Hunters Creek Middle 3

Posted June 01, 2014
I think as a child who attends this school that it is an ok school but could be better. There is bullying everywhere and teachers can become very hypocritical. The lunches are terrible about 70% of the time and if I could bring a home lunch I definitely would. Also with EOGs around the corner I feel a little unprepared. Although I feel like Mrs.Cassidy (the principle) is striving to make this a better school.

Hunters Creek Middle 3

Posted May 14, 2014
This school definitely has some growing to do. Middle school years are tough. The school is working to reduce bullying but the deck is stacked here. There are some families that are dealing with socio-economic issues that are very challenging for middle school age children. This school has very poor testing scores and the teachers work very hard to inspire their students.They are structured, motivated, creative, and intentional. I do not see them being complacent. I see them working with my child who I love dearly but he is LAZY. I love powerschool.com. My son's progress is sent to me daily. You have to go into the school to do so.. If your child is in middle school, children need closer supervision and this is a fairly large middle school with the issues that can accompany schools this size. IMHO, stay engaged and active in your child's academic progress. HCMS is sort of the "Little Engine That Could," but does not believe it yet. The "kiss-and-go" is equal to New Bridge Middle but parent engagement is very low. The kids need/crave, "You are not a baby anymore but I am still here if there is a problem." How well do kids in sports do when their parents never show?

Hunters Creek Middle 2

Posted June 17, 2013
I would not recommend this school. The teachers and staff are not helpful and the AVID program is HORRIBLE it is supposed to help you all they do is give you extra work and less time to do it but the good thing about it is you are more likely to get into colledge . Being an AVID student myself I know how it feels my teacher picks favorites and I was not a favorite and it did not feel good.Some of my friends agree that the teacher picks favorites. However, the Band program is AMAZING in my opinion. The director is very nice and helpful. Also, my teacher gave out the good awards to the favorites. For example, my teacher gave this kid the best soccer player award and gave someone else the"Most Reflections" award and I got the "Slowest Writer" award. The school is also filled with bullies and just people who are just straight up mean. I have never been bullied before but people mess with me and steal food from my lunchbox and other things from me and are mean to me sometimes. That's the reason why I am not fond of this school. On the bright side, I am moving this summer and I am EXTREMELY happy I don't have to go back to that HORRID place ever again.

Hunters Creek Middle 1

Posted March 28, 2013
RUN AWAY! Do NOT let your children attend this school! This is the WORST school by far! The teachers and faculty are lazy. Children deal with bullies and sexual harassment everyday. Teachers just turn the other cheek, even when a child cries out for help. They are quick to let the bullies walk away, but punish the student that was being bullied/sexually harassed! It's like the children are running the school. Absolutely INSANE!

Hunters Creek Middle 1

Posted November 01, 2011
This is the worse school my children have ever attended. My son was beating up by four students. The juvenile department did not take this to court. He now cant sleep, had anxiety due to this horrible experience. The principals are not very helpful. They just want to keep the situation hush hush. His face arms and legs were bruised. It is unbelievable that this can occur. A parent can not be at peace while your child is in this school I rate it as despicable and a disgrace

Hunters Creek Middle 2

Posted April 13, 2010
I'm on my 2nd child at HCMS. The band is great and the extra-curricular academics is excellent! The problem I have with this institution is bullying. Some of the teachers and especially the assistant pricipal tend to look the other way when this happens. My son has given OSS for trying to stand up for himself when the teachers wouldn't. The assistant pricipal was ready to send him to juvenile court, not the bully, but the one being picked on. In my opinion this school has a long way to go before I would be ready to give them a higher rating.

Hunters Creek Middle 5

Posted December 15, 2009

Hunters Creek Middle 5

Posted December 13, 2009

Hunters Creek Middle 4

Posted December 04, 2009
i went to that school for my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade years. Though I came from a different elementary school than all of the other students, i felt like my teachers really cared about me. They really helped me feel comfortable in a totally different environment. I think that the teachers have very high standards for their students and will help them achieve that goal. The Band is amazing. The director is very effective in helping the students learn their instrument. If any students want to join band i would highly recommend Hunters Creek. I have read other comments about the schools students and grades and i would like to address these. When i was at HCMS i noticed that it was only the student's determination to do the work that really put them behind. I believe, through experience, that the Arts are a great way to improve confidence.

Hunters Creek Middle 0

Posted October 15, 2009
I think hunters creek is a fine civilization. We as parents should appreciate this excellent institution. I have great pleasure to send my child off to school. All of this nonsense about how this wonderful middle school isnt so wonderful is nonsense. Please take my advice and you'll enjoy this educational organization as much as I have. Have a GREAT DAY!

Hunters Creek Middle
4040 Hunters Trail, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified Hunters Creek Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunters Creek Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.