Arendell Parrott Academy 4

Posted March 09, 2014
My children have been at Parrott for 7 years and they could not be happier!!! The teachers are great and are willing to work with the children and parents. It is nice to know there is an open door policy and I have never felt unwelcomed. I have always been very involved at Parrott and they welcome volunteers. Parrott is like a family atmosphere and everyone is very friendly. They have a great cafeteria which my son loves!!! How many places have homemade biscuits for break and the best hand breaded fried chicken!!! The parents are encouraged to eat with their children also. Mostly when they are in the lower school!! I feel like my children are receiving a great education and will be well prepared for any college they choose. The other day I was working on something for school with my children and I asked them "If you could say one word about Parrott Academy, what would it be?" They said "awesome!!!" I think that says it all.

Arendell Parrott Academy 2

Posted May 19, 2013
I have mixed feelings about this school. The academic are great compared to the other schools in the area. All the teachers are wonderful, especially in elementary and middle school. Personally, the biggest problem with the school is the students. I agree with the review bellow; most of the students are rude, close-minded, intellectually apathetic, and cliquy. Sure, there were a few really nice kids in middle school that made the school worthwhile, but once high-school hit, most of the nice and smart kids with any sense left in them got as far away from APA as possible. APA suffers from an serious lack of diversity. Many of the kids here were materialistic, rich, and spoiled. It was very difficult for any of the newcomers to fit in while still maintaining any resemblance of their former selves. Because the class size was so small, if you did not fit in right away, it was almost impossible to make new friends and you had to run the risk of getting picked on for the rest of your time here. Honestly, APA still beats out the other public schools in Kinston, but if possible, you should definitely still consider other public schools in larger cities like Greenville.

Arendell Parrott Academy 1

Posted September 16, 2012
This is my first year here and so far it is the 4th week of school and I want to leave. I read all those reviews and thought hey, this school is the best school ever. Well, I was wrong! No one here is friendly, even though they call each other friendly. The students here dont know how to deal with diversity, so if there is anyone from a different culture they just simply ignore them. This next sentence makes me mad. This season, I play a sport, where people talk to me(plus my age mates), BUT when I am at school, they imply ignore me. WHAT IS THAT? These peopleare fake and have no manners. I am sorry for my parents because they wasted 9,000 dollars and more on this school plus the 45 minute bus drive. It isn't just the people, it is the teaching. I am used to challenging work, so I use my brain a lot but since I have been here, thinking too much is a disadvantage. That means that the work is not challenging. Just please, I beg of you, DO NOT COME HERE. I really dont want you to waste your money on your child. Don't listen to everyone that says they love this school because they will go behind your back and gossip about you, the students and the parents. Thank you for reading.

Posted April 05, 2012
My children have went to Parrott for five years now, and we love it. The academics are first rate, and it is a very nurturing environment. We live one town away from Kinston so we were apprehensive about the distance to school, but it has really been a non issue.

Arendell Parrott Academy 1

Posted December 28, 2009

Posted September 20, 2009
My daughter has attended APA for 13 years - K-12. The pros have far out weighed the cons - some highlights: Pros: Solid academics. Strong administration, no bureaucracy - they expect much from the faculty, but give them the time and support needed. Perfectly safe (but don't think all the teens are goodie-two shoes). Teachers are involved with the kids, even after school hours. A small tight knit community. Strong push for ethical behavior and community service. Cons: Little diversity. Most parents are white conservative doctors & lawyers - the country club set. Most children are given everything - every new techno-toy, every extra-curricular opportunity, and a car on their 16th birthday. This doesn't make them bad kids, but they do have a skewed view of the world. Academically - too much emphasis on rote learning and piles of homework. That may change soon.

Posted May 06, 2009
This was our first year at Parrott; our daughter completed Kindergarten. We loved it! I can't believe how much she learned. However, she was not over worked or over pressured. Her class participated in a huge amount of fun activities such as parties and field trips. The faculty and staff at Parrott is so nice and welcoming. The older students relate very well to the younger ones. They are helpful and role models for them. The food in the cafeteria is delicious and wholesome. (We aren't talking square pizzas, but roasted pork tenderloin with steamed asparagus & hollindaise sauce for example.) EXCELLENT school overall! Tuition cost not bad compared w/ other private schools and is well worth the expense.

Posted September 17, 2006
- a former student
gotta love parrott...a very sheltered environment,like a very small closely tied community

Posted February 02, 2005

Posted August 26, 2003
My children went to Arendell Parrott Academy for many wonderful years! It was a safe, wholesome environment with strong academic standards. Discipline was an important factor in Parrot's success. In adition, there were many terrific extracurricular activities. Committment to public service continues to be a strong component of the education at Parrott.

Arendell Parrott Academy
1901 Dobbs Farm Rd, Kinston, NC  28504
Last modified Arendell Parrott Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Arendell Parrott Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.