Bad
Good

My children have had a great experience at Porter Ridge High School. Dr. Harris is a wonderful hands on principal and works well with staff, faculty, and students. In addition, the band program is terrific!

Teachers care about the students. Excellent prep for college. Great Administration. Safe school environment. We are very pleased with the education our son is receiving.

PRHS is a great school. It has lots of clubs, sports, and it even teaches students to drive.

Great school. Great teachers that will really work to see your child excel. This school will continue to thrive for years to come.

My child feels safe attending this school. He is challenged academically and is enjoying his experience at Porter Ridge High School. I am a little underwhelmed by guidance has received in regard to college path and what classes he should gear towards to meet his goals/career choice.

Porter Ridge High School is an excellent school. It has numerous clubs, a hugely successful athletic program, it has a successful theater program and a very successful and active Band and Chorus (expect superior ratings in competitions). The teachers are of generally of good quality with many standing out as particularly exception. Like everywhere else though there are a few who are apathetic and under qualified in their subject (computer programming courses being a notable example). Student behavior is better than in most other high school, especially if you are coming from Mecklenburg county. We all have laptops issued to us by the county and considering that they are free of charge and we are in a public school they are rather nice and very useful. The school is technically over its planned student capacity which makes this school's district lines to be in an almost continuous state of change year after year. This is an annoyance to some parents and those who wish to attend the school you would never guess that there was a crowding problem based on class sizes. I have enjoyed my 4 years here and I can't imagine why any student or parent could ever have cause to complain.

I have gone to PR all four years of high school, and I can tell you I have seen a huge change throughout the years. The school has gone completely downhill. The administration is horrible, they treat you like you worthless and like they have so much power. They also do not care at all about you. The administrations picks out their favorites and those are the only people they talk to. A lot of teachers don't even care about you, although there are some good teachers. The athletics are not good anymore like we used to be. A lot of athletes complain about the coaches and how bad they are. I would not recommend this school. There needs to be a lot of improvements in the staff and the students.

I'm a senior at PRHS and I LOVE IT!! If you don't like Godspell because of its religious affiliation then here's a thought.. Don't see it!!! We have the best teachers, principle, and our theatre program is out of this world! This year our honors students made it to the state competition, and last years production of The Wizard of Oz was fantastic!!! Our band and football team is excellent.... Any student would be lucky to go to PRHS!!!!

The musical for 2014 should not be allowed in a public school since it has to much to do with religon. Which should not be a part of school. And anyone who is not a Christian might get offended. The musical they chose is godspell !

I am a parent of two students at porter ridge and I think it's an excellent school. The teachers and staff are great and always help with my children's needs. Porter Ridge is a great place and my two students love it, I've been very impressed.

Last modified Porter Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.