Bad
Good

Posted March 10, 2016
I'm a second generation to graduate from WHHS, I graduated in 2013 and I still live about 3 miles from the school, even though my assigned district was HCHS (Harnett Central High School), it was just closer. There were a couple teachers that I really didn't like, but other than that, I loved my teachers. They really take the time to help a student if they ask for the help, and gave numerous opportunities to get help.

Posted March 11, 2015
This is a great school, if you ever want to go to this school make sure you check out Mr.Carter's Art Class room. Even if you don't like art. We have made statues, done computer graphic's, and a hole lot other things!

Western Harnett High 1

Posted July 29, 2013
This school is good for average children with average needs; the percentage of graduates of this school that complete college is less than 15%, which is disturbing. We left early in my daughter's college career, and were fortunate enough to leave NC and it's deplorable education program. She was terribly behind her peers and it took a year to catch up, and this was an honors student at WHHS. THe state we are in now requires all graduates to take the ACT, yet students at WHHS are not even encouraged to take it. Which could indicate why their college completions rates are so low; they don't encourage higher education. This school is average on a great day, on an average day, it's a waste of time.

Posted May 17, 2013
So fare I have seen that the Teachers are great with the kids and take time with the ones how need the extra help.

Posted August 16, 2011
I love this school! I live exctally 2 miles from WHHS. I'm a junior this year at WHHS. It's been voted best cleanest school in the county and one of the best high schools in the state. All the teachers and students are great!

Posted May 27, 2010
I love this school This is my Freshmen year and i could'nt ask for a better school I went to the middle school for grades 6-8 all 3 years.My dad and uncle both went to this school and gradueted so did my dads 2 cousins

Western Harnett High

Posted December 02, 2008
This school is amazing. I've been here since my freshman year, and before that I went to the middle school. I only got to spend 2-3 weeks of my senior year here before I got forced to move to South Carolina, where the schools aren't as strict as they should be. Overall, Western Harnett High has taught me so much over the 3 years I attended. I am most definitely going back as soon as I get the chance. The teachers are amazing and will take the time out to help you if you ask.

Posted September 15, 2007

Western Harnett High 3

Posted July 20, 2006
I graduated in 2004. I was given the opportunity to be taught by excellent teachers such as Mrs. Blake, Mrs.Castle, Mrs.Dugger, Mrs.Mac, and other teachers that no longer work there. I also played football and was coached by great men such as Coach Wyrick, Coach Matt, and Coach Castle. While there were occasional teachers that I believe shouldn't have been teaching, for the most part all my teachers were great and greatly contributed to my acceptance into UNC-Chapel Hill.

Posted February 13, 2006
I was a member of this school. I ran cross country and the teachers that I had where great. I graduated 2001. Coach Mann was a great teacher and mentor. I will always recommened this school to anyone moving to that area. I am in the military now and doing great. Thanks Western Harnett High School for your great work. I will visit again.

Western Harnett High
10637 Nc Hwy 27 West, Lillington, NC  27546
Last modified Western Harnett High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.