Posted March 20, 2014
I went the great schools actually looking for high schools and decided to see about our school. Last night I attended a meeting with two presenters. I found both of them to be very professional and informative. However, there were 2 ladies and a husband and his wife (I believe) that were rude, unprofessional and mean spirited. I would have to assume that the lady speaking about the trip was back by the principal. I don't know the individual that they were tearing apart, I stayed afterwards and was told he is one of the biggest supporters of the parish and school. I was told that the person these folks were assailing probably volunteers more than all three of the them together. As a grandparent I confused about the lack of Christian behavior. Somebody told me that the person that was being ripped apart that his child was there. Really professional and these are the kind of people I want in charge of my grandchild on a trip. I think they owe the teacher and child an apology. My grandchild loves this school but like below maybe a cast change of some parents is needed. I hope the principal keeps things going and hope I find the person they were tearing about to thank him for his work.

Posted February 13, 2014
Just excellent! My son goes to this school so this is a current review with the new principal. I can't speak highly enough of our experience at IOP. My son's teachers are incredibly compassionate and caring and take the time to really know him. I feel this is the best education he has received (we moved from a previous school due to military). The Catholic teachings have been superior, and my son actually encourages ME to attend Mass more and read the Bible at night. Not even kidding. He loves it there. He feels cared for, and he is, and is thriving in his education. I have nothing negative to say about this school, Parish, or staff. Everyone is very kind here and I feel so blessed we can be a part of this school.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 1

Posted February 11, 2014
Discipline at this school is severely lacking. After being called to pick up our child from this school multiple times for "behavior issues", we transferred our child(ren) to public school. We had a conference with the public school principal, social worker, and other support staff regarding our child's IEP. We have had no behavior issues with our child(ren) since making the switch to the public school. The academics are more challenging and better suited to their grade levels than they were at IOP. We do miss the daily religious education, but with weekly religious education class and home teachings, and regular mass attendance, our children are doing well. If you are looking for a school that teaches the whole child, academically and socially/emotionally, I would not recommend this private institution. The SLP (silent lunch program) is also not an effective means of discipline. The public school is much more suited to teaching social skills such as self control, conflict resolution, coping skills, and bullying prevention, helping children grow into more well-developed students.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 4

Posted January 11, 2014
I would like to respond to the previous two posts: First of all, I am sure the people who visit this site looking for information will see clearly the last two posts involve personal issues. All points are not proven facts except the sentence regarding the lack of a science teacher at this current time. The "petition" story is hearsay, misquoted from a child. Children often misquote and misunderstand larger contextual issues. The petition was NOT started by a teacher-I know this personally as I have middle school children and the school squashed any notion immediately. Regarding teachers running principals away...Again, yet another example of a personal squabble between parents and further illustrates the parent's blatant ignorance of the overall involvement of the teachers at IOP. I simply cannot believe a parent would not know if their child was or was not taught science. I implore the previous two parents who posted such incendiary comments get involved and volunteer with your child's teacher. See for yourself how involved these superlative, dedicated instructors are with YOUR child...OUR FUTURE...I am very happy with my children's teachers and the school overall.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 3

Posted January 07, 2014
The middle school now has no science class taught by a science teacher. Previously science was being taught. The 4th, 5th, and 6th grade were combined for their daily science class and the 7th and 8th grade had separate 45 minute classes daily. They now have the social studies and language arts and math teachers integrating science into their classes. There is now no science class with a period of its own. This is supposed to only be until next year when the school should hire a science teacher. All classes are now an hour long instead of 45 minutes so the language arts and social studies and math teachers' extra fifteen minutes of time per period are to be dedicated to science.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 3

Posted December 20, 2013
Yesterday my children were asked to sign a petition against a new schedule. When I asked who told them they said a teacher REALLY!. I guess times have changed now when teachers that may not like doing something they have the kids start a petition. This is really nice leadership in a private school environment. It seems that for the first time in the last 2-3 years that the teachers are being given some lesson directions that benefit the kids besides smart boards. It appears that no matter what principal is leading faculty finds it necessary to be non-supportive as shown trying to have my children sign a petition. I was told by another parent that Science isn't going to be taught, I went directly to the principal and actually found out my children weren't receiving science anyway and now they would by adding 15 minutes more instructional time. What a novel idea instructional time for students which is what I am paying for, my children to learn. I think instead of changing principals so much from being run out by some faculty maybe the faculty should evaluate whether they can fit in or move on. So far it appears that the new principal is about the children again what a novel idea.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 4

Posted June 13, 2013
Having had my children at this school I can only speak highly of IOP. After extensive research all through Jacksonville I have to say that this school is the best. If you want your children grow academically and spiritually in a warm and truly caring environment then this is the school for you. By the way: the parent that wrote those reviews below will not hurt the school because it seems that's the intention. All the teachers do their very best daily, the staff is very professional and that is all I am looking for. I wanted my children love to go to school and they love it daily. Those reviews do not hurt the staff but a handful of catholic parents that might not have the chance to see the school themselves before they move into town. You hurt that handful of children that would thrive so much in that environment but cant because being a military child, mom and dad did not have anything but this review. The school will always grow in numbers since people in town know that this is the best school in town. Please use this homepage truthfully and not with the intent to hurt others. If you have a problem with something do not vent on a homepage!

Posted June 13, 2013
It is truly sad if parents put their personal issues in regards to a report card or other into a public homepage making it harder for other parents to rate a school. Grow up! And use this page for what it is! if you send your child to a private school and want a catholic education please expect your child to go to church once a week! The parent who wrote about Father cannot be a true catholic. I am truly happy with this school and comparing it to others in Jacksonville I would say - there is no comparison! It is the best! Listen to the parents that have had their whole family in the school from Pre-K through 8th Grade!!!!

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
There is a new principal who has moved the school from text book learning to technology. There has been some nice changes but everyone school has issues. I think the pastor is more in tune than you think as I had an issue and he handled it. Unfortunately the bullying issue is worse by some teachers. I was told it would be handled but wasn't. I know you can't change all the problems out so I am moving my child to another school. There are just to many special rules depending on who you are, one day things are this way the next day totally different. I have hard of the silent reading issue but also have heard parents talk about the SLP (silent lunch program). This seems to be the new way not to have to deal with kids during lunch (especially for one teacher). Thankfully my child doesn't have lunch with her. I know my child not coming back will not make a big difference and I am sure there will be issues in public school but will take the chance. I do wish the school the best.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School 1

Posted May 18, 2013
Zero stars was not an option! My child attended this school for only one year and that was TOO long! I wish I could agree with some of the comments saying that the teachers were of high quality but that was not my experience. After countless unsuccessful attempts to call, speak, and/or have a conference with her, I spoke with the principal who promised to make changes. 3 months later, nothing had been done. I attempted to reach the principal again and now she wouldn't respond. One teacher begged me to addreass the issue with the pastor stating my child was the type of child that a catholic school needed. At this point, I knew of other current IOP families that had attempted to speak with him regarding the same issues. When I had my meeting with him he completely lied to my face. It was at that point when I realized we were done. The school year was a complete and total loss. My child spent more time in church on a weekly basis than he did in the classroom; often to attend baptisms of parishoners! When they were in the class, they more often than not had SSR (sustained silent reading.) I am a product of Catholic schools education. To call this an education is a complete lie.

Infant Of Prague Catholic School
501 Bordeaux Street, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified Infant Of Prague Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Infant Of Prague Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews.