Jacksonville, NC

Posted December 05, 2014
I have a hard with some of the inaccurate statements below, while there definitely is a huge disconnect there are some good things. My son is extremely happy with his Spanish and Science teacher. He said that the Spanish teacher actually is helping them this year learn Spanish and Science teacher has them doing projects and experiments and the class is fun. Based on last year I would take this as success. I do have an issue with him telling me on Saturday that he now has to wear pants and not shorts, I checked the handbook and this dumb policy is still there. It was 70 degrees when he wore the slacks on Monday, it was in the 40's a few weeks prior and I had no problem sending him in proper clothes. I do like the uniforms but don't need a principal or teacher telling me when to wear pants or shorts. Next thing there will be a policy telling me when to put him to bed. I think the school can find other things to spend their time on like communicating with parents besides school speak. I will agree you NEVER get the same message if there is one and they generally aren't timely.

Posted November 12, 2014
My children attends this school and enjoy their friends. Unfortunately, while at a soccer game some parents were talking and verified things I have heard. There is a huge gap between the parents and administration, they use this thing schoolspeak which is good for homework. I agree with the parents all sense of communication is gone. Last week a gift wrapping package came home, no information where the money was being spent. This year is worse than last for communication, I have several children in the school and have yet to get the same message (must less timely) from the teachers. I don't blame them am sure they are micro-managed liked everyone else. As a parent I can understand why no one wants to volunteer. While I know this is soccer field talk this happened with previous administrations and it panned out. I have been in the school several times only to hear administration and staff talking loudly about people. I wonder how secure my children's information. I am grateful that all my children attend Mass. I would like to continue for my children to attend next year, but if these parents are right about her treatment of parents and staff can't happen, this is not public school.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 1

Posted September 18, 2014
I've had friends leave for similar reasons. Supplies are OLD, academic curriculum was low, unfriendly staff. We were open minded and patient with all these issues as a new Principal came in. I wish I had followed my gut and listened to the reviews. In the morning the kids attend the front lobby for what they label as PRAYER. They are told to be "Solemn", saying "God Bless You" ( in lieu of the child's name) the song has to be sung quietly, no clapping or excitement. They have to circle around her, in a robot manner saying "goood mooorning Mzzz Cuuupsta, Thaaaaaank Yooooou Mzzzzzzz Cupsta". No excitement is allowed. It's pretty creepy. That's not a place I want my child. I want my child to be in a pleasant HAPPY learning environment. My kids loathed going. Other kids claimed they were using food for punishment/taking away outside time, getting SNATCHED up by their arm for unjust cause, coming home with unexplained bruising. Please don't start bashing on my opinion as it is MY OPINION and EXPERIENCE (good or bad). Good luck in your search for a school. Take Care.
5 people found this helpful

Posted September 12, 2014
As a parent of several children in the school I find the recent comment a bit skewed. Apparently they didn't have children in the school last year. My children actually enjoy going to the school this year for the exact opposite of what was written. The hiring of many positive teachers along with a new principal that is advancing my children's education is a breath of fresh air. Yes the so called admin assistants are stilling in every bodies business but you can't change everyone. The school basically seems to have injected new life and has a much better overall attitude towards everyone. The principal when I have spoken to her truly is concerned about education and the faith of the children. Unfortunately she can't be everywhere or join the little groups that feel it necessary to be the problem vs part of the solution. It is easy to criticize, now I wonder how that is Christ like in all we do!! As for the admin assistants I am sure the principal will get a handle on this or make the necessary changes. Keep up the good work as my children enjoy the school and the positive changes.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 5

Posted March 20, 2014
I went the great schools actually looking for high schools and decided to see about our school. Last night I attended a meeting with two presenters. I found both of them to be very professional and informative. However, there were 2 ladies and a husband and his wife (I believe) that were rude, unprofessional and mean spirited. I would have to assume that the lady speaking about the trip was back by the principal. I don't know the individual that they were tearing apart, I stayed afterwards and was told he is one of the biggest supporters of the parish and school. I was told that the person these folks were assailing probably volunteers more than all three of the them together. As a grandparent I confused about the lack of Christian behavior. Somebody told me that the person that was being ripped apart that his child was there. Really professional and these are the kind of people I want in charge of my grandchild on a trip. I think they owe the teacher and child an apology. My grandchild loves this school but like below maybe a cast change of some parents is needed. I hope the principal keeps things going and hope I find the person they were tearing about to thank him for his work.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 5

