Posted June 23, 2014
We have loved our 5 years at PGE. Our children count Piney Grove as part of their family. It is a true community with great staff, teachers, parents, and kids. The PTA is very active and have helped our kids not miss a thing even with all the budget cuts over the years. The principal and vice principal are an awesome team. Every teacher we have had was a perfect fit for our children. We can't say enough great things about this school and the role they have played in our lives. Thanks PGE!

Posted February 06, 2013
I am so impressed with Piney Grove! Wish it went through high school! The administrative staff is caring and attends to issues that arise. Between my kids we have had four happy years there with the most amazing teachers. They seem to have a knack for placing teachers with the grade level for which they are best suited! After speaking to parents with children in other local schools, I feel PGE adds extra activities that other area elementary schools do not. My kids are testing above average already- thank you Piney Grove!

Posted August 16, 2012
The ew school principal Ms Frye was so nice to the kids. My kids are at thes school (2 girls) and they both love their teachers. They were encouraged to do better and gets staff support.

Piney Grove Elementary 3

Posted October 25, 2011
Our beloved principal has left and we cetainly miss her. The school will never be the same without her warm personality, energy, and focus on kids. Big shoes to fill and so far the replacement feet fall really short. Luckily the staff is still in place and they pick up where she leaves off.

Posted May 16, 2011
PGE is a WONDERFUL school. All 3 of my daughters graduated from here and we are so grateful for the great education they received. Dr.Sikes and the entire staff made all of our years there great and very memorable. Thanks for everything and keep up the good work!!

Posted November 07, 2010
Piney Grove is a wonderful school. The principal knows all 700+ students by name. My two kids are at opposite ends of the spectrim with different ability levels and different personalities. I feel like the principal, Dr. Sikes, has matched each of my kids with the best available teachers for their learning styles. I served as volunteer coordinator, and parents at this school are wonderful!

Posted September 18, 2009
I love the small town feel of our school. Although there are almost 800 students everyone seems connected.

Posted September 15, 2009
I absolutely LOVE Piney Grove. I have two girls there that are in 1st and 2nd and they both started K there. All the teachers I have gotten to know are awesome and really care for the kids. The principal knows all the children by name and remembers their parents and even the cars they drive if they pick their children up from school. This is a school that definitely cares for the students. I can't wait for my younger two to go there.

Posted September 15, 2009
My daughter LOVES Piney Grove. She has certainly blossemed there. She began kindergarten at a different school and it was horrible. Now she is at Piney Grove and is doing great. Awesome principal and Awesome teachers!

Piney Grove Elementary 0

Posted September 15, 2009
It has wonderful teachers, a great principal and feels like family.

Contact Information

1500 Piney Grove Road
Kernersville, NC 27284

School website

Piney Grove Elementary
1500 Piney Grove Road, Kernersville, NC  27284
Last modified Piney Grove Elementary is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Piney Grove Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.