Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The school is always neat and clean. The office staff is extremely helpful and nice when you have questions. However, I feel the school has felled my daughter and myself. It took 4 years before the school even implemented an IEP for her. Every year, I received the same letter " your child is struggling and may not pass to the next grade". I worked with my daughter at home everyday, giving extra work to do. I hired tutor after tutor just to be ready once the EOGS came. However nothing was ever enough. I knew she had a learning disability for some time. However, it took the school 4 years to finally test her to prove my theory was correct. Mother knows best. I had to demand a meeting with the school principle - teacher - counselor and special education teacher before anything was ever done. I just can not believe this dragged on for 4 years before doing something. I had to let them know I was willing to pay out of my own pocket in order to get something done. The resources for the parents are simply not there. The school tries to say they care for each and every child's development and reaching their full potential but when its at the schools expense they do not care at all. I am still trying to see what my tax money and the NC lottery money goes to, because its not bettering our school system.

I had 2 children in this school for 5 years and 1 would still be there if they hadn't rezoned us. I love this school and every single staff member! Mrs Taylor is very involved and runs that school as if each child is her own! I got to know about each teacher as my children grew and I can't say anything bad about any of them. Mrs Marowitz and Mrs Abee are two that stand out as excellent educators. I will miss this school and staff !!

Best school ever! i went to the school for 4th and 5th grade and now my 2 siblings are in 2nd grade. you cann't ask for a better school! top notch school!

I have two children who attend school here. During their time here, the kids have encountered many different peer situations - some good, and some challenging. Through every situation development of good character kept surfacing. The academics at the school are great, but the emphasis that is placed on developing qualities such as honesty, kindness and respect are valued to me as a parent far more important than day to day grades and making the A/B honor roll. The school and all of the employees there do an impeccable job at not only providing an education that prepares them for the state mandated testing, but they also teach the children character traits that many parents seem to have forgotten. PRES helps their children develop traits such as kindness, caring, patience, and more. The children are given Proud Pirate awards and Pirate coins for showing PRIDE in their school not only to their teachers, but also to their peers.

My daughter went here 5 years ago and now my son is in the 2nd grade here. This is one of the bet schools you could choose. The teachers are top notch as well as the principal and assistant principal. The office staff is great. We love PRES

We moved here from Virginia. I have to say that my child has been in the school for 4 years and has liked all her teachers. We think the school is very strong when it comes to the quality of the teachers.

We recently moved here from NJ (7/2008). So far both our boys love this school. We have had terrific correspondence with the staff and the teachers. Thanks for all the hard work!~

Our kids have had great teachers at Porter Ridge. We have had a total of 7 school years there among all our kids and we have loved them all.

My grandsons both attend and are new to this school. I live in Michigan, and have attended the open house and have been there for sharing lunch with them. so far everyone has been really helpful. I have met both teacher and they seem very caring and the boys seem to like them as well. I am hoping to be able to stay up with what there doing. We will visit as much as we can. Right now it's a once a month. submitted by a grandparent that wants to be involved with them.

I love this school! we moved here specifically for the school, and my son ended up really excelling and grew so much through the year, I am so proud of him and his wonderful kindergarten teacher!

Last modified Porter Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.