Posted February 13, 2014
Just excellent! My son goes to this school so this is a current review with the new principal. I can't speak highly enough of our experience at IOP. My son's teachers are incredibly compassionate and caring and take the time to really know him. I feel this is the best education he has received (we moved from a previous school due to military). The Catholic teachings have been superior, and my son actually encourages ME to attend Mass more and read the Bible at night. Not even kidding. He loves it there. He feels cared for, and he is, and is thriving in his education. I have nothing negative to say about this school, Parish, or staff. Everyone is very kind here and I feel so blessed we can be a part of this school.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 1

Posted February 11, 2014
Discipline at this school is severely lacking. After being called to pick up our child from this school multiple times for "behavior issues", we transferred our child(ren) to public school. We had a conference with the public school principal, social worker, and other support staff regarding our child's IEP. We have had no behavior issues with our child(ren) since making the switch to the public school. The academics are more challenging and better suited to their grade levels than they were at IOP. We do miss the daily religious education, but with weekly religious education class and home teachings, and regular mass attendance, our children are doing well. If you are looking for a school that teaches the whole child, academically and socially/emotionally, I would not recommend this private institution. The SLP (silent lunch program) is also not an effective means of discipline. The public school is much more suited to teaching social skills such as self control, conflict resolution, coping skills, and bullying prevention, helping children grow into more well-developed students.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 11, 2014
I would like to respond to the previous two posts: First of all, I am sure the people who visit this site looking for information will see clearly the last two posts involve personal issues. All points are not proven facts except the sentence regarding the lack of a science teacher at this current time. The "petition" story is hearsay, misquoted from a child. Children often misquote and misunderstand larger contextual issues. The petition was NOT started by a teacher-I know this personally as I have middle school children and the school squashed any notion immediately. Regarding teachers running principals away...Again, yet another example of a personal squabble between parents and further illustrates the parent's blatant ignorance of the overall involvement of the teachers at IOP. I simply cannot believe a parent would not know if their child was or was not taught science. I implore the previous two parents who posted such incendiary comments get involved and volunteer with your child's teacher. See for yourself how involved these superlative, dedicated instructors are with YOUR child...OUR FUTURE...I am very happy with my children's teachers and the school overall.

Posted January 07, 2014
The middle school now has no science class taught by a science teacher. Previously science was being taught. The 4th, 5th, and 6th grade were combined for their daily science class and the 7th and 8th grade had separate 45 minute classes daily. They now have the social studies and language arts and math teachers integrating science into their classes. There is now no science class with a period of its own. This is supposed to only be until next year when the school should hire a science teacher. All classes are now an hour long instead of 45 minutes so the language arts and social studies and math teachers' extra fifteen minutes of time per period are to be dedicated to science.

Posted December 20, 2013
Yesterday my children were asked to sign a petition against a new schedule. When I asked who told them they said a teacher REALLY!. I guess times have changed now when teachers that may not like doing something they have the kids start a petition. This is really nice leadership in a private school environment. It seems that for the first time in the last 2-3 years that the teachers are being given some lesson directions that benefit the kids besides smart boards. It appears that no matter what principal is leading faculty finds it necessary to be non-supportive as shown trying to have my children sign a petition. I was told by another parent that Science isn't going to be taught, I went directly to the principal and actually found out my children weren't receiving science anyway and now they would by adding 15 minutes more instructional time. What a novel idea instructional time for students which is what I am paying for, my children to learn. I think instead of changing principals so much from being run out by some faculty maybe the faculty should evaluate whether they can fit in or move on. So far it appears that the new principal is about the children again what a novel idea.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School
501 Bordeaux Street, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified Infant Of Prague Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Infant Of Prague Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top