Jacksonville, NC

Posted April 29, 2015
I have attended Infant of Prague Catholic School since first grade. I am now in the 8th grade graduating class of 2015. As I reflect back on my years at IOP I have nothing but positive memories. The teachers/staff are amazing. IOP feels like an extension of my family. I have enjoyed attending this school & will miss the people at IOP but feel I am well prepared for the future. IOP has helped me grow academically, spiritually & socially. It has been both challenging & rewarding. The students are held accountable for their actions. IOP has helped me prepare for the upcoming future of high school. I have grown up at this school and I am glad I did. I feel very fortunate that my parents allowed me to have this wonderful opportunity. I am proud to be an upcoming graduate of IOP and truly feel it is one of the best programs out there! Brandon Brooks Class 2015
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 19, 2015
My children enjoy the school once one figures out who teacher is for the day with so much turnover. I think before slamming a school like New Bridge (sounds like a faculty members writing) one should think hard. For the record not only IOP have my children so did New Bridge. The one thing the principal and assistants were always professional not like our leadership that I had two dealings with. The PTO was a true parent organization that solicited parents and had folks willing to volunteer, again can't say that here, not one parent meeting all decisions appear chosen by handful of staff and of the leader. I kept my children here for the religion based on behavior, lack of Christian behavior and leadership I may apply for New Bridge when eligible if not tranferred, it's a shame no one sees beyond the phoney actions and smiles, my family doesn't worry about a school having a curve, I am grades have curved here. The tuition isn't an issue except we shouldn't pay this much to be talked down to, my family also doesn't volunteer one chastising was enough, go ahead do it your way. My children will finish the year and we decide on next year once we see who the players will be.
8 people found this helpful

Posted April 07, 2015
As a mom of 3 kids at IOPCS for many years... IOP is a great school with awesome teachers & staff. The students & staff excel in all they do. My kids love going to school & are in a safe & caring environment. The kids are held to high academic & moral standards. High grades are earned not just given out. They are not only challenged with individualized teaching plans, they also learn the value of being "Christ like in all they do." This school is a true blessing. Yes, the building is old but we consider it a "diamond in the ruff." My kids have great pride in their school & it feels like an extension of our family. You can always see the principal hard at work at school functions. Info. is posted online , church bulletin and also flyers sent home. It would be great to see ALL the parents work to build the school up not just complain online & at the soccer fields. Parents should also check out the NC Schools Report Card for the public schools latest report. This is what people should be complaining about. Some of the so called best schools such as New Bridge have a C, (with a curve) because it was the 1st year for the new higher state standards!
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 07, 2015
The hi g h standards are one thing which should include professional behavior by the principal and assistants. My question to all these reviews is everyone paying full tuition or getting assistance or a free ride. While not my concern that belongs to the powers to be but I pay full tuition for two and should have a say how the money raised is spent instead of being told that a handful of parents and leadership decided. I thought PTO had input, wait we have to have a meeting. This school had a lot of potential at one time, but the community of togetherness is only in a handful of folks. I do agree that the Christ like in all we do slogan is gone, instead it appears to be replaced by bitterness and agree everyone seems to want and one up the next person. True leadership generally is above it but evidence shows differently. The parish/school I came from a couple of years worked like a well oiled machine and guess what, low turnover and a wait list. Go to a birthday party or soccer field and I think it tightrope some eyes did for me at my kids soccer game.
12 people found this helpful

