Posted February 08, 2014
I love Lockhart Elementary! My children have been going here for 2 years and and they love this school and teachers Today they even had to go to school on Saturday and were so excited. Excited on a Saturday!!! They must be doing something right. The principal is very friendly and listens to parents. Teachers really have helped my children especially our middle child who had difficulties with learning to read.

Posted October 28, 2012
We love Lockhart. My son has done very well there for the last 3 years, and the teachers are excellent. It is truly a school family. The PTA is very active, and the teachers readily welcome parent involvement in the classroom.

Lockhart Elementary 3

Posted March 25, 2012
Yes, I am speaking about the special needs teacher that is there now and my child was never in "daycare", my child has been in a couple other PUBLIC schools for pre-k in the past and there was always information sent home on the progress of your child. This is not just for pre-k either, there are many kindergarten teachers from schools all over Wake County that send home weekly or daily updates for parents. This is a special needs pre-k class therefore it shouldn't be set up like any typical daycare or pre-k class, there should be more information sent home to notify parents of their child's progress. Any concerned parent would completely agree. Since I have experienced great teachers with my daughter in the past I have my standards set high, if you think that this teacher is amazing then you are really missing out. My daughter has progressed through this year as well but there is something wrong when you go to the teacher with comments/concerns and those concerns get completely ignored. The principal did address my concerns and I am glad that I went to her with them otherwise I would still be competely upset with this school.

Posted March 05, 2012
To the person who posted below me...There is no way you are speaking of the special education teacher that is there now, because she is an absolute wonderful teacher. My daughter was with her last year and she has been at the Pre-K program 1.5 years previously. Last year was the absolute best year ever she has had and grew so much from her. When a child gets moved from a daycare to a PUBLIC pre-k...It is not treated as a daycare, its treated as getting your child prepared for public school, hence the reason there is no daily/weekly notes...It is getting you prepared as well, which it seems as this is your first child or you would know how WCPSS works. I'm sorry you feel that way about Lockhart and the special needs teacher, but you are dead wrong on this one. This is a wonderful school and the best teacher you could ever ask for.

Posted October 24, 2011
Terrific school with great teachers. They really care about the kids and plan great lessons that get the kids involved . Good parent support too. We love the year-round schedule and couldn't be happier.

Posted May 15, 2011
This is a fantastic school - The teachers really care about the students and the teaching is very good.

Lockhart Elementary 0

Posted April 13, 2010
It is great in academics and PT -

Posted March 24, 2010
This is a great school. Very welcoming to the children and parents. Excellent Principal, staff and teachers. We love the year round schedule. We came from another Wake school(magnet) that was not like this and are Very pleased with Lockhart. Basics and individual child development is important to the teachers and it shows.

Posted October 25, 2009

Posted November 17, 2008
I'm a father of 2 kids that have attended Lockhart since we moved here 3 years ago. GREAT school. GREAT teachers. GREAT principals. GREAT environment. My wife & I have gotten to personally know each teacher taking care of our kids and they are all great. Because of reassignment, it looks like we're going to have to take our kids out of this school and I don't know what we'll tell them. It will be very tough on us parents because we love Lockhart.

Contact Information

1320 North Smithfield Road
Knightdale, NC 27545

School website

Lockhart Elementary
1320 North Smithfield Road, Knightdale, NC  27545
Last modified Lockhart Elementary is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lockhart Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.