Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

A Child's Garden School 3

Posted June 20, 2016
It's a small "trailer" school. No gym, cafeteria, or "real" library. Feels more like a daycare at times than it does a school. We don't feel like it would be a place that could keep our child safe. When my child transferred schools he was behind but while in the school he was one of the top. Some teachers focus more on how many pencils and erasers that the kids have in their desks than what's really important. The pluses are that it's a tight nit community since the school is so small. There are some really caring teachers at this school but they need more support. It's WAY better than most of the other schools around in Louisburg and Franklinton.

Posted May 27, 2012
Wonderful school. Staff is wonderful. Everyone makes you feel like part of the family. Small class size. Great parent involvement.

Posted October 17, 2011
My daughter is in kindergartern at Crosscreek. She has learned how to be very independent. Everyone makes you feel like part of the family at Crosscreek. The teachers and principal are wonderful.

Posted October 13, 2010
We love the "private school feel" of Crosscreek, but it is a public charter school without any tuition. It's a very small school, great teachers and everyone knows everyone. The academics is top-notch and we couldn't be more satisfied!!

Posted January 27, 2010
My child was lost in public school, floating along by just getting by. Since her enrollment in Crosscreek she has become a dedicated student, mentor to other students, and a participant in her own education. Thank you , teachers at Crosscreek, for your dedication to helping students achieve a desire for learning in an atmosphere conducive to it.

Posted January 15, 2010
I am not a parent who has sent their child to this school, but I am a student, in fact. I have been going to Crosscreek Charter School since it opened up 9 years ago. Sadly, this is my last year there, and, well, I was hoping that if a parent saw this, they would really see it from the child's point of view. I love Crosscreek. Everything about it. The teachers are great, and friendly, always coming to help you when you raise your hand. I learned very easily there, and already have a plan for college. Crosscreek makes children like me ambitious, ready to learn new things. Also, there aren't bad influences in CCS like there is in other public schools. Lastly, the rooms are very calm, and I find that I can think very clearly.

Posted October 11, 2008
This is my daughter's 2nd year at CCS. I am very impressed with how fast she learns, but most of all how she can explain what she is doing & understands it. The school holds up to their mission. The teachers are well educated & they love what they do. They go out of their way to help the students grasp what they are taught. The director of the school is the heart of the school. She is a dedicated director & does all she can for her students. I can honestly say that everything that she does is not for her, but for her students. A combination of a dedicated director and outstanding teachers are the excellent groundwork for a well educated future leader. I am honored to be a part of this school & can't wait for my other 3 to attend.

Posted October 07, 2008
My Child just started Crosscreek this year. She has learned to be very independent and thrives on the active hands-on approach to learning. Before at the traditional school, she had no challenges, here she does. Our children are not only being taught by highly qualified teachers, but an excellent principal who understands the strenghts and need of our children. The principal and teachers love educating our children and they show it everyday. Enrolling my child at CCS was the best decision for my child and our family.

Posted July 12, 2008
My child has had a great experience at Crosscreek. She has learned to be more independent in her approach to learning. She participates in volleyball and art lessons. EOG scores are high. Teacher quality is high. I am extremely pleased with the school. Crosscreek is Franklin County's best kept secret.

Posted April 30, 2008
If your child is self motivated, good at both independent and group study, and enjoys doing projects and activities, then this is the school for you. The teachers love their students, are highly qualified, and love working here. They use positive behavior techniques and do their best to teach responsibility to the children.

306 Sandalwood Ave, Louisburg, NC  27549
Last modified A Child's Garden School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.