Bad
Good

Wonderful school and staff! We had a terrible experience at Richland's High when we moved here 2 1/2 years ago with a very incompetent staff. I did not want my daughter going through what my son did so we moved. Northside staff has gone above and beyond to make sure she would not only graduate on time, but early! It is a large, clean, updated school with tons of opportunities for the students. My daughter has really grown and flourished at Northside!

My son ia Autistic and the services and education that he has gotten thus far has been outstanding

As a parent of a graduating senior, I had to give a huge "way to go!" to the principal and staff at Northside. Our daughter has flourished in this school both through academics and sports. The teachers are great and push the kids to want to achieve great things for themselves. I would recommend this school to anyone coming to Jacksonville!

My daughter is a senior this year and my other is a freshman. I can't say enough good things about Northside. The principal is very involved and cares about her students. The teachers are active in the student's education, they want the student to succeed. They stress the importance of parent/teacher communication. I am updated on progress through emails as needed. The sports program is equally good. They just started a swim team and girls lacrosse.

I went to northside last year and had to move out of state being that my dad was military. I know Northside is a great school. The teachers are such an encouragement to the students and to each other. At Northside a helping hand is never far when you have fallen. If i could still be there rather tha here i would be.

I am a Senior at Northside High School and I have spent the last four years at NHS and have enjoyed every minute. I cannot say much in regards to the regular class teachers but as for the honors courses and AP courses, it is easy to tell tat nearly every teacher has a passion for their subject and a desire to make every pupil succeed. The teachers do not teach straight from the book, they get up and illustrate their topics with examples and activities. They challenge us to answer questions and solve problems to the best of our ability. If a student is not doing well in a class the teachers are always there after school to offer help or extra instruction. We are not treated like immature children but as responsible young adults who can make our own desicions.

I've met some parents from Swansboro HS and they said they've heard bad things (especially drug-use) about Northside High School. After watching our Marching Band and our team play last Fri, they now have a high regard for our school. My daughter just graduated from Northside and has received an academic scholarship at NC State, and my son is a Junior playing football for the school. I have never been more proud of our school. Keep it up!

I am a student at Northside High School and wouldn't want to go to any other school. Northside not only has a great athletic department but a great academic department as well. The teachers here are great at what they do and I am confident that I will score high on my EOCs and exams.

Last modified Northside High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.