Bad
Good

We moved here from out of state, we picked this area for the school. We are very pleased with the principle. She is in it for the kids! There are a lot of good teachers that care too!

My child has gone to this school since she was in kindergarden. We have had bumps in the road but this school is awesome. I love the princ. coley. She really is for our children and their future. I pray they get the new school built b4 my next daughter starts. I agree with the other parent way to over crowed. but everyone seems to handle it to the best of their ability with what they have.

This is the best by far of any school I have ever enrolled a child in in 26 yrs. the teachers are great, the curriculum is great and all the office personell are pleasant and helpful. The teachers do their utmost best to help the child learn and take in to consioderation the whole family situation when dealing with a problem child to find the best solution for the child to learn.

MY child is in 1st grd. here. We are pleased with the teachers They are Great! Our problem is how over crowded the school is. This is actually 2 schools crammed into one. Its a shame our children have to suffer because the School Board/Superintendent has done nothing to rezone or look at this problem. But they can build a new elem school for TYRO . This is absurd!! Over 1100 Children in one place is CRAZY its no wonder half the school is out sick all year. Some need address this situation and make some changes instead of IGNORING it !

I am happy with the overall job the teachers are doing at Southwood. My daughter is a first grader this year. I was pleased with her teacer and assistant teacher in kindergarten they were excellent. Misty

Last modified Southwood Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.