Bad
Good

Posted April 17, 2015
We are now over half way through our second year at this school. This year is worse than last year. The only thing positive I have to say is that the teachers do a pretty good job replying to emails. Other than that the school is still a mess. I have a child in elementary school. When a 4th graders and 7th grader are doing the exact same assignments that is a major problem. The only goal this school seems to have is making sure the kids pass their class and become someone else'so problem. I have yet to come across a teacher who has done anymore than just that. Even the guidance counselor's aren't willing to spend time speaking with parents and teachers to make sure the kids are getting the help they need. Knowing that these kids won't be prepared for high school is a scary thought. The county should be ashamed of themselves for allowing a school to bring down our kids like this.

Posted January 21, 2015
this school is horrible. i have been here scene 6th grade and ever sense i came here i have seen that the teachers pick who they want to get on about everything and get them in trouble at the beginning of the year. this school need to update EVERYTHING these computers are older than me by like 10 years and also get ride of these teachers that cant teach and all they care about if getting students in trouble. to all the people looking at this right now don't go to this school it literally stresses you out

Jacksonville Commons Middle 4

Posted February 04, 2014
I would like to say that my son had a so so start at first but that could have been normal middle school transition. He is in seventh grade this year and truely loves his classes. The school offeres many rigors classes that other schools do no offer. He has a great relationship with his teachers and feels safe and supported at school.

Posted November 14, 2013
The school board or state needs to do a complete review of the procedures in this school. I have never seen anything like it. Most schools love when parents are involved in their child's education this school not only doesn't give out information but they ignore you as well. Teachers do not respond to emails or take weeks to respond when you inquire about challenges your child is having. Not just one teacher...many teachers. This is highly unacceptable especially when a child is having trouble in class.

Posted May 20, 2013
Thank the lord for my child getting into New Bridge Magnet school! I wish I would have known about magnet schools before I moved here because I would have tried to get them into Clyde Erwin.

Posted May 19, 2013
This school is terrible. I would imagine this is what prison would be like.Also I'm fairly sure most computers are older than me.I made this review since there are no recent ones. Update: Nothing has changed.

Jacksonville Commons Middle 4

Posted August 17, 2012
Just moved here from out of state and my kid received a wonderful welcome from the teachers and staff. I haven't had any issues with staff .

Posted July 27, 2012
If you can avoid sending your child here, plese do. There are some good teachers, but they will not stay long. they cannot be good teachers in thsis environement. The administration will say whatever they think you want to hear, and do nothing. If your child is a strogn student they will be bullied and no one will care or they will say your child participated. If you child struggles academically, they blame it on behavior. Children are treated like little criminals with more rules than I could remember. There is no positive reinforcement for good choices and the kids feed off the negative energy. My son had no Science or History homework because they were not allowed to bring books home and the teachers are not allowed to make copies or print wokr sheets due to the cost of ink and paper. You cannot make this stuff up.

Posted May 28, 2011
Dito! Honestly...I too have had such a negative experience that I just want to move as far as possible from this area. My mind has already been made up due to the defective system I've been exposed to. It is sad and I honestly don't know if it'll ever change here. Sounds like New Bridge gets the best of the best students there unlike the ones were're forced to deal with on a daily basis. I just can't teach here because the second I try to help one student out who wants to learn, others start screwing around in the classroom within seconds. Basically it's just babysitting and the students who suffer are the ones who actually want to learn. Our system is dumbed down to the lowest 25% of students just to pass them. Then there's a huge lack of support from parents. Some haven't even shown up for conferences yet even though I've sent home letters, packets, made phone calls, etc. Most of the time parents just schedule and then cancel and never bother to sign up for another one until we call them and then it's just more of the same. I'm sure the good students here at JCMS tried to get into New Bridge but weren't lucky enough to get picked by the lottery system. I almost can guarantee it.

Posted May 27, 2011
Honestly, DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT think you can come here and turn anything around. The system is defective, and by defective I mean the administration is one of the worst in the state if not the nation. The teachers here try to do the best they can within the limits of a broken system. And the sad part is the kids pay the price. The students here learn terrible examples because there is a TOTAL lack of authority and they will test every limit...and they usually get away with it because administration just says don't do it again. So when these same students mess up again do you think they get in trouble, nope, just another slap on the wrist and another verbal warning. It's pretty sad when after a year or two teaching here you realize it's hopeless and just want out.

Jacksonville Commons Middle
315 Commons Dr South, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified Jacksonville Commons Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.