Posted January 31, 2013
The Principal at Raleigh Road Elem. seems kind and honestly cares for our children. HOWEVER, it is a hit and miss with the teachers. The comunication skills most of these teacher have w/ parents is subpar at best. I had a 1st grader with behavioral issues and was basically labeled shortly into the school year, which ended up with the teaher having no compassion or patience. This year I have another 1st grader, she is NEVER a problem, however she does have trouble with reading and writing and just when she was getting settled into her class, they moved her with a new teacher w/ diff. methods. Since, I have requested a confrence with her 3 times~nothing to this very day! Honestly, if the teachers cant keep these parents up to date, how can we as parents help? Aside from turning into a jerk of mother, there is really no moving forward. If you can, I would either research the teachers to pick the one YOU feel is best for your child or choose a different elementry school. Otherwise you will struggle to get anything changed with your child if a issue arises. Long Hill Elem. is a totally different school, it is fantasic and I cant wait for my daughter to attend there next year!!

Posted October 07, 2012
The entry dated Aug 23, 2011 summarizes our experience with Raleigh Road Elementary School. Our 1st grader had some behavioral issues at our previous school, and that school worked with us constructively to resolve the issues - which they did within a few weeks of intervention. I went to the school Jul 2012 to give them all of the info on my son's situation, and I'm under the impression that information was not taken into consideration when he was placed, and it was a fight to ensure they "heard" us. As of today, communication has improved, for we're keeping our fingers crossed that with our DAILY monitoring of the situation, that we will get through this school year in a positive manner and we are looking forward to Long Hill Elem School for 2nd grade!

Posted August 23, 2011
When we moved to Fayetteville last winter, we bought a house in the Raleigh Road district because of the high marks the school received online. However, we were very disappointed. Our first-grader loved his previous school, and was above grade level in reading and math. At Raleigh Road, he showed little progress and truly began to hate school. His teacher was very disorganized and the relationship between teacher & assistant was unprofessional and unproductive. The entire school seemed to be focused on numbers (#of books read, # of AR points, etc.) instead of on student growth. Students who transferred to Raleigh Road during the school year were expected to "hit the ground running." Contrary to what his teacher promised, there were no accommodations made for transfer students. Our child came home tearful & stressed MANY days because he hadn't made the "100 Club" or something similar like his friends. We are SO glad to have Raleigh Road behind us, and we are truly looking forward to Long Hill Elementary for '11-'12.

Raleigh Road Elementary 5

Posted June 01, 2011
I have had two children attend kindergarten and 1st grade at Raleigh Road. We have been through three principals in the last four years. Each principal has had a different style and vision but the quality of education has never wavered because of the experienced and committed teachers and staff at this wonderful little school. Parent involvement is also a important factor in the success of this school. The kids have fun and are ready to learn each day. It is just a wonderful little school and you would be hard to match the loving feel that children get while they enter the doors each day. Thanks Raleigh Road for the wonderful foundation you have given my children.

Raleigh Road Elementary 5

Posted July 20, 2010
I visited this school while my daughter was in Kindergarten at another school. What the kids here were doing was far and above what she was doing. The children seemed happy and had a love of learning. I moved my daughter to this school for 1st grade and she thrived!! She had a great teacher who didn't praise her just because she was cute. My daughter learned to have pride in her ability to be successful in school. I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to this school.

Posted June 03, 2010
This is NOT the school you want to attend if your child has special needs. We originally thought that this smaller school environment would be great for our son with Hight Functioning Autism but the staff lack so much in knowledge and seem unreceptive to learning. Communication has been lacking most of the year. Problems would be ongoing for weeks at times before anything was mentioned to me, ususally as they were trying to suspend my son for things they totally could have prevented. Mrs Booth, while very visable in the school, is not a strong leader and it shows.

Raleigh Road Elementary 4

Posted June 02, 2010
My child attended 1st grade here with Ms. Shafer (who unfortunately moved). Overall a great elementary school well worth the move to the country side of town. Lots of parent/grandparent involvement which means great student support. I do agree that the principal wasn't the best I've seen, but my child learned a lot, had fun, and came home happy. That's what matters to me.

Posted May 10, 2010

Raleigh Road Elementary 0

Posted February 24, 2010
Raleigh Road is an excellent school. My child is receiving a quality first grade education here. The school has very, very high expectations of the kids in terms of learning, quaility of work, respect and discipline. The PTA is strong and well organized. Lots of volunteers work tirelessly helping produce fun activities for the kids (Halloween fair, Valentines Dance party), and parents are encouraged to help out in the classroom or stop in to eat lunch. Mrs Booth is the most hands-on principal I have ever met. She is alway around the school, checking in on classes, greeting kids by name, helping get them on the bus in the afternoon. She sets the tone for a school that works together to accomplish goals and set kids up for success in later years. I'm very impressed.

Posted January 27, 2010
This school has gone downhill fast. We moved to this side of town for this school, boy are we disappointed! The cirriculum is great but some of the staff is lacking from the top down!

Raleigh Road Elementary
8330 Ramsey Street, Linden, NC  28356
Last modified Raleigh Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-1
Raleigh Road Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.