Posted January 23, 2013
The school is awesome! I love all of the course that the school has to offer, especially marching band! The band directors are great and I would definitely recommend attending this school, you always find people to talk to and everyone for the most part is so nice!

Posted August 26, 2012
White is the best school to go to in Jacksonville, NC. They are on top of everything, the teachers are the best. One of the teachers came to our house to tutor my son after he had surgery. The principal, guidance, nurse and teachers had a meeting to make a plan for my son before his surgery. The teachers worked hard to make sure he passed his classes, considering all the time he missed. Teachers really care about your child which is very important, its not just a job to them.

White Oak High 4

Posted December 20, 2010
White Oak is a great school all of the teachers really care and want to help the students pass and be sucessful. The marching band is a great program for the students because it shows their talents and we have so much fun with it. I am a current marching viking in my freshmen year and will be in it untilI i graduate. We have so many great traditions and are noticed all around between parades, comeptitions, and games. We also atopt-a-family at christmas which is fully student ran and we buy gifts for them so they can have something for christmas. White Oak is a great school and the band program is wonderful!!!

Posted December 04, 2009
I am a sophmore at white and honestly i don't agree with the freshman academy idea. I believe that separating the grades is a big mistake because the best way to help freshman into highschool is to let them socialize. I survived into my Sophmore year by joining the WOHS Marching Band. The Director is the Best, without him whiteoak would fail at band. Anyways the students are very accepting and you always fit in nerdy, crazy, shy or not, you always have a place. The teachers are the best around, some are funny, serious, laid back, or strict, but they are helpful and always there. I was able to call my teacher at 7 in the evening to ask for help and she did!!!!! i suggest white Oak to every high school student. excellent courses and teachers, plus extra curricular activities. And now we are going Green!!

Posted October 13, 2009
i go to this school and they help with everything, they supply transportation if you do not have a ride available, and every teacher is nice, and have taught me the best out of every teacher i have ever had

Posted September 10, 2009
WO is truly a community oriented school. The staff and students are compassionate and welcoming. Many clubs and teams perform service projects and we enjoy WO performances and athletics.

White Oak High 3

Posted September 09, 2009
White Oak has a few of the best teachers I have seen, but you only get these teachers if you know who they are and are fortunate enough to get in their classes. White Oak also has quite a few teachers that are not so good. My daughter has done fine. She takes the honors and AP classes. Although, except for AP Stats she has not been truly challenged yet. I find the new principal reasonable. The senior project is a waste of time in my eyes. I also would much rather see classes taught for 45 minutes a day. Because of the 90 minute schedule my daughter will have to give up orchestra to fit in her Engineering class and next year may not even be able to fit it in to take her foreign language. It is a safe school and the children are welcoming to new students.

Posted July 31, 2009
White Oak provides a multitude of academic courses and extracurriculars designed to meet the needs/goals of all students. The challenge our child found was how to fit in all the electives she wanted to take! She graduated this year as a NC Scholar and SAT scholar, 4 year varsity athlete and no, she is not a student who sails through classes without working hard. Appropriate homework and dedicated teachers who provided afterschool tutoring made a big difference in our daughter's success. This year's Principal (the 3rd in 3 years!) was fair and consistent. Factions of the student body/district which may have been accustomed to special treatment had to adjust to obeying the same rules as everyone else. We respect the Principal for her excellent modeling of high ideals and ethics and especially for her open door policy and the fact that she was present nearly every day.

Posted March 23, 2009
This school is very good. The teachers are great, they love their jobs and the children they teach. The only complaints I would have is that they should be able to leave campus to eat lunch and it's a little to crampt for my taste.

Posted March 07, 2009
Since Paul Wiggins left, this school has went downhill. The teachers favor certain students more than others. I hate that my brother has to attend this school for four years. The parents and students that have written past reveiws about this school were the parents of favored students or either the favored students themselves. White Oak High School is a disgrace

White Oak High
1001 Piney Green Road, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified White Oak High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Oak High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top