Jacksonville, NC

New Bridge Middle 1

Posted August 25, 2015
Dr Barnes does not know the policy and procedures of Onslow County school Punishments unfair and unjust. Very disappointed in this school Teachers do not treat all students the same.

Posted July 30, 2015
6 things I loved about Newbridge. 1. Crossing Carolina last Spring. We went across the state for 3 days. It was a lot of fun. The teachers and parents and Mrs. Marangi on the trip were pretty cool. Only negative was having seperate boys and girls bus and the G movies were dumb. Biltmore, the Zoo, science show at UNC and the lazer tag were my favs. 2. I got the leadership award and principals award from dr. Barns for being on principals list every time. I also got social studies award at the awards ceremony. It was cool. The 'rents and grand 'rents were at awards being real proud of me. They made it like Oscar night for awards. 3. I loved the science lab bus and DNA lab last year. We made necklaces with our own DNA in it that we spun out. It was gross and cool. Mrs. Anderson wouldnt let us swap but it was still fun. 4. I was on the OM team and we went to national/world competition cause we placed first at states. First time I flew in a plane and it was with my teachers. I didn't like staying at the college. Wish we had hotels instead. 5. Robots! Need I say more? 6. Kissick's English 9 class. I am going to Northside with 3 high school credits already. That's on point. Now I have room in my schedule for more AP course when I am a senior.

New Bridge Middle
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 30, 2015
caring teachers and staff make it happen every day of the school year. New Bridge is second to none.

Posted July 30, 2015
From my child's 6th grade teachers to the counselors to Principal Barnes, all the staff members did so much to make "our" first year in middle school a quality experience. I recommend New Bridge to anyone who cares about getting their kids a quality public education.

Posted November 24, 2014
Only Half way thru 8th grade but stumbled on website so thought better to comment now than not at all. My daughter here all 3 years. We are a military family living off base and even with a move from Jax to Swansboro at end 7th we stayed put at nbms. Hub bus system has worked very well even though it can be a long ride my child enjoys the social time. Dr Chris Barnes is a dream principal - easy to talk to, sincere and takes action. Uniforms are loved by all and code simple to follow. Not looking forward to expense of regular wardrobe shopping for high school... Teaching staff exemplary, homework level appropriate, numerous quality field trips beyond measure. These kids are spoiled compared to many other middle schools in county. Very very few discipline problems. There has been only two major type issues and I doubt most kids were even aware they happened because they were dealt with appropriately and swiftly. This school caters to advanced students - but there is something for everyone at any level. Absolutely would do it again. Don't miss the winter deadline in 5th grade to apply thru the online lottery system and then pray you get the opportunity!

Posted May 20, 2014
My daughter is finishing up her 8th grade year at NBMS. I am sad to see her leave. It has been a rewarding experience for her and I consider it a great honor for her to be apart of such a fantastic school! My son attended NBMS also and excelled among his peers at his high school. They were far behind him academically. He is now a sophomore in college and owes so much to the education he received at NBMS. I cannot find anything negative to say of the staff and administration. I wish there was a NBMS high school! So glad I submitted those applications for my children. LOVE NBMS!

Posted October 26, 2013
My son is currently in the 6th grade and all of us truly enjoy the school. The first nine weeks are almost over and he still goes on about how much he loves middle school. He has been offered tutoring when struggling and pulled a math grade from a C to an A. Thank you to Mrs. St. Andrews! They are doing a great job at teaching the kids responsibility and accountability. Like skills they will need outside of the classroom. Spirit week, fun runs, and Halloween dances are thrown in to help keep the atmosphere fun. The school is older and it's evident when you walk in, but it has a very traditional, small town, and family like feel to it. Officer Davis is in the school every day and interacts with the students and parents on a daily basis. This brings a comforting sense of security to my mind. We are very blessed to have the opportunity to attend New Bridge and are very hopeful the positiveness continues.

New Bridge Middle 1

Posted August 28, 2013
My son would be very excited at the beginning of school anticipating all the different assignments and experiments the teachers had raved about but a month or so into the school year some of his teachers would be demoralized and simply handed out worksheets for the students to work on. This was explained away as"some of you were acting up therefore I am taking away the fun stuff from all of you" kind of thing. My son rapidly lost interest in his school activities as you can imagine. Also academics doesn't seem to be honored here. They have an award ceremony with clubs/athletics primarily receiving awards while academic awards are hurriedly passed out at the very end of the night when they didn't even have any actual awards left to give as they had already been given to the club/athletics people. I questioned the administration and was told that high school is where the academics is honored and they thought time was better spent honoring the others who wouldn't rate then.I thought school was primarily about academics and learning achievements but the message is clear here: be popular, be athletic, participate fully in extracurriculars and you are the perfect NB Bear!

Posted June 09, 2013
My child is leaving the 8th grade in a few days and is so prepared for high school. We considered home school three years ago, thank goodness we made the decision to go to Newbridge. They are serious about school and serious about getting our kids ready for high school. When they call home about issues, they mean business. I was always able to stand behind the decisions of the principals and teachers. We love Newbridge!

Posted October 18, 2012
My son gets in the car after school each day and tells me why he loves his school. He has never done this before this year. I am impressed with New Bridge.

New Bridge Middle
401 New Bridge Street, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified New Bridge Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Bridge Middle Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top