Matthews, NC

Posted August 26, 2014
My family loves Crestdale! This is our third year and I have a 7th grader and an 8th grader. We have a new principal this year, Kathleen Richert and she is a fabulous addition to the school! The academics are strong, teachers are excellent and the environment is a positive place for my kids.

Crestdale Middle 4

Posted February 02, 2012
i love crestdale and the only reason you people are haters are because youre probably just unwilling to try and are too scared to stick up for yourself. HMPH. the teachers are great and willing to work to help individuals who need it while at the same time are giving you a bit of freedom. You manage your own time. I AM A STUDENT AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

Crestdale Middle 4

Posted April 14, 2011
I have two children at Crestadle with different personalities and learning styles, and Crestdale has been great for both of them. My daughter, who has more challenges with schoolwork than her brother, has blossomed at Crestdale ad made the honor roll for the first time ever. Teachers are willing to tutor before or after school. My son enjoys his honors classes, and the sports experience there for him has been great. Wonderful coaches who keep the athletes on the straight and narrow. Coach Cambruzzi rocks! It's a very goo dschool

Posted January 22, 2011
This school was terrible. The kids there were so rude and stuck up. It was impossible to get them to accept you. I am so glad I went to East Meck for high school. I did not want to be with those people any longer

Posted May 08, 2010
This school was the worst experience of my life. I came here in the 6th grade, only looking for a happy middle school career. What I found was a school full of potheads, bullies, and teachers unwilling to help. It is impossible to do more than one thing (ie, acting and football) because students won't accept you. The teachers are horrible, with a few exceptions for Mr. Canupp and Ms. Hill. It was bullied in the 6th grade, and became suicidal in the 7th. I thought the problem was me, so my self-esteem went down the toilet. But when I transferred to Randolph Middle School in the 8th grade, everything changed. People accepted me as an actor, an athlete, and a scholar. I had tons of friends, and made straight A's. I joined Glee club and student council, and became a football team captain. Crestdale is evil. Period.

Posted November 25, 2009
This, my friends, is the worst school that i have ever been to. All of the other students here are almost, if not completely brainless. In algebra 1 class, we have been going over slope-intercept form for the past 3 weeks because nobody can understand it. I had to transfer here from randolph because i was tired of getting home at 5:30. I am definitely not impressed with the teachers either. They really don't know what they are doing.

Posted September 05, 2009

Posted June 29, 2009
If your kids are focused on academics, Crestdale is an awesome school. Our son scored so high on his EOG's that he was invited by Duke University to take the college SAT test as a 7th grader. The staff really supports and motivates kids that are there to learn and succeed academically, not just the kids focused on athletics like some area schools. If you are serious about your child's education, you will look for a school like Crestdale. It's a school that is truly pushing to help get our kids prepared for high school and college.

Crestdale Middle 0

Posted June 01, 2009
We moved from jersey, and for my 11 year old, it was an extremely terrible transition. However, that said, I was honored and blessed that the support from his team Anne Shelton, Asst. Principal Crane, and Officer Young and Kelly Hoagland in the front office became his backbone. It was because of them and teachers like Rory Gregory, Mrs. Buhlinger, and Mrs. English, my son's grades went from 1st qtr. all D's back to the A's, B's and C''s where they belonged. This is a great school with a new leader, Rhonda Houston, who i deem a consummate professional. Had i not had these people to guide me from day to day, we would have been lost! I thank God they were a part of my son's life and MINE as well. This is a great school with a nurturing environment, especially for children who are in transition from moving. sheila

Crestdale Middle 2

Posted May 08, 2009

Crestdale Middle
940 Sam Newell Road, Matthews, NC  28105
Last modified Crestdale Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crestdale Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top