to public school.

• Rick Calloway
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious