Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 19, 2015
we thought most of our child's teachers were very effective. I would advise people to look past the overall school grade and take a closer look at this school. Our child has benefitted from some highly effective teachers.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 19, 2015
overall I would say the amount of homework assigned has been appropriate. There have been one or two teachers who might have slightly pushed the envelope however our child learned better time management from the experience.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 19, 2015
I can't comment with regards to the entire school, however my child is a member of the marching band proram. The director of this program works these students hard, but in doing so, he has helped to instill a work ethic with his students and demonstrated the relationship between hard work, preparation and success (excellence).

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted December 19, 2015
I have not seen enough to say yes or no, most of the students my child associates with are already good kids, however, I tend think this had more to do with their parents rather than the school.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted December 19, 2015
This might depend on which clubs or organizations your child belongs too. Some groups may focus more on community service than others, which may lead to developing compassion, caring and empathy.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted December 19, 2015
I am no so sure these are things a school can develop with students. I may be old fashioned but I like to think parents would be more effective.

A. L. Brown High School 4

Posted December 19, 2015
Our child has done pretty well academically so far, in my opinion there are some highly effective teachers at this high school. The arts programs at this school are outstanding and the school offers high quality options with regards to clubs and organizations.

A. L. Brown High School 5

Posted October 09, 2009
A.L. Brown High School. the a really great school. although you gotta wear a full uniform and stuff. its still a great school and most of the students has sprit! i love this school and i wish i still went to it i am a senior now attending a school in chester va. its not a great school but ill mannage. i hope to return to A.L. Brown sometime during the 2009 year. A.L. BROWN HIGH SCHOOL IS DEFFENITLY ONE OF THE TOP SCHOOLS IN AMERICA

A. L. Brown High School 5

Posted December 22, 2007
I was a bit uneasy about changing schools from Concord High to A.L. Brown High, after hearing negative reviews about it. After I enrolled, I was very impressed of the school's academics, and extra-curricular activities. Students here are very persistent on learning, and test scores prove it! With a new principal, obligatory dress code, and many new students/staff from different parts of the states, A.L. Brown definitely has became an excellent school.

A. L. Brown High School 4

Posted November 21, 2004
A.L brown pride never goes away. I graduated in 2002. Sometimes I wish that I could go back to this school not to improve my grades becouse the teachers did a great job getting me where i am now. I have a great job in the Marine Corp, and have advanced in my m.o.s and rank many times. Becouse of the motavation that came with me from A.l. Brown high.

415 East 1st St, Kannapolis, NC  28083
Last modified A. L. Brown High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.