Posted June 15, 2014
PRHS is a great school. It has lots of clubs, sports, and it even teaches students to drive.

Posted March 01, 2014
Great school. Great teachers that will really work to see your child excel. This school will continue to thrive for years to come.

Porter Ridge High School 4

Posted January 31, 2014
My child feels safe attending this school. He is challenged academically and is enjoying his experience at Porter Ridge High School. I am a little underwhelmed by guidance has received in regard to college path and what classes he should gear towards to meet his goals/career choice.

Posted January 28, 2014
Porter Ridge High School is an excellent school. It has numerous clubs, a hugely successful athletic program, it has a successful theater program and a very successful and active Band and Chorus (expect superior ratings in competitions). The teachers are of generally of good quality with many standing out as particularly exception. Like everywhere else though there are a few who are apathetic and under qualified in their subject (computer programming courses being a notable example). Student behavior is better than in most other high school, especially if you are coming from Mecklenburg county. We all have laptops issued to us by the county and considering that they are free of charge and we are in a public school they are rather nice and very useful. The school is technically over its planned student capacity which makes this school's district lines to be in an almost continuous state of change year after year. This is an annoyance to some parents and those who wish to attend the school you would never guess that there was a crowding problem based on class sizes. I have enjoyed my 4 years here and I can't imagine why any student or parent could ever have cause to complain.

Porter Ridge High School 3

Posted January 26, 2014
I have gone to PR all four years of high school, and I can tell you I have seen a huge change throughout the years. The school has gone completely downhill. The administration is horrible, they treat you like you worthless and like they have so much power. They also do not care at all about you. The administrations picks out their favorites and those are the only people they talk to. A lot of teachers don't even care about you, although there are some good teachers. The athletics are not good anymore like we used to be. A lot of athletes complain about the coaches and how bad they are. I would not recommend this school. There needs to be a lot of improvements in the staff and the students.

Posted December 27, 2013
I'm a senior at PRHS and I LOVE IT!! If you don't like Godspell because of its religious affiliation then here's a thought.. Don't see it!!! We have the best teachers, principle, and our theatre program is out of this world! This year our honors students made it to the state competition, and last years production of The Wizard of Oz was fantastic!!! Our band and football team is excellent.... Any student would be lucky to go to PRHS!!!!

Porter Ridge High School 2

Posted December 06, 2013
The musical for 2014 should not be allowed in a public school since it has to much to do with religon. Which should not be a part of school. And anyone who is not a Christian might get offended. The musical they chose is godspell !

Posted October 29, 2013
I am a parent of two students at porter ridge and I think it's an excellent school. The teachers and staff are great and always help with my children's needs. Porter Ridge is a great place and my two students love it, I've been very impressed.

Porter Ridge High School 3

Posted April 19, 2010
The science department at this school is lacking significantly in qualified teachers ( that are at school to teach). The students suffer tremendously because of this. I have an honors student that has had to learn at home on line because the teachers have not been around. The rest of the school seems fairly well balanced despite the extreme overcrowding which is not there fault.

Posted April 18, 2009

Porter Ridge High School
2839 Ridge Road, Indian Trail, NC  28079
Last modified Porter Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Porter Ridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.