Bad
Good

My daughter attended Boger in K, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades. I am quite sad to say that we are moving out of the district (work-related relocation) because I really wanted my daughter to finish out her time here. I'm not certain what the other respondents were referring to in their comments about lack of communication. The school does a great job of 1) sending notices home in our child's folder, 2) the amazing PTA emails us once a week, 3) we get periodic phone notices each month, and 4) my child's teachers have returned each of my emails within 24 hours. Overall, my wife and I are thrilled with Boger. Our daughter has thrived here both intellectually and socially. We really wish we didn't have to move. Best of luck to you all.

We have been to 2 elementary schools in this district. I was hoping Boger would be better, but no. This school is terrible. TERRIBLE!!!! I have a little boy who is a bundle of energy and he is treated so horribly. Teacher frustrated with him. They want children to just sit quietly all day. They are KIDS!!!! My child is not happy and hates going to school. They won't listen to any suggestions I have. It's just been an awful situation. I wish I could give 0 stars. Now we are looking into schools in Mooresville because Cabarrus is not good. Not good at all. Consider moving out of this district.

We hope, for several reasons, this will be our one and only year at this school. My child's teacher is very unorganized and communication with multiple levels of staff have varied from uncaring to rude.

I am very disappointed with this school. Worst communication ever. Anytime I have questions or concerns, they are not addressed or taken seriously. I wanted my child at an elementary school where the staff was friendly and welcoming. I wanted my child to feel safe and feel comfortable there. My child hates school and dreads going. It breaks my heart. We are looking into a new school for next year. Time for this school to do some serious damage control because it has an awful reputation now. No way would I recommend anyone send their child here.

CONTINUED... We never even got a phone call! My daughter came home completely emotional and frightened. The principal was aware of the documented assaults, conferences, and proposed "solutions" and refused to remove my child from this class! After filling a SECOND formal complain on bullying, we were told we would hurt the school's "blemish free" record and politely asked to refrain from unnecessarily involving the district. Again. We have pulled them from this school and REFUSE to go back. My kids will attend a school next year where the academic scores might me slight lower, but where they don't fear for their lives! I've been as positive towards this school as I can force myself to be. If I listed all the details, you would be COMPLETELY HORRIFIED of this school! I have NO problem giving Charles E. Boger Elementary school a 1 star rating. And that's ONLY sure to the fact my other children finished this school alive!

My child is in the 2nd grade at this school. I am very disappointed with the communication or lack thereof. We have older children that and have had many teachers over the years. Our 2nd grade teacher is the worst I have ever had. She is overwhelmed and borderline being abusive of the children. We are moving just to get out of this school district.

My child has been at Boger since Kindergarten. During the first two years, my sense of the school was that while it had an enthusiastic parent organization and caring teachers, its academic program was mediocre and lackluster. For instance, I had the impression that the only math my child got exposed to during those first years was number facts. I also struggled with what I thought were teachers overly strict interpretation of FERPA laws which made it impossible for children and families to get to know each other and build a learning community. This year, we have a teacher who has not only gone the extra mile to create a strong partnership with families, but her academic curriculum is also rich and integrated. (To be fair, this great experience also coincides with the school's active implementation of Common Core Standards, which in and of themselves focus on integration of skills.) My child also feels valued, challenged, and loves science and math in ways she never did before. In fact, if all I had to go on was this year, I would give Boger a five-star rating. In other words, the quality of your child's education here will depend on the teacher. Everything else is great.

Our 3rd year at Boger. I have a child finishing grade 2 and one finishing Kindergarten. Only really have positive things to say about our experience. The school as a whole has provided an excellent education for my children. They enjoy school and share with me daily all that they have learned each day. I feel they are challenged and given individual attention as needed. I am a working mom so do not visit the school much, but feel welcome when I do visit. The teachers ALL have responded to my notes, emails, and phone calls promptly and clearly. In another 2 years, I will have a 3rd child at this school and look forward to that time without reservations. My experience with each individual teacher has been different, but the quality of education and their safety overall has remained top notch, which is what is important to me for my children.

Glad that the year is over. Not much comunication.

I believe that Boger is a great school. There is excellent communication and an awesome prinicipal that runs a tight ship. The teachers and students know what is expected of them. My children have received an excellent education and we look forward to many more positive years there!

Last modified Charles E. Boger Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.