PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Union Grove has been an excellent choice for my kids. The preschool program is amazing and should be considered even if you aren't interested in sending your kids there for their entire school career.

Teachers are very attentive. Class size is smaller than public schools. Staff works directly with student and parent to ensure their success. Administrators have open door policy to all parents for inquiries and/or suggestions and really listens. My son went from "I don't want to go to school", (public) to "Can I please go to school", upon transfer to union grove. Correction and discipline is done in a loving Christ like manner. I never have felt as if they were blaming my child but rather teaching him why not to do a behavior through biblical practice and consequence. They embrace my child as a person that matters not as just another kid to teach so they test well and boost scores. :) That really matters to me.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I cannot specify as I do not have a student with such a need.

This school does not prepare it's students for the future and for college careers. Seemed like a waste of money to me. Wish my parents could've saved their money and sent me to public school.

Union Grove Christian School was the WORST waste of money and time we ever endured. Teachers would not take time to help my child understand or retain what the teachers were trying to teach. My child was bullied without recourse to the bully and military style punishment for forgetting supplies. Teachers in the 5th grade were tyrants and almost bullies themselves. The principle only cared about your money and not your child. I know of a graduate from this school that did no know what a resume was!! The school is trying to gain accreditation, but still far behind the curve. Watch out for politics, and a Christian atmosphere is far from what you will get. If your a member of the church, you will probably be ok, but if not expect issues. I can't rate this school any star quality unless it's a negative rating. You will get better schooling for free at public school. SAVE your hard earned money!!!!!

Sending my child to Union Grove has been disappointing for me.There are two primary concerns that I would encourage parents to evaluate.(1) While I appreciate several teachers and the love and care they have shown, there are some very ineffective and unloving teachers who have been employed by the school for quite some time.When one of these teachers makes grievous errors in their behavior toward a child, the administration supports and continues to employ the teacher.More integrity could be demonstrated by administration if the ineffective teachers were held accountable and if only competent teachers who display the love of Christ toward students were employed.My child has attended for six years & had 4 good teachers & two very poor teachers.These are not the kind of percentages I'm looking for in a Christian school.(2) When an elementary age child is physically aggressive (hitting, kicking, throwing things, etc.), verbally aggressive, or bullies other children the administration waits until a serious injury occurs before taking action.My child has not been bullied but I've seen it happen to vulnerable children. My child will not be attending this school next year.

Great School. I have been going to this school for 12 years because i started at the age of two and am going into the eigth grade. I love this school the teachers are great. I would recommend this school more than any other school I know of.

My mother was the first kindergarten teacher at ugcs. I did not have the good fortune of attending, because i was ahead of the grades as they were added. So when my husband and i had children and had to decide where to send them we used educated judgment on the graduates of the school. We wanted to be sure that the children would receive a top notch education. We knew the spiritual leadership was there. We have not been dissappointed. The teachers are caring, but strict, gentle, yet strong. The love of christ is definitely evident. Our children have all the opportunities that any public school student would have. Our son graduated valedictorian of his class. Our daughter is on the same track. They also have chances for athletic scholarships, since they have more chances to play in a smaller school. Parents just have to work a little harder. Excellent.

A school determined to live up to its name...a Christian school. Dedicated teachers, faculty, and staff commited to helping students find God's will in their lives. Strong athletic programs that foster cooperation and using God given abilities. Strong support from the parent church as well. The school continues to seek to improve their academic platforms and prepare graduates for college and life beyond high school.

Honestly Union Grove was not a very good school for me. Popularity is based on athletic ability, although I played sports I don't believe people should be judged if they don't play them. I also believe the emphasize athletics more than academics and that is a problem. Going to Union Grove will not prepare someone for college. The student body doesn't meet the standards that a christian school should have.

Last modified Union Grove Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12