Morton Elementary 2

Posted May 02, 2013
My son has been going to this school for 7 months now. It took us 4 months to even get a parent teacher conference and to top that off that was the first time we even meet his teachers. Even though his grades have come up and we have seen and improvement on that part. We have seen a very bad mood change in our son ever since he started this school. He has been bullied on more then one occasion. Now since he has been sticking up for him self because he the school wanted to do nothing at all, he is getting punished for it. I went to this school as a child and thought it would be a great school for my child. I am really second guessing my decision on that now. They do keep the school looking amazing and have a lot of fun raisers for the kids. My main concern is that you are not notified when your child gets in trouble, you do not have the right to be there when they are scolding as I would say your child. Which very much irritates me, I feel like I have the right to be there to defend my child or make sure he is being treated fairly. Overall we have not had a great experience with this school. I just hope next year is better and we do not have the same problems over again!

Morton Elementary 2

Posted November 07, 2012
When this year started we were very optimistic. The principal is fantastic, and the school grounds are up to date. The teacher however, we have come to find could not be worse, we will be moving mid-year and I could not be happier about that. This teacher has ruined kindergarten for my child, and I hope her attitude toward learning is not beyond repair.

Morton Elementary 4

Posted April 15, 2012
My son attends 2nd grade at Morton. So far my experience with his education has been great. My son went up more than an entire grade level in reading since he began half way through the school year. I've been impressed with my son's experience at Morton. Ihope this continues for him well into the next school year as well.

Morton Elementary 5

Posted April 19, 2011
My Sons went there when Mr. Barnes was the principal. We loved it! He was a super principal and the teachers were fantastic. It seems like the school has gone downhill since he left. How sad.

Posted March 25, 2011
We've had children at Morton for several years. I can say it started out great when we first got there but it has gone no where but down. This year (2010-2011) has been the downfall of Morton. The only plus to the school is the majority of the teachers are top notch. The failure of the school comes from the top down. If there isn't a change in "leadership" for the next school year my kids will be going to another school. MES had been a Title I school for the past couple years so I'm sure it'll be easy to have them transfer.

Morton Elementary 1

Posted February 07, 2011
If you research you will find that Morton has failed to meet the standards of learning for more than 8 years. While the staff is friendly, the students are not challenged. My daughter has an excellent teacher this year but last year was a nightmare. My child showed very little progress last year and the teacher's excuse for not grading papers or communicating with me was that grading papers was not a top priority. She also said she felt no need to continue with a child's learning skills once they met the minimum requirements! When I expressed concern, nothing was done. A neighbor has had such extensive issues with a teacher that they are moving to base housing solely as a means of pulling their son from the school since the new principle is failing to help, much the same as last year's principle did nothing for me. Other neighbors are having similar issues and our children have different teachers. Due to complete lack of teacher accountability, the number of bad teaching seeds, and the failing standards, I rate this school as poor.

Posted October 01, 2010
THis is our second and final year at Moron. Last year was A+. actually came in midyear last year. Atmosphere was like family from the first. Atmposhere this year is changed for the worse. I dont know the principal in the other posts or the new principals but change is top down and i guess they have decided to change. I cant go there without finding a new rule or reason to stop me from whatever. our teacher is great though.

Posted August 30, 2010
Already, my family is missing Mr. Barnes. There's a different feel in the air. I'm sure the new principal is fine, but Mr. Barnes was exceptional.

Morton Elementary 5

Posted April 06, 2010
I agree. Morton is a great school. Principal Barnes, the assistants, the teachers, almost all the staff, they are good people, easy to deal with, responsive. Maybe a bad apple or two, but very few. I would like the whole group to move to middle school and high school with my children.

Morton Elementary 0

Posted October 15, 2009
The students, parents, and staff at Morton Elementary School are second to none. Morton is truly a 'GreatSchool!'

Morton Elementary
485 Old 30 Road, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified Morton Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morton Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.