Jacksonville, NC

Posted March 26, 2015
I came to this site because this is how we decided where to bring our kids a few years ago. I was considering bringing them after we didn't return this year. After talking to several families and reading below won't happen sorry to say. I do agree that they should change the Christ like in all especially if you have any dealings with administration and some teachers. They pretend really well in front of the priest but last year in the lobby two teachers were going at it in the lobby. Are all the faculty even qualified and do they pay tuition like my family had to sacrifice for. I hope that before my kids grow up they will be able to come back to Infant of Prague Public School. Right now CCD is great for religion no my way only leadership and the teachers actually do a great job from what a t I see of using the schools so called slogan. Does my envelope on Sunday go to the school or CCD hope the latter. I am sorry to hear some of my friends say there not returning but after seeing and hearing of all the teacher and assistant openings and those already gone I understand. I bet this was a great a t school at one time.

Posted March 24, 2015
It's sad but we're done. Very unprofessional leadership. My kids seem to come home every week to tell us another teacher is leaving they liked their PE teacher but they said he is going. I also find it disturbing the list of folks not returning to teach according to our bulletin. My family was in for the basketball tournament and was embarrassed on the final day when it appeared she was chastising a parent in the bleachers. The gossip and bullying are back, when they decide to bash school families and staff it shouldn't be in the bleachers on a Sunday. My family also has quit volunteering and quit using school support envelopes because nothing is good enough unless it's her way. I know my children tuition won't make a difference not being there next year.
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 19, 2015
Sadly I agree with several of the previous comments. The leadership is really missing when it comes to people skills. My family has also stopped volunteering due to administration s chastising, yelling and not listening. Don't understand how one or two people can speak for all school families instead your told this is the way it is. My children say you can't speak much or you get ion trouble guess recess is the new punishment. Our family unfortunately will not be interested in going forward and can spend the $7500 in tuition we would be paying elsewhere. Our family doesn't need to be talked down to by administration and her assistant s. I received the brochure at the breakfast they held it said something about Christ like in what they do must be only at mass.
7 people found this helpful

Posted March 02, 2015
Now that $Spanish and Science are going well finally I would add Math. Our family will not be returning as I feel there lacks proper administration.The grading is not consistent by no means from one grading period to another. I first thought it was just me but there are other parents that have had the same issues with administration. She is very condescending and you can barely get a word in edge wise. In the end it's her way period because she says so. I along with other families have stopped volunteering and donating for the simple fact it's not good enough for her, she always has to change it to her way. I feel sorry for the faculty if she manages them the same way ,only difference they get paid. I don't recall a parent meeting yet since she started to find out what parents were looking for to be done at the school. Someone told me she has school age children if so why wouldn't they be there, speaks volumes. We decided not to return when we got the paperwork this weekend showing a tuition increase. Why pay hard earned money for tuition to be treated like a second class volunteer and parent. I wish the school well,there are parents that also have educated degrees.
14 people found this helpful

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 3

Posted November 12, 2014
My children attends this school and enjoy their friends. Unfortunately, while at a soccer game some parents were talking and verified things I have heard. There is a huge gap between the parents and administration, they use this thing schoolspeak which is good for homework. I agree with the parents all sense of communication is gone. Last week a gift wrapping package came home, no information where the money was being spent. This year is worse than last for communication, I have several children in the school and have yet to get the same message (must less timely) from the teachers. I don't blame them am sure they are micro-managed liked everyone else. As a parent I can understand why no one wants to volunteer. While I know this is soccer field talk this happened with previous administrations and it panned out. I have been in the school several times only to hear administration and staff talking loudly about people. I wonder how secure my children's information. I am grateful that all my children attend Mass. I would like to continue for my children to attend next year, but if these parents are right about her treatment of parents and staff can't happen, this is not public school.
6 people found this helpful

