Kernersville, NC
Students enrolled: 1,248

Posted August 02, 2014
I am a former student of southeast middle school. To me this school is he best middle school in Forsyth county hands down. I met great people and had great memories with great teachers. I played sports there and made straight A's all three years I was at southeast middle school. I've seen reviews of parents saying that the teachers don't focus on educating kids and just give them answers before tests. I take that as a slap in the face because I've worked hard for every A I have received at that school. Yes, it's a big school; largest in the county. Embrace it. If you're considering Southeast Middle School I hope my review helped you make this decision.

Southeast Middle 2

Posted May 01, 2014
The teachers are bored, uninterested, students and have no creative lesson plans. Yes, the classes are easy, but I would like for my sons to obtain an education. Most teachers are fairly new to the field, have poor classroom control, act unprofessionally, focus on the wrong goals or have no goals at all. Your child will make honor roll, but will not be prepared for High School. Students take open book tests, are able to correct their tests, are able to correct their homework, not encouraged to study. If you enjoy long weekends and mental health days, this is the school for you. Just write an excuse stating your child was sick and all will be fine. My next door neighbor's child missed over 30 something days and passed. The school is overcrowded; with bulling, fights.. One does not have to show an id to check out their child; you will have no problem with a friend picking them up. Please don't ask questions of office personnel. You will not get a straight answer. The principal is only in for certain parents. How would I describe this school? I believe ghastly, horrific, hideous, horrid, rotten, atrocious, dreadful, and lousy would fit. We transferred our children.

Southeast Middle 4

Posted July 09, 2013
Well I'm going to sems this year and I heard that it was a great school many of my older friends go there but I do have two questions what is the schedule and what activites ate there to

Southeast Middle 3

Posted July 23, 2012
In this school the curiculm was very simple, the teachers even gave you the answers the day before the test. Unfortunately, only few students passed tests that occur on a regular basis due to lack of attention. In addition numerous fights, drug incidents, and talking back to the teachers occured when I was there. Students blame all errors on the teachers and lack respect for them as well. If you pay attention in class, then you will easily succeed here, but be prepared to be called a geek or nerd. An average student's number one priority is sports or popularity. This school is a representation of America, so it is average.

Posted May 30, 2012
I am a teacher at Southeast Middle School, and I can honestly say that it is a good school for students, parents, and teachers. It is crowded, at present around 1200 students, but we continue to have a very diverse, but functional school. Academics come first, but the school has excellent athletics as well, with a chance for most students who want to to get involved. There are also many clubs and activities. As many reviewers have noted, the teachers are demanding. If you don't want to be challenged, don't come to Southeast.

Southeast Middle 4

Posted October 19, 2009
This school I goto is great academics except for the drama and occasional mean teachers i love this school

Southeast Middle 0

Posted August 05, 2009
SEMS is a school of strong leadership and teachers that care deeply for the success of their students. Unfortunately they must deal with the lack of funding from a school board with far to much tenure and overcrowding thanks to state government.

Posted July 14, 2009
I recently graduated southeast middle school after three years. Honestly it is a wonderful school. They have a couple police watching which makes it even more safe and the activites are wonderful as well. The academics are by far very good. Some of the teachers are a little bipolar..Or..Hardheaded but you know..Who isnt? :]. I highly recommend this school because of the staff/students/ and the teaching. Also, to a previous reviewer about not celebrating black history month and walking track...They are doing things about black history month but its just not all about it..They still have more stuff to learn about. They dont just do track..They also have basketball,hockey,jump rope, and many more activities..Its up to your child which one they want to do..If they choose track that is their choice not the schools.(: So yes..Go jags!

Posted May 12, 2009

Southeast Middle 1

Posted February 03, 2009

Southeast Middle
1200 Old Salem Road, Kernersville, NC  27284
Last modified Southeast Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southeast Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top