Bad
Good

This school refuses to enroll my 14 year old son due to his disabilities. The attorney for the school system has NO knowledge of basic human rights. MY SON HAS A RIGHT TO AN EDUCATION! If you are experiencing similar problems with this school district, please contact the new media and the Justice Department. WITH ENOUGH PRESSURE, THEY WILL HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE CONSTITUTION. We are ALL equal under the law.

This school is amazing now before you say oh no this kid joust gets babied and stuff think about ur kid u know ur kid more than teachers know that my help decide the school for 6-8th grade

Develops character: Strongly agree

It doesn't baby you like elementary school is teaches u right from wrong and there not completely mean thats not what I'm trying to spread around not all there is no one in heck that one students get bullied wide opened want to know how - students constaly walking around also , this isn't 10000000 square feet either so theres no bullying maybee ---- cyber bullying

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

tecaher sare amzing kids are ok most of the school is above average MOST not all most

I think as a child who attends this school that it is an ok school but could be better. There is bullying everywhere and teachers can become very hypocritical. The lunches are terrible about 70% of the time and if I could bring a home lunch I definitely would. Also with EOGs around the corner I feel a little unprepared. Although I feel like Mrs.Cassidy (the principle) is striving to make this a better school.

This school definitely has some growing to do. Middle school years are tough. The school is working to reduce bullying but the deck is stacked here. There are some families that are dealing with socio-economic issues that are very challenging for middle school age children. This school has very poor testing scores and the teachers work very hard to inspire their students.They are structured, motivated, creative, and intentional. I do not see them being complacent. I see them working with my child who I love dearly but he is LAZY. I love powerschool.com. My son's progress is sent to me daily. You have to go into the school to do so.. If your child is in middle school, children need closer supervision and this is a fairly large middle school with the issues that can accompany schools this size. IMHO, stay engaged and active in your child's academic progress. HCMS is sort of the "Little Engine That Could," but does not believe it yet. The "kiss-and-go" is equal to New Bridge Middle but parent engagement is very low. The kids need/crave, "You are not a baby anymore but I am still here if there is a problem." How well do kids in sports do when their parents never show?

I would not recommend this school. The teachers and staff are not helpful and the AVID program is HORRIBLE it is supposed to help you all they do is give you extra work and less time to do it but the good thing about it is you are more likely to get into colledge . Being an AVID student myself I know how it feels my teacher picks favorites and I was not a favorite and it did not feel good.Some of my friends agree that the teacher picks favorites. However, the Band program is AMAZING in my opinion. The director is very nice and helpful. Also, my teacher gave out the good awards to the favorites. For example, my teacher gave this kid the best soccer player award and gave someone else the"Most Reflections" award and I got the "Slowest Writer" award. The school is also filled with bullies and just people who are just straight up mean. I have never been bullied before but people mess with me and steal food from my lunchbox and other things from me and are mean to me sometimes. That's the reason why I am not fond of this school. On the bright side, I am moving this summer and I am EXTREMELY happy I don't have to go back to that HORRID place ever again.

RUN AWAY! Do NOT let your children attend this school! This is the WORST school by far! The teachers and faculty are lazy. Children deal with bullies and sexual harassment everyday. Teachers just turn the other cheek, even when a child cries out for help. They are quick to let the bullies walk away, but punish the student that was being bullied/sexually harassed! It's like the children are running the school. Absolutely INSANE!

This is the worse school my children have ever attended. My son was beating up by four students. The juvenile department did not take this to court. He now cant sleep, had anxiety due to this horrible experience. The principals are not very helpful. They just want to keep the situation hush hush. His face arms and legs were bruised. It is unbelievable that this can occur. A parent can not be at peace while your child is in this school I rate it as despicable and a disgrace

I'm on my 2nd child at HCMS. The band is great and the extra-curricular academics is excellent! The problem I have with this institution is bullying. Some of the teachers and especially the assistant pricipal tend to look the other way when this happens. My son has given OSS for trying to stand up for himself when the teachers wouldn't. The assistant pricipal was ready to send him to juvenile court, not the bully, but the one being picked on. In my opinion this school has a long way to go before I would be ready to give them a higher rating.

Last modified Hunters Creek Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.