Lewisville, NC

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 29, 2015
The teachers and administration are fabulous. They could be more effective if the county and state would fund education with as much vigor as they do trying to attract and develop business. A great education system would be the biggest incentive you could provide a community and business.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 29, 2015
I think the school does a nice job of developing these traits but many of the parents fall short. If parents would allow their kids to learn, explore and fail occasionally without having to swoop in and automatically assume "my child would never do..." everyone would benefit.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
They do so by being active in the community and encouraging the kids to be involved and care for their classmates, peers and others.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
The staff, administrators and children are held accountable. They're teaching not only a strong curriculum but also life skills that can be applied throughout life - courtesy, respect, appreciation, etc.

Lewisville Elementary 5

Posted May 29, 2015
Teachers and administration at the school are wonderful. My child loves seeing the principal out in the community. The entire staff does a tremendous job of being active in the community. The only complaints I've ever heard came from parents that felt their child should have received some type of "special recognition". My experience is the staff doesn't single out everyone and make sure "everybody gets a trophy". They choose to emphasize overall growth and teamwork. My experience has been the staff and administration make decisions based on the best interest of ALL the children, not just the select few whose parents are continually trying to manipulate the outcome to their advantage.

Lewisville Elementary 5

Posted March 05, 2015
This school is wonderful! My children are receiving an excellent education and feel loved. All members of the staff are caring and competent. All of the teachers that I have dealt with are top notch. The principal is very welcoming and makes herself available. I have been involved in multiple public and private schools in the past and I have never seen a more "present" principal. By the way, she doesn't call herself mistress, she is pronouncing Mrs. I feel that everything that is done at this school is in the best interest of the children, not the parents, which is how it should be! And, the state test scores continue to be high. I am happy that my children are attending such a nurturing, safe and accademically superior school.
2 people found this helpful

Lewisville Elementary 2

Posted March 05, 2015
So disappointed in the direction this school has gone. We LOVED it there, but things have changed a lot over the past few years and with heavy hearts, we moved our children to another school this year.

Lewisville Elementary 1

Posted January 22, 2015
I am very concerned that the principle calls herself mistress Choplin. They have lost medical records. My child is afraid to go glad by the principals office. I am considering moving my cold to another school.

Lewisville Elementary 2

Posted August 10, 2014
While this school was exceptional for many years and my son had an excellent experience in Kindergarten, first and second grade, many changes have occurred since the new principal came 2 years ago. Many teachers have moved to other schools or taken an early retirement. Morale has dropped significantly and the school seems like a military academy now rather than an elementary school. Field day was cancelled due to weather and not rescheduled for K-2 (despite the fact that there were 3 weeks of school remaining), awards were eliminated, and parent involvement is no longer encouraged. Teachers appear discouraged. Students report that the principal is rude and reprimands teachers in front of them. It is so so disheartening to see such a wonderful school change so significantly in such a short amount of time.

Lewisville Elementary 3

Posted May 24, 2014
The school has been Superb as far as the last several years of my children's education. There has been a changeover with the principle which many of the valued staff has suddenly left or retired which is extremely concerning. Several of the lead and head teachers are not going to be there next year . I heard that one teacher on a LOA has been replaced and job not saved. If I find out that is true, I will be removing my three children out of there. The principle seems nice to parents. But obviously something is wrong for teachers to just up and quit.

150 Lucy Lane, Lewisville, NC  27023
Last modified Lewisville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewisville Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top