Posted November 27, 2013
My oldest daughter and fourth grader has been here since kindergarten and now her other siblings are in second grade and kindergarten. If I had any major issues with this school, I would have pulled her out a long time ago and wouldn't have let my other kids start here. But I love the staff and the school. I've been involved off and on with the PTO and it is not hard to get involved and be part of different aspects of the school. In fact, they warmly welcome it. Even though end of the year test scores can be better with the website only scoring it a 5, in comparison to other schools, it doesn't reflect negatively about the school as a whole. Because the school does a lot for the students and parents and make it a great environment.

Posted May 14, 2013
This is our 1st year in this school, and my son is excited to go to school every day. We have the best teachers and principal's. They are all amazing. I can't say enough about this school. My husband and I feel very blessed to be a part of a wonderful school. We have never had any problems and I would strongly recommend this school to anyone looking for a school where the teachers genuinely care about their students.

Posted March 22, 2013
Two of our children have been attending Jacksonville Commons Elementary School for the last 4 years and we have been very pleased with their progress . The principal and the staff (teachers, admin staff and janitors and cooks included) are all very welcoming and involved in the running of the school. We've been in this school from 1st grade through 5th and not once have we been disappointed with anyone. We were stationed overseas before coming to Jacksonville and one of our boys struggled with reading and math, as he had studied in a different language. He got excellent tutoring over his first summer and they have both been Honor Students since then. For more advanced students, there is an AIG Program and the school offers a lot of different activities throughout the year (chess club, battle of the book, speech contest, geography bee, odyssey of the mind, just to name a few). We are going to miss JCE as we are moving this summer. It really feels like being part of a family. We've seen kids grow, families get bigger, some left, some are new to the area. The rating on this site does not portray at all the capabilities or the potential of the school.

Posted June 24, 2012
My daughter has attended Jacksonville Commons Elementary for her last four years of Elementary school. She has done exceptionally well. All the teachers are very kind and great role models for students. The staff in the front office is very polite and welcoming when entering the school. The new principle has made a lot of positive changes for the better. We love JCES and are going to miss everyone there,since we are on the move this summer. Thanks to all teachers and staff. We will never forget.

Posted November 04, 2011
This is my son's second year at JCE. I have seen a dramatic improvement in this school from last year to this year. With a new principal came new life. He is much more involved with the students and I see his enthusiasm has sparked a renewed enthusiasm in the rest of the staff. My son started to show difficulties in reading last year in Kindergarten, and instead of telling me to wait it out they helped me get him evaluated and on an individualized education program that gives him extra attention to help him catch up with his peers before he fell to far behind. Thanks to the amazing teachers here my son is performing at grade level in reading, something I would never had guessed from where he was at mid-school yr 2010. The class sizes are also a bit smaller than many of the other school nearby since the commons is a more established neighborhood and isn't still being developed like Carolina Forest. My son as well as myself are going to miss JCE when we move in Dec. (JCE is also a title 1 school which all students whom are struggling in reading can take advantage of, this program was also a huge help for my son.)

Jacksonville Commons Elementary 3

Posted January 07, 2010
I thought we made a good choice in this school, but the score has dropped from a 7 to a 5 since the summer and this school year started. There are 4-5 classrooms for each grade in this school, I only have interaction with 1 teacher. I have been in constant contact with our 4th grade teacher to help our child transition to the new school and curriculum and do get feedback from her, although only when I ask. I joined and offered to volunteer for the PTO on a number of occasions, but I don't get any communication in return.

Posted July 25, 2009
This school is great- the teachers really care about the welfare of their students. I was very impressed with the growth that my childre made while attending this school.

Posted July 25, 2009
Both of my children attended this school. I feel that it was a wonderful experience for them. There is diversity and a common love for learning.

Posted July 16, 2009
As a parent, I really liked this school. Both my children's teachers were excellent. I could not have asked for a more caring school staff. The school is excellent at keeping the parents informed of school events and your child's progress. I was also very impressed with the AIG program this school has implemented. My children scored 4's on the End of Grade Testing and this can only be attributed to the proffesionalism and quality of the school staff.

Posted July 03, 2009

Jacksonville Commons Elementary
1121 Commons Drive North, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified Jacksonville Commons Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jacksonville Commons Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.