Matthews, NC
Students enrolled: 2,032

Posted November 19, 2014
My two oldest sons graduated from Butler. Due to the variety of AP classes they could take they earned a college semester's worth of AP credits. Because of their quality education they both earned full tuition scholarships to the college of their choice and had many Ivy League schools interested in them. What more could you want? Bonus: the football team has been one of the top 5 teams in the state the last 5 years, if you love football.

Posted April 09, 2014
My Daughter goes to Butler and loves it. The teacher are always open to assist the children when needed for tutoring in any AP or Honor classes. Love the kindness and support the kids have for each other in sports and in the class room. No judging!!!

Posted March 19, 2014
My son has excelled at Butler. A few teachers my son thinks need to retire or go back to school. As an AP student I feel he is ready for college. Butler has a great dual enrollment program also for college bound students.

David W Butler High 4

Posted August 31, 2013
Butler High School is a great school. My 2 boys went to private school from kindergarten through 8th grade and then transferred to Butler for high school. We were very happy with a majority of the teachers at Butler. In fact, I feel the quality of the teachers at Butler was as high or, in some cases, even higher than the teachers at the private schools. Of course, at every school there are one or two teachers who should not be there. There are no perfect schools. But in our 8 years at Butler (my sons are 4 years apart) my children did very well, both socially and academically.

Posted March 07, 2013
I would like to thank all the teachers that I had last school year and this school year for helping me succeed as far as possible. Thank YOU

David W Butler High 2

Posted December 07, 2010
I have called about 5 times leaving messages and can't get a call back from one particular teacher. Poor communciation.

Posted October 04, 2009
Great faculty and students

David W Butler High

Posted December 18, 2008
We are new here and my child have been at Butler High since August. Over all, this school is ok. There are too many students and 'some' of the teachers need to retire or change their careers, because they seem to be fustrated and stressed to the end with their own personal problems. Communication between parents and teachers could also improve. I understand they are busy, but that's the only way we as parents can make their jobs easier.

Posted September 11, 2008
This school is a really nice, safe and a great school. I'm a senior at Butler right now and I have no problems what so ever with this school. Butler is such a great school!

Posted April 14, 2008
I have two kids, boy and girl and both have excelled at Butler. They were also 2 totally different kids. One very outgoing, one very shy. Both are at/going to excellent colleges.

David W Butler High
1810 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Matthews, NC  28105
Last modified David W Butler High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David W Butler High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top