Posted May 31, 2014
The teachers and staff are awesome! The principal shows preferential treatment and is hyper-focused on bullying. She also speaks condescendingly to the students. Both my kids (who are normal/average kids) have loved their teachers but can't stand the current principal.

Posted November 19, 2013
This school has been wonderful for my child. I firmly believe it takes parents along with the school to help their child. So instead of bashing a school find a way to be a help. I love this school and I am fortunate for my son to have a great experience

Hunters Creek Elementary 2

Posted July 18, 2011
My child went here for a very short period of time. I was very upset with the lack of work she had. The 2nd grade is on a very low reading level. I know if she had went there any longer she would have fell behind at other schools. Positive - The library was nice. The teacher was pretty nice, the teachers helper (who I think was with the kids more) was not nice at all.

Hunters Creek Elementary 5

Posted July 29, 2009
We are a military familiy and moved here last year. My daughter was in 2nd grade and had a wonderful teacher. She also loved the art, music and PE teachers too. Next year my son join his big sister as he will be in kindergarten ! We have been very happy with this school. Mrs Dyer is a great principal and was 2009 Wachovia Principal of the Year !

Hunters Creek Elementary 1

Posted July 03, 2009

Posted May 24, 2009
I think it is quite funny when a parent comes on here and bashes a school, and the parent has tons of grammatical errors and spelling errors. The review from May 30th 2008 is a great example. This parent obviously has some educational issues themselves, and those issues probably carried over to their child. This is probably a case of the parent expecting the staff to do more for their child when they probably arent helping enough at home. It is hard enough for teachers to help students who have educated parents, but even harder to teach a child with a parent who has educational problems themselves. Harsh I know, but very true!!!

Posted March 25, 2009

Posted January 11, 2009
I am a classroom teacher and I was sad to read some of the reviews listed on this site. In my years of teaching I have noticed a direct correlation between parents who are active in their child's learning and communicate with me about there child's learning and the child and parents like for school. Usually the parents who do not like the school for whatever reasons have children who misbehave in class and the parents always believe someone else is making their child misbehave. I am aware there will be problems in any school but please remember in a public elementary school every child attends whether they are high, medium or low academically, well behaved or are severe disruptive. I did not become a teacher because I don't like children or want to be mean to them. Most teachers work hard in ensuring the educational needs of our students.

Posted May 30, 2008
Worst school ever, My child is in the 5th grade and has been to two other schools. We are Military, and HUNTERS CREEK ELEMENTARY is the worst by far. Teachers seem not to care, and the teachers take sides, insead of making childeren feel equal. This school is a joke. I pray everyday that the good Lord above will work miricals on the teachers and staff at this school.

Hunters Creek Elementary 5

Posted January 08, 2008

Contact Information

3450 Hunters Trail
Jacksonville, NC 28546

School website

Hunters Creek Elementary
3450 Hunters Trail, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified Hunters Creek Elementary is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunters Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.