Posted May 20, 2014
My daughter is finishing up her 8th grade year at NBMS. I am sad to see her leave. It has been a rewarding experience for her and I consider it a great honor for her to be apart of such a fantastic school! My son attended NBMS also and excelled among his peers at his high school. They were far behind him academically. He is now a sophomore in college and owes so much to the education he received at NBMS. I cannot find anything negative to say of the staff and administration. I wish there was a NBMS high school! So glad I submitted those applications for my children. LOVE NBMS!

Posted October 26, 2013
My son is currently in the 6th grade and all of us truly enjoy the school. The first nine weeks are almost over and he still goes on about how much he loves middle school. He has been offered tutoring when struggling and pulled a math grade from a C to an A. Thank you to Mrs. St. Andrews! They are doing a great job at teaching the kids responsibility and accountability. Like skills they will need outside of the classroom. Spirit week, fun runs, and Halloween dances are thrown in to help keep the atmosphere fun. The school is older and it's evident when you walk in, but it has a very traditional, small town, and family like feel to it. Officer Davis is in the school every day and interacts with the students and parents on a daily basis. This brings a comforting sense of security to my mind. We are very blessed to have the opportunity to attend New Bridge and are very hopeful the positiveness continues.

New Bridge Middle 1

Posted August 28, 2013
My son would be very excited at the beginning of school anticipating all the different assignments and experiments the teachers had raved about but a month or so into the school year some of his teachers would be demoralized and simply handed out worksheets for the students to work on. This was explained away as"some of you were acting up therefore I am taking away the fun stuff from all of you" kind of thing. My son rapidly lost interest in his school activities as you can imagine. Also academics doesn't seem to be honored here. They have an award ceremony with clubs/athletics primarily receiving awards while academic awards are hurriedly passed out at the very end of the night when they didn't even have any actual awards left to give as they had already been given to the club/athletics people. I questioned the administration and was told that high school is where the academics is honored and they thought time was better spent honoring the others who wouldn't rate then.I thought school was primarily about academics and learning achievements but the message is clear here: be popular, be athletic, participate fully in extracurriculars and you are the perfect NB Bear!

Posted June 09, 2013
My child is leaving the 8th grade in a few days and is so prepared for high school. We considered home school three years ago, thank goodness we made the decision to go to Newbridge. They are serious about school and serious about getting our kids ready for high school. When they call home about issues, they mean business. I was always able to stand behind the decisions of the principals and teachers. We love Newbridge!

Posted October 18, 2012
My son gets in the car after school each day and tells me why he loves his school. He has never done this before this year. I am impressed with New Bridge.

Posted October 04, 2012
I went in to talk with the principal Dr. Barnes today about an issue with my son. He was responsive, professional and knew what he was talking about. He also connected me to the counselor Mrs. Bidner. She too was very helpful. As a parent I felt welcome and my student is well served at New Bridge school.

Posted August 26, 2012
Our son will start 7th grade this year. The only problem with the school is that our daughter will be in 6th grade when he goes to 9th grade and they don't honor "legacy" so we will have to take our chances to get in with the lottery again. We couldnt be happier with the school. The teachers and principal communicate, they are approachable, and they have high standards.

Posted May 10, 2011
Hands down the best middle school in the Jacksonville, NC area. Here, the students actually care (because they're the best the area's got to offer) and if they slip up here, they'll be sent off to one of the other schools like Jacksonville Commons where that school will be forced to deal with all the "problematic" kids. There is structure and administration with a backbone in place here...basically, if you can get in (there is limited space)...do it! I am an ex-teacher from this area and know what I'm talking about. The location may be in an older part of the city, but unlike JCMS (which looks new), this school's cover cannot be judged by the outside appearance. A 5 star school...at least for the state of NC.

Posted July 17, 2010
Compared to all of the middle schools in the Jacksonville area we were fortunate (lucky) to have our child attend New Bridge for his 7th and 8th grade. The teachers were very involved and helpful when it comes to parent and teacher communication. Having that one on one communication with the teacher via email was important. Our child was both challenged and given the opportunity to express his points of view. The teacher to student ratio was about 15 to 20. All of the teachers and staff were very helpful. The students had great camaraderie.

New Bridge Middle 0

Posted September 02, 2009
New Bridge is a great school, with wonderful caring teachers. My only complaint is the projects! It is the 2nd week of school and my daughter has already had 2 projects due this week. I beleive that the kids can learn the same material w/o all the projects. However I will try to get my son in when he gets old enough. :-)

New Bridge Middle
401 New Bridge Street, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified New Bridge Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Bridge Middle Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top