Matthews, NC

Crown Point Elementary 2

Posted June 02, 2015
I'm not sure who wrote previous reviews but I had 2 kids at Crown Point in the 2014/2015 school year and was shocked. I was blessed with 2 great teachers so the school does have a few but I've also witnessed first hand children getting screamed at in hallways and lunchroom and been publicly humiliated by teachers and administrative staff. My advise volunteer for a day at the school and see for yourself. I'm pulling my kids out.

Posted August 28, 2013
Wonderful school! I Excellent teachers, the principal is awesome and my children are loving. I`m very happy with Crown Point Elementary School.

Posted October 18, 2012
Great school! The staff, teachers and principal are all very friendly. I have been pleased with my son's teachers thus far and they have exceeded my expectations. Nice school environment, the children seem happy to be there.

Posted July 14, 2011
My son has been there from K and is now entering the 5th grade and my daughter is now going into the 3rd grade. The teachers are very competent, patient, caring and keeps parents involved in their child's education from the 1st day of school to the last. The principal is an excellent leader and he is always front and center anytime you go to the school. I love it! My kids love it! I wouldn't dream of them attending school anywhere else. The atmosphere at the school is safe, clean and each staff member are welcoming. Crownpoint Elementary is #1 !!!

Crown Point Elementary 4

Posted December 11, 2010
Such a wonderful school!! The teachers are wonderful for my son that is in second grade. He had two teachers in his class. Mr. Scoufifier was wonderful with students, along with all of the other staff.

Posted November 22, 2010
My son wakes up everyday excited about school. He loves his school and his teacher. When we first registered him, the principle took us on a tour of the school and introduced us to every person we passed in the hallways. This school as a very warm enviroment for the kids. We are very pleased.

Posted May 25, 2010
We love this school. My son attends this school and is learning so much. The principal and teachers are wonderful

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten and she had a great year 2008-2009 at Crown Point Elementary. She learned a lot and did great all year. We are both happy that she had Ms. Trnian as her teacher.

Crown Point Elementary

Posted February 15, 2008
My daughter has gone to Crown Point since Kindergarten and the straw has finally broken the camels back. We have made the decision to move out of CMS and go with a new school and a new school district. We have asked for additional help since kindergarten and have gotten none! She is now in third grade and is so far behind we may keep her back next year. What happened to the 'no child left behind' program the state has implemented? It is only hurting the schools and the students.

Crown Point Elementary 3

Posted May 11, 2007
They have good academic programs but they don't have enough staff to handle the amount of children in the school. They treat the children poorly because of lack of staffing

Crown Point Elementary
3335 Sam Newell Road, Matthews, NC  28105
Last modified Crown Point Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crown Point Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top