PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Union Grove Christian School 1

Posted May 29, 2015
NEPOTISM. That's all this place is, with a side of hypocritical. Whoever goes to church there is treated very well. If you don't go to church there, don't expect anything good to happen to your kid. I recently ended my first of college in a state university and I felt like I was behind all year. I felt embarrassed and so unprepared for college, yet I was a straight A student at UG. But my main issue with them is this: My brother and I went there for three years, I graduated from there in 2014. I was very active and played sports for the school. My brother ended up leaving that year. A year later in 2015 my brother was killed in a motorcycle accident at 16 years old. We heard from 1 faculty member there, the librarian, also the mother of my friend. Not a peep from anyone else there. After being there for 3 years and being very involved, not hearing anything from the school was heartbreaking, yet typical. This is a small town so the "maybe they didn't hear about it" excuse is invalid. This school is a joke. Calling themselves Christains when they're the furthest thing from it. My family saw more Christianty out of my brothers public school than we did this "Christian" school during his death. None of them could look pass their pride for just a moment to reach out to a family who just lost their 16 year old son and brother. If that doesn't tell you something about these people, I'm not sure what will. Overall, if you want your child prepared for college and you want your child to succeed in life, I strongly suggest looking into other options than Union Grove "Christian" School.

Union Grove Christian School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
Union Grove Christian School was the WORST waste of money and time we ever endured. Teachers would not take time to help my child understand or retain what the teachers were trying to teach. My child was bullied without recourse to the bully and military style punishment for forgetting supplies. Teachers in the 5th grade were tyrants and almost bullies themselves. The principle only cared about your money and not your child. I know of a graduate from this school that did no know what a resume was!! The school is trying to gain accreditation, but still far behind the curve. Watch out for politics, and a Christian atmosphere is far from what you will get. If your a member of the church, you will probably be ok, but if not expect issues. I can't rate this school any star quality unless it's a negative rating. You will get better schooling for free at public school. SAVE your hard earned money!!!!!

Union Grove Christian School 2

Posted April 17, 2013
Sending my child to Union Grove has been disappointing for me.There are two primary concerns that I would encourage parents to evaluate.(1) While I appreciate several teachers and the love and care they have shown, there are some very ineffective and unloving teachers who have been employed by the school for quite some time.When one of these teachers makes grievous errors in their behavior toward a child, the administration supports and continues to employ the teacher.More integrity could be demonstrated by administration if the ineffective teachers were held accountable and if only competent teachers who display the love of Christ toward students were employed.My child has attended for six years & had 4 good teachers & two very poor teachers.These are not the kind of percentages I'm looking for in a Christian school.(2) When an elementary age child is physically aggressive (hitting, kicking, throwing things, etc.), verbally aggressive, or bullies other children the administration waits until a serious injury occurs before taking action.My child has not been bullied but I've seen it happen to vulnerable children. My child will not be attending this school next year.

Posted August 14, 2008
Great School. I have been going to this school for 12 years because i started at the age of two and am going into the eigth grade. I love this school the teachers are great. I would recommend this school more than any other school I know of.

Union Grove Christian School

Posted November 24, 2007
My mother was the first kindergarten teacher at ugcs. I did not have the good fortune of attending, because i was ahead of the grades as they were added. So when my husband and i had children and had to decide where to send them we used educated judgment on the graduates of the school. We wanted to be sure that the children would receive a top notch education. We knew the spiritual leadership was there. We have not been dissappointed. The teachers are caring, but strict, gentle, yet strong. The love of christ is definitely evident. Our children have all the opportunities that any public school student would have. Our son graduated valedictorian of his class. Our daughter is on the same track. They also have chances for athletic scholarships, since they have more chances to play in a smaller school. Parents just have to work a little harder. Excellent.

Posted October 09, 2007
A school determined to live up to its name...a Christian school. Dedicated teachers, faculty, and staff commited to helping students find God's will in their lives. Strong athletic programs that foster cooperation and using God given abilities. Strong support from the parent church as well. The school continues to seek to improve their academic platforms and prepare graduates for college and life beyond high school.

Union Grove Christian School 2

Posted June 12, 2007
Honestly Union Grove was not a very good school for me. Popularity is based on athletic ability, although I played sports I don't believe people should be judged if they don't play them. I also believe the emphasize athletics more than academics and that is a problem. Going to Union Grove will not prepare someone for college. The student body doesn't meet the standards that a christian school should have.

Union Grove Christian School 3

Posted April 16, 2007
This school places more emphasis on religion than academics. Although I do believe that religion should play a large part in a child's life, I do not believe it should dominate their academics. This school should try to balance it out a little more. Prepare the child for real life, as well as their spiritual path.

Posted September 12, 2006
As a grandparent with two grandchildren at Union Grove Christian School, I am very pleased with the Christian emphasis that is instilled in all the activities at the school. I would recommend any parent sending their child to Union Grove Christian School.

Posted January 30, 2006
Great school. Great athletic department. Quality teachers, particularly high school.

Union Grove Christian School
2295 Union Grove Road, Lexington, NC  27295
Last modified Union Grove Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Union Grove Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top