Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

R B Glenn High
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 03, 2016
Teachers are good for the most part. It's the incompetent principal, Brad Craddock that they have to worry about. He has no idea how to run a school.

Posted June 03, 2016
i was a former teacher at this school. it's a terrible school and the principal, Brad Craddock, really has no idea what he's doing. Craddock came from Carver which has a score of 1 on the Great Schools website. When i was teaching here, Glenn had score of 3. Craddock is such a bad principal and so in over his head that the school has now dropped to a 2 ranking. I really don't think the district had high hopes for Glenn or they would have sent a better principal. Seems like the district moves these clueless administrators around from one bad school to the next without much thought for the kids, parents, or teachers. Working under someone who is incompetent really is hell on earth. Craddock has no backbone or resolve. There is NO discipline at this school. We were told in a teacher's meeting to stop writing kids up because we had already met our quota. Kids constantly roam the halls during class time and fights happen on a regular basis. This is a dangerous environment to be in and not at all conducive to any type of worthwhile education. It was very common for me to be cussed at by students and verbal confrontations in the classroom happened often, But since we met our discipline quota of write-ups, the students had to remain the problem of the teacher and stay in the classroom. There is absolutely no way to teach in that kind of environment. It was a bullying culture--students bullying teachers. It is a hostile work environment -- to the extreme -- towards teachers. No matter what you read about this school trying to clean up its act academically, you will never see an improvement unless they get rid of this principal and put someone in place that knows what the H they are doing.

R B Glenn High 5

Posted May 02, 2016
All of the teachers and administrators at Glenn genuinely care about the students. I feel like a lot of people who complain about the school don't actually know what a really bad school looks like. The kids are respectful, and I have had zero discipline problems. I have taught at a very rough high school, so I would know.

Posted January 17, 2014
the staff is terrible. never does really anything in the offices and the principals there are terrible too. instead of thinking that every young person outside of the school is a student, at least treat people with respect instead of jumping on them for waiting on someone to come out. i dread the next year students have to deal with this place..

Posted April 25, 2013
It's only a public school, but it's a horrible public school. It's an educational black hole in the district, or one of them.

Posted August 25, 2012
I'm currently attending Glenn high school, and graduating this year, and cannot wait to leave this school. 95% of the teachers are coaches and have no clue what they're doing, mentors are not helpful at all, I wanted to take honors classes, but because my mentor didn't think it was a good idea, it'll be a big struggle trying to get my classes changed within the first 5 days of school. The entire school is completely segregated, teachers are very demanding when most of the time they only write things on the board and expect us to know how to solve equations. As for coaches being teachers, one of my teachers was literally teaching us from a book, HE didn't even know how to do/teach us the subject whatsoever. I also find it very disrespectful that coaches let students come in the middle of class and make all the noise they want and just disrupt class, which should not even be allowed in the first place. Thanks to Glenn's teachers, I'm not caught up with my classes. If you want your child to succeed don't come to this school.

R B Glenn High 4

Posted July 31, 2012
Overall, my experience at Glenn was interesting. There is a wide range of diversity in terms of race and socioeconomic class. I graduated in the top 10 of my class in 2010. The classroom is definitely segregated racially; most of my honors and AP classes were at least 75% white. Some of the comments are true when it comes to the teachers. Some are there to make ends meet, others to encourage children to excel. I could have breezed through classes with teachers unwilling to go through the motions in the classroom. Instead, there was a mix of the two. A few of the AP/honors teachers were terrible; most were only as good as level of self motivation in the classroom. The third group sought to teach how to learn properly. Only a handful of these teachers existed, but if you were lucky enough to take their classes, then you learned valuable life lessons. As for the administration, it can be considered subpar. Some principals were good, others were subjective in their punishments, cracking down on some students while ignoring the smell of marijuana coming from the bathrooms. Really Glenn is what you make of it. If you want to succeed the tools are there. You just have to pick them up.

R B Glenn High 4

Posted March 25, 2011
I am a former student. Glenn is a good school overall. I went there all 4 years of high school. It is full of diversity. Yes, there are both "good" and "bad" students that go there. There aren't many fights within the year. Most people complain that GHS is a bad school, but that isn't true. Glenn went from being one of the poorest schools in Forsyth County within the past 10 years, to being a decently wealthy school because of Catepiller, Dell, and other businesses. A lot of the teachers are excellent teachers. All of the teachers I know that have taught there are willing to go the extra mile for students. Tutoring, extra credit, study sessions, and spending more time explaining something in class are just some examples of how teachers there are willing to help a student. They love their jobs, and they care about the future of your children. Bad things have happened at GHS admittedly, but what school doesn't have that? Glenn strives to get through it. There are varying styles of teaching and learning. in the end students are the ones who need to prepare for college; teachers can only do so much. Also, I do believe that parents should get more involved with their child's education.

R B Glenn High 2

Posted March 24, 2011
Well as I see it if you want your child to pass send them here. Some teachers are really there to teach while others are there pushing kids through even when the student is failing. My step daughter did poorly for three years and her senior year she was put into classes a seventh grader couldn't fail. She once missed 12 on a chemistry exam and hot a 100?? What is this teaching them? I know teachers who are resigning because they are being told to alter grades and that's not right. This is just a portion of what I've seen and it's not only Glenn. Heck most teachers won't even stay after to help because they are busy, or they are also coaches. Get a grip before it's to late for these kids.. If you don't want to teach, get another proffession.

R B Glenn High 5

Posted May 22, 2010
As a single parent.... I honestly don't know what I would have done Without Glenn and their wonderful staff... My child is much, much more than just "A Student" he became a member of Glenn's 'FAMILY' Without a father present, I can honestly say that the coaching staff really stepped up for me and my son! They never allowed him to FAIL.... and they provided him with all the necessary tools to help him to make a wonderful future for himself.... I LOVE GLENN HIGH SCHOOL....

R B Glenn High
1600 Union Cross Rd, Kernersville, NC  27284
Last modified R B Glenn High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.