Kannapolis, NC
Students enrolled: 1,391

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 31, 2015
we thought most of our child's teachers did an excellent job , we would have liked to have seen a little more communication from some of them, however overall we were pleased.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 31, 2015
The marching band program has been a big positive in this area, the band director and his assistants have shown the relationship between preparation and success.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted July 31, 2015
To be honest, I am not sure, I haven't seen evidence one way or another.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 31, 2015
This would depend on which programs or clubs your child takes part in. The program my child is involved requires community service.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 31, 2015
I am not sure any school can develop these traits in students, there is no substitute for good parents.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 16, 2015
There was one class where the teacher was using a project based curriculum which resulted in excessive amounts of homework. However, after concerned were raised, this was corrected. Other than one issue, the amount of homework has been appropriate to the rigor of the curriculum.

A. L. Brown High School 4

Posted July 16, 2015
So far we have been generally pleased with the school, our child had some amazing teachers this past year. The marching band program is terrific, there are plenty of quality organizations and programs to choose from at this high school. The historic campus is really cool, has the look of a college campus.

A. L. Brown High School 5

Posted October 09, 2009
A.L. Brown High School. the a really great school. although you gotta wear a full uniform and stuff. its still a great school and most of the students has sprit! i love this school and i wish i still went to it i am a senior now attending a school in chester va. its not a great school but ill mannage. i hope to return to A.L. Brown sometime during the 2009 year. A.L. BROWN HIGH SCHOOL IS DEFFENITLY ONE OF THE TOP SCHOOLS IN AMERICA

A. L. Brown High School 5

Posted December 22, 2007
I was a bit uneasy about changing schools from Concord High to A.L. Brown High, after hearing negative reviews about it. After I enrolled, I was very impressed of the school's academics, and extra-curricular activities. Students here are very persistent on learning, and test scores prove it! With a new principal, obligatory dress code, and many new students/staff from different parts of the states, A.L. Brown definitely has became an excellent school.

A. L. Brown High School 4

Posted November 21, 2004
A.L brown pride never goes away. I graduated in 2002. Sometimes I wish that I could go back to this school not to improve my grades becouse the teachers did a great job getting me where i am now. I have a great job in the Marine Corp, and have advanced in my m.o.s and rank many times. Becouse of the motavation that came with me from A.l. Brown high.

415 East 1st Street, Kannapolis, NC  28083
Last modified A. L. Brown High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A. L. Brown High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top