K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The uniqueness of Sheets Memorial Christian School is that it provides a rigorous academic program from a Christian Perspective. We have a 95% graduation rate and 96% of our graduates pursue higher education. Our graduates have been accepted and done very well at such places as Duke University, UNC-Chapel Hill, Wake Forest University, High Point University, Liberty University, and many more. SMCS provides the balance that equips students to succeed academically, socially, and spiritually.
June 30, 2011

Bad
Good

Posted June 13, 2012
I'm a former student of Sheets and attended there from the time I was in kindergarten until the my junior year of high school. The teachers and faculty are amazing. The elementary school provides a challenging education as does the middle school. However, due to the small number of students and limited amount of teachers, the high school falls flat in the electives it allows for its students. To agree with one of the other reviews here, I excelled in all my classes with little effort. This was partially because they cannot divide the classes into advanced placement as a public school would due again to the small number of students. I would recommend Sheets for anyone who has a child in elementary school, but would suggest transferring the child once his or she reached seventh or eighth grade.

Sheets Memorial Christian School 1

Posted February 10, 2012
This school dismissed my 4 year old some with no warning. He has special needs and I repeatedly gave this school multiple resources to help them with his disability. This school actually told me that my son would be better served in the public school system. The preschool just simply did not want to deal with him or listen to any suggestions or take any instruction from professionals.

Posted October 14, 2011
As a former student, I firmly believe that the education I received in elementary school was far above average. In middle school, the education was very good as well. Unfortunately, I felt that high school left me unprepared for the real world. I loved the majority of my teachers, but I was not challenged at all. I never had to study to keep a 4.0 GPA, and that has become a detriment to me in college. I would certainly send my children to elementary school at SMCS, but I would transfer them elsewhere around 6th grade. The high school class variety was rather limited, and I was unable to pursue any real interests of mine in school. Bottom line: great school for young kids, not so much for older students.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 30, 2011

Posted March 16, 2010
My son has been at Sheets since kindergarten, he is now in the fourth grade. I thank the Lord every day for the school, the students and especially the staff!! Because of this school my son hears about the Lord almost every hour of every day!! God please keep blessing the school and everyone pray for our country!!

Posted January 24, 2010
Good Christian school if your child has no learning disabilities. Need to invest more time and knowledge into special ed. program so that ALL kids can have a Chrisitian education.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great Staff!!! Keep up the Good Work!!!

Posted December 25, 2006
Sheets has many very dedicated teachers and staff. It provides an excellent knowledge of the Bible and for that I am grateful. However, the middle school and high school are not as high caliber as is needed. Sheets is unable to provide the academic excellence and variety of class choices that are needed to prepare a student for college.

Sheets Memorial Christian School 5

Posted November 22, 2004
It's the best school you couldever send your kids to.

307 Holt Street, Lexington, NC  27292
Last modified Sheets Memorial Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12