Lewisville, NC

Posted March 10, 2015
This school is wonderful! My daughter loves going to school each day and is excited to see the principal and staff whether at school or out in the community. She runs up to them to give hugs every time she sees them. There continues to be a small group of parents that continually stir-up controversy because of staff turnover. I personally know several of the staff members that have left. Each departed staff member I have spoken with expressed their ongoing support for the administration and staff of the school. They emphasized they left for personal reasons NOT because of the administration. They actually felt the new administration was more empowering and supportive of the staff and students, commenting that because the new administration doesn't get bullied by special interest parents it's probably leading to the continued complaining because they had witnessed this group manipulate the school previously. Lewisville Elementary School is fantastic and I would encourage any parent & child to visit and make their own decision based on personal interaction and experience - don't be skewed by comments both good or bad posted on a website!

Posted March 05, 2015
This school is wonderful! My children are receiving an excellent education and feel loved. All members of the staff are caring and competent. All of the teachers that I have dealt with are top notch. The principal is very welcoming and makes herself available. I have been involved in multiple public and private schools in the past and I have never seen a more "present" principal. By the way, she doesn't call herself mistress, she is pronouncing Mrs. I feel that everything that is done at this school is in the best interest of the children, not the parents, which is how it should be! And, the state test scores continue to be high. I am happy that my children are attending such a nurturing, safe and accademically superior school.
2 people found this helpful

Lewisville Elementary 2

Posted March 05, 2015
So disappointed in the direction this school has gone. We LOVED it there, but things have changed a lot over the past few years and with heavy hearts, we moved our children to another school this year.

Lewisville Elementary 1

Posted January 22, 2015
I am very concerned that the principle calls herself mistress Choplin. They have lost medical records. My child is afraid to go glad by the principals office. I am considering moving my cold to another school.

Lewisville Elementary 2

Posted August 10, 2014
While this school was exceptional for many years and my son had an excellent experience in Kindergarten, first and second grade, many changes have occurred since the new principal came 2 years ago. Many teachers have moved to other schools or taken an early retirement. Morale has dropped significantly and the school seems like a military academy now rather than an elementary school. Field day was cancelled due to weather and not rescheduled for K-2 (despite the fact that there were 3 weeks of school remaining), awards were eliminated, and parent involvement is no longer encouraged. Teachers appear discouraged. Students report that the principal is rude and reprimands teachers in front of them. It is so so disheartening to see such a wonderful school change so significantly in such a short amount of time.

Posted May 24, 2014
The school has been Superb as far as the last several years of my children's education. There has been a changeover with the principle which many of the valued staff has suddenly left or retired which is extremely concerning. Several of the lead and head teachers are not going to be there next year . I heard that one teacher on a LOA has been replaced and job not saved. If I find out that is true, I will be removing my three children out of there. The principle seems nice to parents. But obviously something is wrong for teachers to just up and quit.

Lewisville Elementary 1

Posted May 13, 2014
This school has dramatically changed since the new principal has taken control. School climate and morale is extremely low and many experienced staff are leaving in search of administration at other schools who appreciate them and treat them with respect. High test scores and outward appearance are the main focus of this school, not student growth and well being. I would not recommend this school for any child.

Posted May 13, 2014
Everything seems to be trending downward. I am fortunate to have my child at this school, but I'm concerned with the future (namely, teachers leaving). All I hear are negative things from teachers - at least when they are comfortable speaking with me candidly. It all points to the principal. With a change in administration, I would be much likelier to recommend this school.

Posted May 28, 2013
Great principal, teachers and staff. They are attentive to kids' all needs, and very creative for parent involvement.

Posted May 11, 2013
This remains to be a good school. My personal opinion is that the previous Principal was superior in regard to student interests. However, the teachers at Lewisville Elementary are experienced and excellent.

Lewisville Elementary
150 Lucy Lane, Lewisville, NC  27023
Last modified Lewisville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewisville Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top