Posted September 18, 2014
I've had friends leave for similar reasons. Supplies are OLD, academic curriculum was low, unfriendly staff. We were open minded and patient with all these issues as a new Principal came in. I wish I had followed my gut and listened to the reviews. In the morning the kids attend the front lobby for what they label as PRAYER. They are told to be "Solemn", saying "God Bless You" ( in lieu of the child's name) the song has to be sung quietly, no clapping or excitement. They have to circle around her, in a robot manner saying "goood mooorning Mzzz Cuuupsta, Thaaaaaank Yooooou Mzzzzzzz Cupsta". No excitement is allowed. It's pretty creepy. That's not a place I want my child. I want my child to be in a pleasant HAPPY learning environment. My kids loathed going. Other kids claimed they were using food for punishment/taking away outside time, getting SNATCHED up by their arm for unjust cause, coming home with unexplained bruising. Please don't start bashing on my opinion as it is MY OPINION and EXPERIENCE (good or bad). Good luck in your search for a school. Take Care.
8 people found this helpful

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 4

Posted September 12, 2014
As a parent of several children in the school I find the recent comment a bit skewed. Apparently they didn't have children in the school last year. My children actually enjoy going to the school this year for the exact opposite of what was written. The hiring of many positive teachers along with a new principal that is advancing my children's education is a breath of fresh air. Yes the so called admin assistants are stilling in every bodies business but you can't change everyone. The school basically seems to have injected new life and has a much better overall attitude towards everyone. The principal when I have spoken to her truly is concerned about education and the faith of the children. Unfortunately she can't be everywhere or join the little groups that feel it necessary to be the problem vs part of the solution. It is easy to criticize, now I wonder how that is Christ like in all we do!! As for the admin assistants I am sure the principal will get a handle on this or make the necessary changes. Keep up the good work as my children enjoy the school and the positive changes.
4 people found this helpful

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 5

Posted March 20, 2014
I went the great schools actually looking for high schools and decided to see about our school. Last night I attended a meeting with two presenters. I found both of them to be very professional and informative. However, there were 2 ladies and a husband and his wife (I believe) that were rude, unprofessional and mean spirited. I would have to assume that the lady speaking about the trip was back by the principal. I don't know the individual that they were tearing apart, I stayed afterwards and was told he is one of the biggest supporters of the parish and school. I was told that the person these folks were assailing probably volunteers more than all three of the them together. As a grandparent I confused about the lack of Christian behavior. Somebody told me that the person that was being ripped apart that his child was there. Really professional and these are the kind of people I want in charge of my grandchild on a trip. I think they owe the teacher and child an apology. My grandchild loves this school but like below maybe a cast change of some parents is needed. I hope the principal keeps things going and hope I find the person they were tearing about to thank him for his work.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 5

Posted February 13, 2014
Just excellent! My son goes to this school so this is a current review with the new principal. I can't speak highly enough of our experience at IOP. My son's teachers are incredibly compassionate and caring and take the time to really know him. I feel this is the best education he has received (we moved from a previous school due to military). The Catholic teachings have been superior, and my son actually encourages ME to attend Mass more and read the Bible at night. Not even kidding. He loves it there. He feels cared for, and he is, and is thriving in his education. I have nothing negative to say about this school, Parish, or staff. Everyone is very kind here and I feel so blessed we can be a part of this school.

Posted February 11, 2014
Discipline at this school is severely lacking. After being called to pick up our child from this school multiple times for "behavior issues", we transferred our child(ren) to public school. We had a conference with the public school principal, social worker, and other support staff regarding our child's IEP. We have had no behavior issues with our child(ren) since making the switch to the public school. The academics are more challenging and better suited to their grade levels than they were at IOP. We do miss the daily religious education, but with weekly religious education class and home teachings, and regular mass attendance, our children are doing well. If you are looking for a school that teaches the whole child, academically and socially/emotionally, I would not recommend this private institution. The SLP (silent lunch program) is also not an effective means of discipline. The public school is much more suited to teaching social skills such as self control, conflict resolution, coping skills, and bullying prevention, helping children grow into more well-developed students.
3 people found this helpful

Infant Of Prague Catholic School
501 Bordeaux Street, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified Infant Of Prague Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Infant Of Prague Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top