St. Anne's Parish Day School 3

Posted May 30, 2014
Could be a great school but poor leadership has promoted the formation of parent/teacher cliques resulting in an unwelcoming environment. The director is very caring but has allowed a group of parents/teachers to become gossipy and exclusionary at the school. The last few reviews were glowing but considering the number of enrolled students and the director sent out a schoolwide email asking for positive reviews and only a few responded speaks volumes. My children have been enrolled here for a few years and have blossomed until this year. I've heard parents/teachers gossiping about other parents and students in the school. Parent participation in volunteer activities is extremely low secondary to cliquish behavior. There is a computer program but the teacher is never prepared and the children end up watching movies. The Facebook pages of some staff depict them participating in inappropriate behavior and I have heard a staff member brag about her DUI's. Although my children have had some wonderful teachers, as a prospective parent you must be able to choose the good ones. If you cannot identify with the "in-crowd" your concerns will most likely be ignored and you will be excluded.

Posted March 23, 2014
This isn't just a school, its a family. Where else does the director know every child by name? All 3 of my children have attended this school. I mean, no one is PERFECT, but this school is very close to it. Know your child will be liked, safe, and in a great learning environment with no more than 16 children to a class with two teachers. This is fantastic. Lots of ways to be involved if you would like to. Love the multicultural themes and computer and music classes also. Great after school clubs for the Kindergarten and up like Spanish, Book club, and more! Best choice in Jacksonville by far.

Posted March 21, 2014
This is a great school. The teachers are outstanding. The administration staff is excellent as well. My kids have been going here since pre-school and are happy and smart. They love going to school. The small class sizes and the atmosphere is one that promotes a warm, nurturing and happy place for kids to learn and grow.

Posted March 21, 2014
We have used St. Anne's for the last 3 years. Our son was there for 3rd grade and our daughter for PMO and now preschool. I really have no complaints about this school. The teachers and assistants have all been wonderful. They view my children as individuals and not just part of a class. My daughter who is very shy, has been nurtured and loved right out of her shell. She looks forward to each day there. My son was the same way. Our only wish was that they went through at least 6th grade. The director is also wonderful and such a joy to deal with. She really loves the children and the school and it shows. My daughter will be there again next year and if we are here for Kindergarten. Highly recommend St. Anne's.

Posted March 19, 2014
Well, I have no idea what these parents are talking about. My children have attended St. Anne's for the past 8 years. My children have been through PMO, Preschool and grade-school and our experience has been outstanding. You honestly will not find another school that is so welcoming. In fact the administrators seem to know ALL the kids by name. They greet us every morning with a smile and I couldn't be any happier sending them to St. Anne's. I have had only great experiences with the teachers, perhaps the reviewers rated the wrong school. The only thing St. Anne's could do better is have more grades!

Posted March 19, 2014
From the first time we walked through the door at St. Anne's Day School in 2008, my family has felt at home. My son and daughter love it there and my husband and I couldn't have asked for a better scholastic experience for both of our children! Every day when dropping off your child, he or she is greeted BY NAME (I don't know how the director remembers everyone's name!) and welcomed through the doors of the school. All of the teachers my children have had (14 in all over 7 classrooms) have been incredible and the small classroom size allows for teachers to teach to each individual child, not just follow the curriculum. When my daughter "graduated" from St. Anne's she was the most advanced student at her new school. Although I think she's brilliant ( ), St. Anne's had a lot to do with her preparedness. Please do not let a bad review dissuade you from sending your child to St. Anne's - you will not regret it!! PS - To the parent complaining about her experience over a two-year period: if it was as horrible as you claim, then why did you stay?? That doesn't make sense to me...

St. Anne's Parish Day School 2

Posted November 13, 2013
Utterly awful experience for my family. Staff are cold and are often caught talking about children and parents. You and your child will thrive here if you are willing to partake in such behavior. If not, then I suggest sending your child to another establishment where your complaints are taken seriously.

Posted August 17, 2013
ST ANNE'S PARISH DAY SCHOOL is simply one of the most educationally and joyful schools for any child to experience in their lifetime. The child is taught in a manner that will follow them all their life. The staff and teachers are so onvolved in the child's positive learning experience. Each child is given individual time that does not impact negatively on any other student. Parent participation is so welcomed and encourage,especially at the preschool level. My grandchildren have and attend this school and they have grown in so many ways and learned so much. I can not say enough to emphasis what a great school this is.

Posted November 15, 2011
We have been at St. Anne's now for two years. With three kids in attendance, I have gotten to experience at least 4 different classrooms and 8 teachers. We couldn't be happier with the preschool and elementary school. Our kids are excelling in the warm and caring environment that is Saint Anne's. The staff truly know our children and care about our family. The small classroom size of around 15 students with two teachers was a great draw for my husband and myself. The school has far exceeded my expectations academically while providing a caring, nurturing environment.

Posted October 12, 2011
My daughter loves her 4 y/o preschool class. Her teachers are great and she has mastered writing her name and letters a-f so far in the past month. We are very happy with the education she is getting and are even looking into kindergarten there. She has met many new friends and is sad on the weekends when she cant go to school.

St. Anne's Parish Day School
711 Henderson Drive, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified St. Anne's Parish Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-3
St. Anne's Parish Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.