Lewisville Elementary 2

Posted August 10, 2014
While this school was exceptional for many years and my son had an excellent experience in Kindergarten, first and second grade, many changes have occurred since the new principal came 2 years ago. Many teachers have moved to other schools or taken an early retirement. Morale has dropped significantly and the school seems like a military academy now rather than an elementary school. Field day was cancelled due to weather and not rescheduled for K-2 (despite the fact that there were 3 weeks of school remaining), awards were eliminated, and parent involvement is no longer encouraged. Teachers appear discouraged. Students report that the principal is rude and reprimands teachers in front of them. It is so so disheartening to see such a wonderful school change so significantly in such a short amount of time.

Posted May 24, 2014
The school has been Superb as far as the last several years of my children's education. There has been a changeover with the principle which many of the valued staff has suddenly left or retired which is extremely concerning. Several of the lead and head teachers are not going to be there next year . I heard that one teacher on a LOA has been replaced and job not saved. If I find out that is true, I will be removing my three children out of there. The principle seems nice to parents. But obviously something is wrong for teachers to just up and quit.

Lewisville Elementary 1

Posted May 13, 2014
This school has dramatically changed since the new principal has taken control. School climate and morale is extremely low and many experienced staff are leaving in search of administration at other schools who appreciate them and treat them with respect. High test scores and outward appearance are the main focus of this school, not student growth and well being. I would not recommend this school for any child.

Posted May 13, 2014
Everything seems to be trending downward. I am fortunate to have my child at this school, but I'm concerned with the future (namely, teachers leaving). All I hear are negative things from teachers - at least when they are comfortable speaking with me candidly. It all points to the principal. With a change in administration, I would be much likelier to recommend this school.

Posted May 28, 2013
Great principal, teachers and staff. They are attentive to kids' all needs, and very creative for parent involvement.

Posted May 11, 2013
This remains to be a good school. My personal opinion is that the previous Principal was superior in regard to student interests. However, the teachers at Lewisville Elementary are experienced and excellent.

Posted February 15, 2013
Lewisville Elementary is amazing. A great school. The staff and teachers are caring and excellent.

Posted January 31, 2011
This school certainly takes pride in educating their students. They have gone the extra mile to ensure that my child recives the quality of education that she deserves. I am so happy that my children have the oppurtunity to go to this wonderful school!!!

Posted April 27, 2010
Wonderful, caring, and positive teachers!! Im so disappointed to be leaving the school district because my children will miss out on the closest thing to a private education with Lewisville Elementary School!

Posted August 18, 2009
As a former student at Lewisville, I can tell you it is a wonderful school. I met plenty of wonderful people (not just students, but parents and faculty as well) that I am still in contact with. With the exception of a few, the teachers are nice, firm and experienced and the children are in good care.

Lewisville Elementary
150 Lucy Lane, Lewisville, NC  27023
Last modified Lewisville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewisville Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.