Covington Street Elementary 3

Posted February 02, 2011
What i is feel there should be curriculum books given to students starting from kindergarten so that they study and work at home also for best result. If student miss his/her class he or she cannot study that topic and it effect on report card.

Posted January 29, 2011
Had to laugh a little at last post...this school welcomes parents and community voluneers, although a criminal record check is mandatory. My child has worked with student interns from nearby colleges and a parent volunteer helps her every morning. I am unable to volunteer because of I work long hours. This school does the best at treating the kids like they are their own. They will do everything they can to help you in a bind and always help kids with learning problems. These teachers make sure the high kids are really pushed. They don't just put kids to the side when they reach grade level. Our family is growing and I will not buy a house outside of Covington Street School District. My children are blessed to go to this school.

Covington Street Elementary 1

Posted November 23, 2010
I heard so much about this school but i am not impressed. No parental involvment. They don't like it

Covington Street Elementary 0

Posted June 30, 2009
Covington Street Elementary School is an outstanding school. In the last 2 years there have been many much needed changes. As a parent, I am very pleased to have my son being taught by the teachers who have come on board since his arrival in kindergarten. The principal at Covington Street have one objective and that is to put the children first. She is there to see that my child gets the education he deserves and for that I am greatful. The dicipline & security that she has emplimented is a bonus. Thank you Mrs. Wilcher and staff for all that you do for the children at Covington Street School.

Covington Street Elementary 0

Posted April 16, 2009
Covington Street has the potential to be a great school. Most of the teachers at the school work extremely hard to meet the needs of their students. However, there is a very big emphasis on standardized testing. Five or more full weeks of testing are included during the year which equals a huge waste of time. The principal at the school presents a good face for the community and parents, but one only needs to look at the low teacher retention rate to know that she is not an effective leader.

Posted January 12, 2009
Covington Steet has new leadership and several new teachers that are wonderful. I am very impressed with the school and the caring nature of always putting children first. The new prinicpal is in her second term this year and is doing an excellent job. There is no school like Covington. Education is certainly personalized and all I hear is good from the soon to be # 1 school.

Covington Street Elementary 2

Posted April 16, 2008
Academically this is one of the better schools in the district right now, but they are struggling. This county has a large teacher turnover. All that matters is the test scores.

Covington Street Elementary 4

Posted December 04, 2007

Posted November 02, 2006
Covington Street is an awesome school! I loved the school, the teachers, and the students. I was always made to feel welcomed when I stopped in for an unexpected visit. I was always adressed by my name!(for my daghter and I do not share the same last name) The teachers express a genuine concern for their students. If they feel there is a problem at home or scholastic wise they will reach out to the parents. There are no barriers formed between the well-to-do or the poor nor the smart and the challenged. I was very upset that my district changed and my child had to transfer schools. The schools she did attend afterwards all felt that my child has had an excellent start at Covington Street Elementary School and I pray she carries what she has learned there with her! Thank you Ms Ocean, Carlisle, and Eury!

Covington Street Elementary 3

Posted May 24, 2005

Covington Street Elementary
615 West Covington Street, Laurinburg, NC  28352
Last modified Covington Street Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Covington Street Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.