Posted September 08, 2013
Great school for learning about the International/global market. Spanish class is provided. Robotics class is a lot of fun when we build robots out of legos. School could improve by having more men teachers than women. It could balance out the delays of female teachers being absent so much.

Posted February 13, 2013
My son is in the 5th grade this year and has been attending since the first grade. We absolutely love it! Every single teacher has been amazing and Mrs. Howard (the Principal)..well you can't ask for better than her. She is very open and willing to talk with any parent that walks through the doors & Mrs. Gardner (asst. Principal) is just as wonderful. They have a newer library, computer lap & playground. There are computers in the classroom and that doesn't include the carts of laptops provided to the kids. They have a robotics lab, spanish class, and they offer the kids different clubs to help further their academic goals. Their morning magic program is awesome. Teachers are available to the students 45 minutes before school starts for tutoring, breakfast, time in the library or computer lap, time to finish homework or whatever else is needed. The school focuses not only on academics, but making sure they help build well rounded students and kids who are excited to learn about the world around them.

Posted April 23, 2012
This is our first year at Clyde Erwin. The first thing I noticed was that every single teacher we passed in the hall during orientation and really anytime we are there always says hello and they are so friendly. My daughter has excelled here and we are grateful that our kindergartner will start here next year. I do wish the office staff was a little more lively and welcoming, but if that is the least of my concerns I think we are blessed :0)

Clyde Erwin Elementary 0

Posted May 17, 2010
I have two children currently attending CEE for their second year. We love Clyde Erwin. My children have attended 2 other Onslow county schools and this one is beyond compair thanks to a wonderful and supportive staff. They know who you are, and more importantly they know your children. When I say they I mean everyone from the principal to the amazing custodial staff. You know from day one that they are their to work for your children. The children that I see thrive there and are excited to learn. Keep up the good work!

Clyde Erwin Elementary 1

Posted March 08, 2007

Clyde Erwin Elementary 4

Posted September 22, 2006
I have 2 children at Clyde Erwin and I am totally satisfied with the quality of care and attention that they receive. Academically, I think any school is a good educational environment if the child wants to learn. There is motivation and school interaction to help the children get involved and enjoy learning. The location is a bit hard to accept as many are low income and the morality level as for home life environment of the children that attend, that is definantly in question. Overall I am pleased with my childrens academic levels.

Clyde Erwin Elementary 3

Posted September 19, 2006
Clyde Irwin is good for students that excel in school. But with my son who doesn't excel it has been one fight after another to get him the help he needs. As for the location I have never had a problem with the neighborhood.

Clyde Erwin Elementary 4

Posted August 14, 2006
I think Clyde Erwin Is a wonderful school..My son has been to four different schools in two years and this one is the best one. They took there time in helping him he was behinde when he started and they said he might get held back.. By the end of the year he was a little above grade level.. Mind you we also came from Iowa which is suppose to have a great school system which they dont... Also as for the bad area its not a bad area.. I think some people have not sen the rest of the country.. It is a great school..

Posted April 03, 2006
This is a wonderful school. My daughter transferred to this school from another local school, and the teachers made the transition really great. In the summer the school offered great activities. The school is in the middle of a neighborhood, but it's a mixed neighborhood. I've seen worse communities. There are alot of military families in this community. Overall if you want your kids to learn. This is excellent school. My daughter is in the 3rd grade reading on a 5th grader's level because the teachers saw that her reading skills were very strong and they pushed her. This school is awesome!

Posted November 03, 2005
This school is really outstanding. The principal, Mrs. Howard, has done wonders for the children and staff. The teachers, janitors and cafeteria staff all seem to take an interest in my child. I am so grateful to them for turning him around. When we first came to Jacksonville, he was mired in D's and F's with little enthusiasm for learning, but the staff at Clyde Erwin really turned him around, and now he is excelling in all areas. The people there are really a blessing.

Clyde Erwin Elementary
323 New River Drive, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified Clyde Erwin Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clyde Erwin Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.