Posted March 11, 2014
I have three kids at ELE. I was horrified when reading the other ratings by parents. Our experience has been overall great at this school. As with any public school there are things I wish could be changed, but for the most part things are run very smoothly and the children are encouraged to their fullest potential. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for scholastic opportunities within CMS.

Elizabeth Lane Elementary 3

Posted June 28, 2013
Communication is a major problem at this school. From the principal to the teachers, there is a complete lack of information sharing. I've found the staff to be extremely judgmental of single parents and parents of children with any type of learning obstacle. Behind the principal's fa ade is an attitude that the parents aren't very smart, which makes problem resolution very trying. The office staff commonly behave as if you are annoying them when you ask questions or ask something of them... On the positive side, this is a challenging school academically. Great parent involvement, and wonderful kids!

Posted August 15, 2012
My family moved within Charlotte so my kids could attend ELE. We have had incredible teachers and great support from the staff. My kids are getting structure and space to be themselves.

Elizabeth Lane Elementary 1

Posted July 17, 2012
The problem with CMS in general is its "culture". Teachers and adimistrators don't care about the kids. They only care about statistics and rankings because that is how they get their money from the government. They could care less about the kids emotional, social or learning needs. These kind of needs are "irrelevant" to CMS and it's what makes CMS a failure.

Posted June 27, 2012
Elizabeth Lane is a wonderful school. The teachers, are very involved and care a great deal for the children and their success. Academic expectaions are very high; but, why shouldn't they be? Teaching children to work hard and expect hard work is okay.

Elizabeth Lane Elementary 1

Posted May 18, 2012
My experience: School states that my child has a learning disability or rather insinuates. Now, 2 years later and a nightmare of an experience for our child in the kindergarten and 1st grade years, something that we as a family can never retrieve. Resolution: Come to find out after an expensive documented evaluation with a private therapist, our child was CLEARED of any type of learning disability. We home school our child and use alternative online education to exceed what our child would have acquired at ELE. The mastery level is overrated and antiquated for gifted children. The program is unappealing if you want to have your child explore their challenges. So again, sadly, there is no "hoorah" moment for this school.

Elizabeth Lane Elementary 4

Posted May 18, 2012
Elizabeth Lane is wonderful school that strives to educate their children. The staff teaches children independent work and study skills needed for middle school. The focus in this school is on the children and what will be best to meet the needs of their education. High volunteer involvement is key to their success giving teachers more time to focus on their teaching goals. The school is filled with children of all backgrounds as is the community. Supporting the school is a high priority as we all depend on ELE to help with our children's education.

Posted February 27, 2012
This is a GREAT school. The teachers and staff are very involved and nice. It does have a high expectations for its students but it is all for the good of the kids.

Elizabeth Lane Elementary 4

Posted February 26, 2012
I don't know where race issues came into this school. I went there two years ago for three years, that's not very long ago either, and it was the best elementary school I attended. Parents were very involved, and I feel like all of the teachers (most of the teachers) were very sweet and caring to all students. No student was effected because they had "the wrong skin color". Yes, I've heard the school has gone down because of the principal changes lately, the old principal when I went there was amazing. I've heard from parents of kids who still attend that many teachers have had trouble adjusting to these changes, give it time. When they have a stable principal it will get better again. I always learned things in this school, and it helped me prepare for middle school. Overall I had great teachers and the students weren't so bad. I had a few bullying problems though, but it was mostly just the girls. You have to expect in this generation some of the kids are going to be mean to others. Remember not every teacher you have is going to be amazing, and as you get older things get tougher and you can't just quit when people are mean and things get hard. You never learn that way.

Posted February 17, 2012
I have had three children attend this school and have been very happy. Each of my children were very different and I have found they were very well prepared for South Charlotte MS. LIke all schools, some teachers are better than others but found overall that the staff was great! We are not a white family and have not found that prejudice is an issue. It is an AFFLUENT school and that has it's pros and cons.

Elizabeth Lane Elementary
121 Elizabeth Lane, Matthews, NC  28105
Last modified Elizabeth Lane Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth Lane Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.