Posted March 21, 2014
Very strong administration! I have a special needs child with Autism and a Gift Child. Both get support and are challenged to improve by the wonderful teachers and support team. We love the school!

Matthews Elementary 3

Posted February 01, 2014
Both of my children went through Matthews with the last finishing up 5th grade in 2013. I used to really like this school and would've recommended it to anyone. However, the school received a new principal a few years back and I can't say the change had been a good one. The new principal is a young fella trying to work his way up the administrators ladder quickly. Unfortunately sometimes that is to the detriment of the students and staff. Thankfully I have many great memories of the school and what it was prior to his arriving at this school or my rating would likely have been much worse. We had some fabulous teachers while there and and two not so fabulous teachers. I am thankful for those that care and love what they do and love every child that steps in their classroom.

Matthews Elementary 4

Posted October 17, 2013
Matthews Elementary School was a warm welcome for my daughter. We just moved from Florida and were met with helpful people, all with smiles and having pride in the school they work at. My daughter who is in the 2nd grade wants to make sure we don't move again until she is all the way through the sixth grade.

Posted June 26, 2013
Our first year at Matthews & we could not be more impressed! Great teacher communication & welcoming environment. We are very pleased to have chosen Matthews!

Matthews Elementary 4

Posted March 01, 2012
My child has been at Matthews for almost 3 years...and it gets better every year. This year however, he's having a great year, and I really have to give credit to his teacher...Mrs. Moffatt. She is AWESOME! I truly mean that. She keeps the kids motivated and happy. Which goes a long way.

Posted July 29, 2011
This school is amazing. The staff is so committed to education and making sure every child gets the education they need and at the level they can perform at the same time complying with a strict curriculum. The principal, Mr. Miliotte is a very nice man. He is very accesable and reasonable. You can find him early in the morning greeting kids and parents at the drop off. The teachers really want and encourage parent involvement. It is almost impossible not to get involved in this school, they expect great things from the kids and the parents.

Posted February 18, 2011
Its amazing, Im currently in middle school and i go to crestdale and i Adore that school . I learned and made alot of lifetime friends . And dont forget Your Blue &Gold . MATTHEWSS!

Matthews Elementary 0

Posted October 27, 2010
It's just a great school in a small community.

Matthews Elementary 0

Posted October 30, 2009
My son is in K at Matthews Elementary school and he loves it. I just had his first parent teacher conference with Ms. Vann and she was very detailed about my son and how he performs in school. I was happy that she took the time to know so much about him when she has a class full of other students. The after school program there is also great. Ms. Gallo is wonderful and has so many activities planned for the children instead of having them sit around after school waiting on the parents to show up. I plan on having my son at Matthews Elementary until he can't go there any more. I am confident that he will excel with all the teacher and principal interactions in his life.

Posted July 24, 2009
we moved here from NJ a year ago and we are thrilled with Matthews Elem. in NJ our children were in private school and we found Matthews Elem to provide a wonderful enviornment and academics. Our children have surpassed their NJ classmates in reading and math. The Principal and staff are focused on the students and their caring shows through.

Matthews Elementary
200 McDowell Street, Matthews, NC  28105
Last modified Matthews Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Matthews Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.