Central Davidson High 0

Posted January 09, 2008
I graduated from Central Davidson in 2005. It's a great school to attend. Most of the teachers are top notch teachers, they care about their students in and outside of school. They not only prepare you for your remaining years in high school but also for college. Central also has one of the top bands in the state along with a very good school althetics.

Posted October 04, 2007

Central Davidson High 3

Posted October 08, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from Central Davidson a few years back. I graduated with honors and I am now attending UNCC with a major in Mechanical Engineering. There is too much focus on athletics.

Posted September 29, 2006
I like this school, even though my kids don't.They feel that there are not enough choices for elective classes.

Central Davidson High 5

Posted April 07, 2006
My child enjoys going to school, even though she struggles to keep up with the heavy work load. I see her learn something new on a daily basis. The study materials/worksheets given by the teachers have been great study tools for tests. The staff are a mixed of new and old, some straight out of college only teaching in their 1st or 2nd year. These new teachers show energy that the students seem to thrive on. More choices for elective courses and extracurricular activities would be nice, such as French/German (only foreign language taught is Spanish), automotive (a teenager should know how to change their oil), and it would be great to have a baseball team. Involvement of parents is good. Usually see several I know at football games and other school events.

Central Davidson High 2

Posted March 30, 2006

Central Davidson High 2

Posted December 28, 2005
Too much focus on athletics; too little focus on actual education. Far too much emphasis on EOC test-prep--teachers seem to be more concerned with scores than the students really learning anything. Staff is judgemental of students, even when encountering them for first time. Teachers exchange class lists behind closed doors and advise one another of which students are 'hopeless' compared to those 'worth your time.' This is not an environment I want for my child.

Posted August 20, 2005

Central Davidson High 3

Posted July 26, 2005
I have a rising senior and I graduated from CDHS. I feel the leadership is very interested in the best interests of the kids and their learning. I think the EOC's were a horrible thing because it has changed the focus of the teachers to testing and sometimes they forget the basics. We have been through some great teachers and we have also had those not so great. Some teach their personal life and not the material needing to be taught. I wish the chorus would have been extended into High School because our child has a great talent which she has left untouched since being in High School. Parent involvement is high.

Central Davidson High 1

Posted March 23, 2005

Contact Information

2747 North Carolina 47
Lexington, NC 27292

School website

Central Davidson High
2747 North Carolina 47, Lexington, NC  27292
Last modified Central Davidson High is a public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Davidson High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.