Posted April 04, 2015
Myself and my children LOVE Infant of Prague Catholic School. My children have attended for 7 years. They enjoy school and are thriving academically/socially. IOP holds the children and staff to high standards. This is one of the many reasons my children attend. They not only set high standards academically, but morally too. I have children that have graduated from IOP and excelled in high school both academically & socially. It saddens me to read the bashing of the school with the online rants. Yes it is not perfect but the principal, teachers and pastor want nothing but the best for the children. Just because you pay tuition does not mean you get to run the school. The previous negative comments stated they stopped volunteering because they didn't like to be told what to do or the tone of the principal. It is the principals job to hold the school, teachers & children to high standards. The best way to truly see the beauty of the school & help make improvements where needed is to get involved/volunteer. Don't just complain but contribute. "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 01, 2015
Obviously the parent below hasn't had to meet with the principal or teacher to explain the grading policy nor around when she goes off on volunteers. Yes there is always good and bad in everything school but must have PTO and parents have input. Unfortunately not here you are told this is what will be done and again it's her way, I don't believe it's from the majority of the parents that these decisions come about. I am sure whomever wrote the review below didn't have their children taken off property last week without permission, if something would have happened to my children I believe some legal action would be in order. I use car line to avoid going into the school. My children by the way love their teachers but the leadership towards parents is bad unless you can conform to her way. Very sad because a lot of good families may be lost. I haven't had any children graduate from here and have to really reconsider whether they ever will in a few years. Maybe the principal and assistant principal need new direction.
15 people found this helpful

Posted March 30, 2015
I normally don't ever write reviews, but when I heard what was being said about IOPCS on greatschools.com, I felt compelled to do so. It's interesting how people can have such different opinions about the same school! Our three years at IOPCS have been nothing short of excellent. I have LOVED all of my daughter's teachers - each year I think "there can't be someone better than _____", but each year there is! She is thriving at IOPCS with straight As and we couldn't have asked for a better academic experience for her. With that being said, just because you're at a private school does not mean issues aren't going to crop up - it's to be expected at any academic institution. It would be na ve to think that we're insulated from anything problematic just because we're paying tuition. I believe that sometimes when good experiences occur, we're too busy to take the time to tell people about them and the loud people with an axe to grind keep talking louder - throw in some borderline hyperbole and you have a recipe for a great school being undermined by a few people who are basically throwing (anonymous) cyber temper tantrums. Without a doubt, IOPCS is an incredible school!
10 people found this helpful

Posted March 30, 2015
Bravo to the previous review! I couldn't agree more and find it terribly disconcerting that parents with personal issues find a venue like this to express their discontent. My child graduated from IOPCS and was well prepared both academically and morally for the rigors and challenges of high school. I'm so thankful we had this option!
5 people found this helpful

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 1

Posted March 29, 2015
Agree with the statements below for the most part especially the poor leadership,it appears our school leadership is an about me attitude. I found out yesterday that my children were off the property without permission, thought the recess issue would have opened her eyes. Lately I am not sure if the principal , her assistant or the fourth grade teacher running the school. They all talk down to folks like they are second class. If they knew what people are really saying they would be shocked. Unfortunately I will be in the group of my two children not returning, let them try and bill me for volunteer hours,I already stopped that after the second telling me it would be h e r way. Several of us parents were talking they can't even figure out the childcare piece out and they want to raise fees. Good luck June isn't coming soon enough.
13 people found this helpful

Posted March 26, 2015
I came to this site because this is how we decided where to bring our kids a few years ago. I was considering bringing them after we didn't return this year. After talking to several families and reading below won't happen sorry to say. I do agree that they should change the Christ like in all especially if you have any dealings with administration and some teachers. They pretend really well in front of the priest but last year in the lobby two teachers were going at it in the lobby. Are all the faculty even qualified and do they pay tuition like my family had to sacrifice for. I hope that before my kids grow up they will be able to come back to Infant of Prague Public School. Right now CCD is great for religion no my way only leadership and the teachers actually do a great job from what a t I see of using the schools so called slogan. Does my envelope on Sunday go to the school or CCD hope the latter. I am sorry to hear some of my friends say there not returning but after seeing and hearing of all the teacher and assistant openings and those already gone I understand. I bet this was a great a t school at one time.
13 people found this helpful

Infant Of Prague Catholic School
501 Bordeaux Street, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified Infant Of Prague Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Infant Of Prague Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top