Posted August 01, 2013
I was lucky enough to have my son attend STES since Kindergarden. I have been pleased with his teachers every year. He loves to go to school. The vision and mission of STES is to produce 'active learners to impact our world'. Their constant policy of 'paying it forward' has taught my son and the other students the importance of doing good things for others. I wouldn't want my son to attend any other school!!!

Posted November 13, 2012
My child has attended 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade at Stateide. It is an excellent school teaching all subject areas to include art, computer lab, music, and physical education. In times of shrinking budgets, Stateside shines in their ability to offer extra curricular activities. I would recommend this school to everyone. I have no complaints. My daughter has had exceptional teachers in each grade who have worked with her I. Meeting expectations in all areas of learning.

Posted June 14, 2012
I am proud and fortunate that my daughter attends Stateside Elementary. She has attended this school since it opened and has enjoyed every minute of it. She says the best part is all of the opportunities she has to do things at the school. Stateside offers more than an excellent classroom experience. The school has many organizations for children to become involved with. These organizations allow students to become well rounded and develop leadership abilities that allow them to become productive citizens in their community. Students come first at this school and it is evident from the time you enter the building. The administration supports the teachers and keeps the staff updated of anything that will help them meet the needs of all students. Stateside Elementary is OUTSTANDING!

Posted June 14, 2012
My child has attended Stateside since opening three years ago. Each year I think...it can't get better then this...it does. Although class sizes were larger this year than others (I understand it was this way most everywhere), they went over and beyond to accomodate every child. My son struggled at one time with math, another grade level teacher took her time to meet with him after school. I am also so impressed that the children know most everyone in the school. From custodians to office staff and other teachers. Everyone works for the good of the children. I see office staff and custodians at lunch helping supervise, interacting with children. As a parent, it is comforting to know that your child is not just being "watched", but being "cared" for by others who want the best for them as well. Lastly, the administration is the best! I have seen Mrs. Long walking around every morning talking with students and parents even through she must have a million of things to do. Every afternoon she is there, she is outside dismissing car riders. The last day of school, she went around stopping at classrooms to sign yearbooks. I couldn't be more pleased with Stateside Elementary.

Posted June 14, 2012
I am honored to say that I am a teacher at Stateside Elementary, and it is a pleasure to go to work each day. Stateside Elementary values our Patriot community. We work to bring out the best in each child no matter what grade level or homeroom teacher.. Students have leadership opportunities that encourge them to grow in many different areas and allow them become successful both in the classroom and in outside community. We value paying it forward, and our students look for community service opportunities to make the world a better place. Mrs. Long is the most involved principal that I have ever worked for. She is supportive, motivating and innovative when it comes to student learning. I would not choose to work at any other school. Stateside truly is the coolest school!

Posted June 13, 2012
Our daughter has the privilege of attending Stateside Elementary. I would literally sell my house to keep her at this school! The administation and the teachers care so much about the students. The principal knows almost all of the students by name, and she is so involved with each of the grade levels. When our daughter started attending Stateside, she was shy and unsure of her abilities. Stateside has given her more opportunities than we could have ever imagined. She is in the National Elementary Honor Society and Honors Chorus, but most importantly, she is an Ambassador for Stateside. She loves talking to people about all of the wonderful things that happen at her school. She has learned to be a leader and a patriot. We could not have asked for a better place for our child to learn and grow. Even WITN, a local news channel, agrees . . . OUR SCHOOL IS COOL!

Stateside Elementary 2

Posted April 18, 2012
Was not impressed with the support staff. Most of the teachers were great but didn't seem to be getting the support from the administration. My child needed to be placed in a resource class for extra support and it was awful. I now have a kid that is literally scared to set foot near that school.

Posted January 11, 2012
This is our first year at Stateside and I'm so impressed with this school!! I am a teacher and very picky when it comes to my childrens' school. The teachers are very approachable and the communication is wonderful (Mrs. Howard is phenomenal!!). I agree with the other reviewer about the Parent Advisory Board but I have found the principal to be a good communicator and willing to go the extra mile. I switched my two boys into Stateside after we pulled them out of a private school after the first week of school. The principal took an hour (during the first week of school) to give me a tour and answer my multitude of questions--she couldn't care more about the school she is running! We are military and the teachers and staff are very tuned into helping kids cope with the unique challenges that go along with being part of a military family. I can't say enough good things about Stateside--if you are moving to Jacksonville, live where your kids can go to this school. . . you will not be disappointed!!!

Posted July 19, 2011
My children attended Kindergarten and First Grade during Stateside's first year. I was disappointed at first because our area had been redistricted, and I had hoped my children would attend my old school - Summersill Elementary. I am now grateful that they attended this school. Both of my children's teachers were amazing. My son is advanced for his age, and his teacher actually took the time to give him more advanced work. Both teachers strived to give my children the best education possible. I think it's a great school overall, and well-built according to the student's needs as well.

Posted May 25, 2011
I can't say enough great things about the teachers and support staff. They go above and beyond on a daily basis. They encourage and enrich the children that attend there. However, the principal lacks communication skills. I feel there is a communication barrier with her and other parents have expressed the same frustration. There is not a PTA/PTO but a "parent advisory board". Most of the parents have never heard of it and the meetings are not advertised. I am hoping that she will listen to our concerns and appreciate that the parents want to be involved in their childs education.

Stateside Elementary
Stateside Elementary School, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified Stateside Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stateside Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.