Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 10, 2016
Megan Lilly, Fran Patterson, Trisha Hill, Mrs. Cline and Massey, Jennifer Stauffer, Todd Parker, Erin Anderson, Ashlyn Cagle, and Mandi Campbell.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 10, 2016
The data for my son's reading improvement over his elementary years was phenomenal. He improved by leaps and bounds each year.

Posted June 10, 2016
Both of my kids attended FLW. My son, a struggling reader, is now on grade level at KMS. This is thanks to his amazing elementary school. My daughter thrived at FLW every day. She cried when she graduated yesterday because she loves her teacher so much. The staff and administration have given my children love and knowledge. I could not recommend a school more! We are so sad to leave!

Fred L Wilson Elementary 3

Posted September 28, 2013
This is a good school, the new principal is very nice and the teachers are great but one of the assistant teacher tends to yell at the children, which I don't approve of, especially when my 1st grader comes home in tears not understanding what he was suppose to do. I know kids can be a hand full but they need to find other ways to get them to behave and listen then scaring them half to death. My child don't want to go to school now because of it.

Posted September 08, 2013
This school is amazing. All the staff and teachers make an effort to not only learn every child's name, but also get to know each child. My child has had very attentive teachers that are working hard to get her where she needs to be. Every effort is made to reach the goal of an excellent education for each student. They have tightened their security measures and have responded well to any suggestions from parents. I think they have done well adjusting to even more funding and staff limitations set from higher up. Public education needs to be a priority in this country so great schools like this can keep producing excellent students.

Fred L Wilson Elementary 1

Posted August 31, 2011
I use to think this was a great school but yesterday proved me wrong. My 6 yr old has always wait on me to come get her, had no problem last year but the lack of knowledge would have got her kidnapped. The teacher let her leave with a group of kids that walked home. For 10 mins, they had no idea where my child was. This had me terrified and very angry that very little concern was shown. The principle is more involved with having a perfect school. Any parents thinking of moving to this area..Write in BOLD letters what transportation your child-children will be..I would hate for this to happen to another parent. It was a heart breaking experience and not even a simple apology was gave.

Posted October 27, 2010
I rate this school a 5. My son is now in 2nd grade and doing better than every. With the help of his K & 1st grade teachers he was diagnosed w/ absence seizures and is on the correct medication and doing much better at home and at school. Everyone teacher, resouse teacher, office workers, principal have been excellent dealing with my child.

Posted December 10, 2008
I love this school. The teachers are wonderful and I feel that I am a welcomed partner in my children's learning.

Fred L Wilson Elementary 4

Posted June 19, 2007
I give this school a 4.because I went to this school 3 years ago.I loved this school.

1401 Pine St, Kannapolis, NC  28081
Last modified Fred L Wilson Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.