Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
Mrs Bell she's been the best we have ever had! :) she's caring, motivates my son! Which is difficult he has ADHD, and has had a very hard time but she's so good at making him feel like he can do anything. We're extremely grateful for her!

Northwoods Elementary 5

Posted May 05, 2016
I absolutely love my son's teacher!! Mrs. Bell 3rd grade Northwoods Elementary. She's so in tune with her class! She's caring, kind, motivates them!! :) I can't believe how blessed we have been with her. She's genuinely cares and goes the extra mile!! And actually I think she's been through alot this year in her personal life yet nothing she's been through had affected my son she's always there when he needs her! She even called me immediately after her grandmother's funeral BC she knew I was worried about Seth. We need more teachers like her and I would like to publicly commend her for an amazing job well done!! Thank you Mrs. Bell

Posted March 28, 2016
A complete rehaul of the school. The teachers care. The principal is out every morning greeting parents and students. And school test scores have improved.

Northwoods Elementary 2

Posted March 08, 2012
They go out of their way and do things that I've never seen other schools do but on the other hand the misbehaving students and their parents who don't care add to an atmosphere that is not condusive to success . The principle and staff work very hard to keep students safe and protected. I have personally seen the Principal himself as well as a good portion of staff fanning out, even crossing the street in the afternoons to asist walkers. It is actually a beautiful thing to see a staff that goes so far out of their way to get students safely on their way. On the other hand, many of the teachers are actually so run down by bad behaving students and their parents that (some of) the teachers have just given up and still some other teachers have become mean and lack any patience what so ever.The term "burned out" comes to mind. The Building itself is mostly old, dark and dank and it cooled by window A/C units. The only redeaming quality is that there are some very good teachers who care and a Principal who is clearly trying! I don't even know if you can blame all the teachers who do care but just don't know what else to do because the parents don't teach respect.

Posted April 21, 2009
My daughter is in the EC program an NWEM The EC teachers are EXCELLENT - the most caring teachers I have met!! I feel we are part of a team working together. The school has helped my daughter and our family in many ways!

Northwoods Elementary 2

Posted February 04, 2009
I would love to hear some personal stats to support your 'this is a great school and the staff are so supportive'. Trust me....I want to love this school, but I haven't encountered any evidence that can support what a 'wonderful' school NWES is. My son's 1st 1/4 at NWES he earned honor roll and not so much as even a 'I have an honor roll student at NWES' bumper sticker was awarded to him for his accomplishment! That right there shows one small way in which this school is LACKING. I am considering an out of district transfer for next year....which saddens me b/c attending the school in which he is assigned is much more convenient than arranging transportation to a better school. I will be speaking with the principal's before the year is over so they are aware of the dissatisfaction of some parents.

Northwoods Elementary 3

Posted February 03, 2009
I am not pleased with having to deal with certain issues. You stay in contact with the teachers they wait until the last minute to tell you what is actually going on with your child. You e-mail you do everything to support your childs education. They still treat you as if you are not involved. This is my childs first year it's seems forever. Not happy at all.

Posted January 15, 2009
This is a terrific school. The faculty and staff work deligently to help the students reach their potential.

Posted July 18, 2008
Our 2 kids started mid-year at Northwoods, coming from out of state. We were pleased with the attention they received from teachers and the principal. Education is clearly a top priority here at this diverse school.

Northwoods Elementary 3

Posted January 14, 2008
My chil has attended this school since first grade, I used to think it was pretty well staffed, until I actually had to deal with some very distorded issues. I guess that my esteem for this school has really gone down this year. Still I hope I am dealing with only the minority. So very disapointed.

617 Henderson Dr, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified Northwoods Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.