Manteo Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2014
Our child loves the school. Communication is usually good and the course work is challenging. Current teacher is not as good as last years. A younger teacher this year who seems a bit snippy and dramatic. I see the lack of maturity in a younger teacher as the issue here. Overall, it's a wonderful school that continues to grow. They are even building onto it now. It's a really good school.

Manteo Elementary School 3

Posted August 02, 2012
The principal and most staff are excellent, committed and caring. Facilities are good quality, but crowded. There is a subset of staff who have no business teaching, is "just a job" to them, but thankfully, they seem to be a minority. I wish they would raise standards across the board. The extreme comment below is suspicious, note that she has been in several schools. Overall, I'll give MES a solid three and with their good leadership, I see them growing to 4-5.

Posted August 18, 2010
This school used to have a poor rating. For the past two years, it has made AYP, even with challenges such as spanish speaking students and a high percentage of kids with special needs. The teachers care and the principals listen. They are a lot more professional than they used to be. I don't know what that bad review is about, maybe her children were a problem. I love Manteo Elementary School and I'm glad my kids go there.

Manteo Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2010
Horrible School!!!!!!! It may have been great, at one time, but as of now .it's NOT the place you want your kids to be! The school is full of sad, negative, angry, stressed out staff members. They are always yelling and ordering the kids around. They have NO respect for the children, so the children have no respect for them. The cafeteria is crazy, chaotic, loud, and stressful! I often see kids crying during lunch how sad! The crazy thing is, the teachers think this is normal behavior! My kids have been to several schools, and I've NEVER seen a school like this before! I pulled my kids out before the year was over and put them in a new school .TOTAL DIFFERENCE!!!! I talked to MANY parents that 100% agreed with me, but could not leave the area - do it - get your kids out of that toxic, underperforming school!

Posted September 25, 2008
I love MES. Teachers are wonderful and they have all kinds of extras: music, art, spanish. Great public school. Highly recommended.

Posted May 15, 2007
MES is a great school! I went to school there when I was young. My children attend MES now. We actually live outside of the Manteo school district, yet I have my children transferred to MES. We have an excellent new principal, Mary Ann Wetsel. She has shown proven commitment to our school and our children. MES has really stepped up to the plate with many cultural programs.

Manteo Elementary School
701 N Hwy 64/264, Manteo, NC  27954
Last modified Manteo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manteo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top