Posted January 15, 2014
This school is preparing my child for a career as a cashier in a local grocery store. If she is lucky, she might make assistant manager in 10 years. She might make it into college after 20 years of self-study. Do yourself a favor and find a different school if you get a chance.

Posted September 20, 2012
SO IMPRESSED with this school! Offers Spanish starting in 6th grade. Divides kids by ability level--AIG is gifted, AVID is college prep and higher-scoring kids driven toward college, and then there's the general ed. classes. ALL teachers and specialists are SO DEDICATED! Usually get a super friendly greeting every time I visit or call the school. Fantastic sports teams for 7th and 8th graders to play on, cheerleading, music programs--this school has it all! Thrilled with everyone!!

Posted May 27, 2011
Sounds exactly like the principal at Jacksonville Commons Middle School...just a few miles away. Mrs. Pylant has got to be the worst in Onslow County. My advice, move far far away and never return!

Posted March 03, 2011
I have been at Northwoods Park two times just to check on my son's progress. At a time when schools want parents to show an interest in their child's education and say they want to see parents in the schools, my experience has been just the opposite. Mrs. Fidalgo has asked the teachers to ask me to leave each time. The teachers were welcoming and aware that I would be dropping in observe my son for a short time and were more than happy for him to "show case" what he's learned. I in no way was interfering with their schedule or taking them away from their duties. Mrs. Fidalgo just wanted me gone. She doesn't even have the professionalism to tell me herself. Three days ago she was suppose to call me and discuss I suppose why I shouldn't be there. I've yet to hear from her. The teachers who work with my son are phenomenal and really love their job and their students. Mrs. Fidalgo doesn't possess enough people skills to fill a thimble. I am very much outraged with the principal's rapport and I am convinced that any good that comes from the school is due to the dedicated teachers and has very little to do with the principal's leadership.

Northwoods Park Middle 0

Posted May 10, 2010
This school is negligent in enforcing their policies and the faculty and administration are there for a paycheck. Many times I walked into the office and noone personally knew my name nor my child's name. The principal has no leadership capabilities and the students run the school.

Northwoods Park Middle 4

Posted February 25, 2010
I never agree to commit on a school, they are full of 'i do not believe thats', my experience with northwoods park middle, school the pass two(2) years has been a 'blessing' at this present time, i have been able to 'relax' not stay in the 'attack mode' just in case something goes wrong and they try to make me believe that it is my 'child's fault', not because they do not want to do anything to help.The teachers we have had are wonderful, helpful, and trusthable, something i have not been able have or believe when it came to a 'few' teachers. I will be the first to admit that my child has 'educational problems' but, need the input from the teachers, if they are willing. This we had recieved at this school and i greatly thank them and appreciate the multi-tasking that they do daily, thank you

Northwoods Park Middle 1

Posted February 10, 2010
My daughter attends this school and she does not like the programs offered. I am very disappointed in this school. I fill money, time and resources are used for the gifted children and the general education students. This school has caused my child to have anxieties and a nervous stomach. We need more qualified Teachers and more Parent participation.

Posted June 24, 2009
i love sending my child to northwoods! the teachers and staff are fantastic!! I've never known a more wonderful school :D

Northwoods Park Middle 1

Posted June 19, 2009

Posted November 21, 2008

Contact Information

904 Sioux Drive
Jacksonville, NC 28540

Northwoods Park Middle
904 Sioux Drive, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified Northwoods Park Middle is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwoods Park Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.