Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers and administration are fabulous. They could be more effective if the county and state would fund education with as much vigor as they do trying to attract and develop business. A great education system would be the biggest incentive you could provide a community and business.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff, administrators and children are held accountable. They're teaching not only a strong curriculum but also life skills that can be applied throughout life - courtesy, respect, appreciation, etc.

Teachers and administration at the school are wonderful. My child loves seeing the principal out in the community. The entire staff does a tremendous job of being active in the community. The only complaints I've ever heard came from parents that felt their child should have received some type of "special recognition". My experience is the staff doesn't single out everyone and make sure "everybody gets a trophy". They choose to emphasize overall growth and teamwork. My experience has been the staff and administration make decisions based on the best interest of ALL the children, not just the select few whose parents are continually trying to manipulate the outcome to their advantage.

This school is wonderful! My children are receiving an excellent education and feel loved. All members of the staff are caring and competent. All of the teachers that I have dealt with are top notch. The principal is very welcoming and makes herself available. I have been involved in multiple public and private schools in the past and I have never seen a more "present" principal. By the way, she doesn't call herself mistress, she is pronouncing Mrs. I feel that everything that is done at this school is in the best interest of the children, not the parents, which is how it should be! And, the state test scores continue to be high. I am happy that my children are attending such a nurturing, safe and accademically superior school.

So disappointed in the direction this school has gone. We LOVED it there, but things have changed a lot over the past few years and with heavy hearts, we moved our children to another school this year.

I am very concerned that the principle calls herself mistress Choplin. They have lost medical records. My child is afraid to go glad by the principals office. I am considering moving my cold to another school.

While this school was exceptional for many years and my son had an excellent experience in Kindergarten, first and second grade, many changes have occurred since the new principal came 2 years ago. Many teachers have moved to other schools or taken an early retirement. Morale has dropped significantly and the school seems like a military academy now rather than an elementary school. Field day was cancelled due to weather and not rescheduled for K-2 (despite the fact that there were 3 weeks of school remaining), awards were eliminated, and parent involvement is no longer encouraged. Teachers appear discouraged. Students report that the principal is rude and reprimands teachers in front of them. It is so so disheartening to see such a wonderful school change so significantly in such a short amount of time.

The school has been Superb as far as the last several years of my children's education. There has been a changeover with the principle which many of the valued staff has suddenly left or retired which is extremely concerning. Several of the lead and head teachers are not going to be there next year . I heard that one teacher on a LOA has been replaced and job not saved. If I find out that is true, I will be removing my three children out of there. The principle seems nice to parents. But obviously something is wrong for teachers to just up and quit.

This school has dramatically changed since the new principal has taken control. School climate and morale is extremely low and many experienced staff are leaving in search of administration at other schools who appreciate them and treat them with respect. High test scores and outward appearance are the main focus of this school, not student growth and well being. I would not recommend this school for any child.

Everything seems to be trending downward. I am fortunate to have my child at this school, but I'm concerned with the future (namely, teachers leaving). All I hear are negative things from teachers - at least when they are comfortable speaking with me candidly. It all points to the principal. With a change in administration, I would be much likelier to recommend this school.

Last modified Lewisville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.