Bad
Good

We transferred from a school nearby because of bullying, 2 years ago. WE LOVE FORESTVILLE ROAD ELEMENTARY!! Wonderful teachers and administration. Very firm but kind environment. Strong P.T.A. with clear defined goals that engages and listens to the teachers needs. This is a Global studies school! The electives are Spanish, music, art, media, p.e. and technology. It's a secret gem in Knightdale. Both my children have flourished at F.R.E.S.

i gi to this shcool and i love it! staff is great! im in 3dr grade and its fun.. alot of the teachers here are vey helpful and mrs. prigen is a great role model. This shcool is very clean but the bathrooms arent always that clean but other than that this shcool is great!

Now that I look back, Forestville was a very good school for me.. Even though it's been years since I've actually attended this school I often still visit to check on it. The children are so adorable & I've never heard of anyone getting hurt or even misbehaving at this school. The environment is so safe and there is a really nice neighborhood across the street from the school. Some of the students walk to school. There are a lot of things at this school to love. The teachers assist the children all of the time. There are green lines along the hallways to keep the children walking along the right side of the hall to keep things safe & coordinated. "Specials" are certainly something that your kids will enjoy.. I loved it as a young child. Specials include Music class, Technology, Physical Education, Art, and Library. But of course, as year old second-grader, I didn't really like to read that much. Lunch is pretty good. There are frozen sherbert cups that are a big hit in the caf ! And as for the kids themselves, They are really nice :) I'm pretty sure if you're child is going to be in grades Pre-K to 3rd grade everyone is they're friend! Anything below they'll be quite selective.

I love the learning environment, positive reinforcement, teachers and care that this school shows children.

This is a great school! My daughter was new to this school last year (4th grade) and it was the best move we could have hoped for. She had great teachers and she loved all of the staff at this school. Great school, great teachers, and great administration! Cannot say enough positive things.

I am the parent of a rising 4th grader. She has enjoyed her teachers at FES each year and when I moved her to another school to see if a smaller environment stimulated her more, she was miserable. I moved her back to FES and the day I registered her I could see her love of learning return and her spirit brighten. School is more than just academics (she is an execellent student) Memories are made, hearts are nurtured. FES has a committed staff and excellent leadership. This has been our family's best elementary school experience.

I agree with the comments posted about inexperienced teachers. The prinicipal is wonderful and clearly experienced, the teachers are clueless. I requested numerous meetings with the teacher which was fruitless. Now, I have to spend my evenings teaching my child what should have been thaught in school during the day. I am forced to find a different school next year becuase two years of frustration with Forestville Road Elementary School is more than I can take. My child isn't learning and spends most of her time frustrated. I would not recommend this school. You may fortunate and get a good teacher, but the risk of getting an unskilled teacher is great at this school.

This school has a few very skilled teachers and at least 60% very young and/or unexperienced teachers that don't know what to do with kids that don't listen to them the first time. Those 60% of teachers are overwhelmed. This school shows high parent involvement, has a great administration, but if your child your child is one that likes to be academically challenged, this is not the right place to be. I am afraid my children will be way below the average in skills once transferred to another elementary school.

Last modified Forestville Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.